Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bucks have been surprising me all season, like the Jazz and the Nuggets, but they are not getting as much publicity.

Having not had the chance to see them all year, to what do you attribute this success?

* Terry Porter?
* Increased minutes for Redd?
* Cassell/Smith trade?
* Unselfish play?
* Strong bench? (DMase, Kukoc, Gadzo, Jones)
* Anything else?

I didn't expect the Bucks to be in the playoffs before the season started but it looks certain now.

Well done!:clap:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I think that new additions like Joe Smith and Brian Skinner gave the Bucks an inside presence not seen since the heyday of Vin Baker. Also, Mike Redd is an all-star, being more consistant then anyone could foresee. Tj Ford is a spark, and will be a very solid player for years to come. Damon Jones, Dez Mason, Toni Kukoc, and Dan Gadsuric form the best bench in the league. And Tim Thomas is having his best year of his career. Throw in a coach that is 2 years removed from the game, a coach that relates to his players better then any coach in the league, and you have a solid playoff caliber team.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Bucks have only had 2 technicals called on them so far this season!!!

Most of the other teams have around 20, heh... Lakers already have 36.

While the rest of the teams is giving up pts from technical free throws, the Bucks aren't. Just think of how many points the in technical free throws the lakers are on pace to give up this season.

This kinda shows that most of the players have good chemistry with each other, and that there isn't any large egos that argues calls instead of focusing on the game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts