Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why aren't Thorn and Frank sending Wright to the Roanoke Dazzle? They should be utilizing the D-League as much as they can. The Dazzle have already started training camp which is why I think is a good time to send him NOW! I would rather see Wright develop his skills and get some playing time with the Dazzle than just him sitting at the end of the bench in a suit game after game.

SEND WRIGHT TO THE DAZZLE NOW!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
AND1NBA said:
Why aren't Thorn and Frank sending Wright to the Roanoke Dazzle? They should be utilizing the D-League as much as they can. The Dazzle have already started training camp which is why I think is a good time to send him NOW! I would rather see Wright develop his skills and get some playing time with the Dazzle than just him sitting at the end of the bench in a suit game after game.

SEND WRIGHT TO THE DAZZLE NOW!
its better for him to learn under carter and jefferson
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mjm1 said:
its better for him to learn under carter and jefferson
He's not learning anything from sitting on the bench day after day. It's better for him to get some real playing time and see what type of skills he really has. Sure he can learn stuff from RJ and Vince, but thats not going to help him develop those skills if he's not getting any playing time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
AND1NBA said:
He's not learning anything from sitting on the bench day after day. It's better for him to get some real playing time and see what type of skills he really has. Sure he can learn stuff from RJ and Vince, but thats not going to help him develop those skills if he's not getting any playing time.
they practice alot, true he doesnt get playing time, but the d-league is basically garbage time all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mjm1 said:
they practice alot, true he doesnt get playing time, but the d-league is basically garbage time all the time.
OK dude, whatever. Practice is no where near like being in a real timed competitive game. Wright needs to play in a competitive game with refs, shot clocks, fouls, defence, etc... to develop his skills. You can say whatever you want about the D-League, but atleast it's a competitive league and he'll get playing time. The Wolve's and the Suns have already sent players down there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
AND1NBA said:
OK dude, whatever. Practice is no where near like being in a real timed competitive game. Wright needs to play in a competitive game with refs, shot clocks, fouls, defence, etc... to develop his skills. You can say whatever you want about the D-League, but atleast it's a competitive league and he'll get playing time. The Wolve's and the Suns have already sent players down there.
dude, say what you want, but there is a reason why they have not sent Wright to the development league.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I don't think any team wants to have headlines surrounding a rookie from the draft that he was the first player sent to the NBDL.

After the first is sent, a few others from the draft will follow shortly.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Petey said:
I don't think any team wants to have headlines surrounding a rookie from the draft that he was the first player sent to the NBDL.

After the first is sent, a few others from the draft will follow shortly.

-Petey
Wolve's sent:

Dwayne Jones and Bracey Wright

Suns sent:

Dijon Thompson
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
AND1NBA said:
Wolve's sent:

Dwayne Jones and Bracey Wright

Suns sent:

Dijon Thompson
ebi left the nba when given the choice to go and play in the d-league. 2 teams out of 30 sent a combined 3 players, does that not say something?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
AND1NBA said:
Wolve's sent:

Dwayne Jones and Bracey Wright

Suns sent:

Dijon Thompson
Not sure about Jones, but you've named 2 2nd round picks otherwise. Doubt the Nets have problems sending Drejer down.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mjm1 said:
ebi left the nba when given the choice to go and play in the d-league. 2 teams out of 30 sent a combined 3 players, does that not say something?
Ndudi Ebi was already in the league for 2 years so he wasn't qualified. The D-League just started this year, just give it time and team will start sending players down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
i think it's better for wright to be with the nets, and not in the d-league. he may not be playing in the games, but being with the nets in practice is important.

he'll learn more from carter and rj.

he'll learn the nets offensive and defensive scheme, and hopefully, he'll be ready when he is finally fielded in by frank.

and the coaching staff can really see his progress during scrimmages and training.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
842 Posts
AND1NBA said:
Why aren't Thorn and Frank sending Wright to the Roanoke Dazzle? They should be utilizing the D-League as much as they can. The Dazzle have already started training camp which is why I think is a good time to send him NOW! I would rather see Wright develop his skills and get some playing time with the Dazzle than just him sitting at the end of the bench in a suit game after game.

SEND WRIGHT TO THE DAZZLE NOW!
What kind of playing time is Wright going to get in the Dazzle training camp?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top