Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Baron is a one-man show(ask Tracy McLady) Kobe is a groupie on Shaq's franchise. If you put kobe on the grizzles, they will still suck!

P.s. Baron's crossover is wayy better than Kobe.:laugh:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Was this supposed to be a joke?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kobe
- Won 3 rings
- age 23, many more years left
- Was pick to be in the US team but turn it down due to getting married
- All star game mvp
- Almost broke the all star points record
- So close on breaking the all time laker 1st half points with 34.
- career high game 56, could have put up over 60 or 70 points if he played th 4th.
- look at the stats from playoff games... even when he is sick he put up 27.1 ppg
- nba dunk contest winner
- put up 30 points in the rookie game.

As you can see, Kobe is a whole lot better. I rest my case...

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
What???

Baron is a triple-double waiting to happen, but better than Kobe??? I am a HUGE Hornets fan who was thrilled when they actually move to my home town, but Baron better than Kobe??? Let's check the stats:

Baron Davis
6-3, 223, 23 years old, no rings
18.1 PPG
4.3 RPG
8.5 APG
2.1 SPG
.57 BPG
41.7 FG%
35.6 3P%
58.0 FT%
2.83 assist to turnover ratio

Kobe Bryant
6-7, 210, 23 years old, 3 rings
25.2 PPG
5.5 RPG
5.5 APG
1.5 SPG
.84 BPG
46.9 FG%
25.9 3P%
82.9 FT%
1.97 assist to turnover ratio

It looks like a choice between {height, points, rebounds, and good shooting from the field and the line} and {assists, steals, and three point percentage}.
I'm still gonna go with the rings, but I didn't know the two were that comparable.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
you certainly don't need to look at stats to figure out who the better player right now is (clearly kobe, and it's not very close). just watch the games.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RaginCajun</b>!
Baron is a one-man show(ask Tracy McLady) Kobe is a groupie on Shaq's franchise. If you put kobe on the grizzles, they will still suck!

:no: I am a huge Baron fan but c'mon, I even hate Kobe but he's twice as good as Baron.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Re: WHY IS KOBE MUCH BETTER THAN BARON DAVIS....HERE'S WHY

Baron is a solid player, especially on the offensive end, but he doesn't play any Deffense and a victim as well, the bigger guards have that advantage......you've seen it!!!

I'd take Kobe's overall game over Baron's cross over anyday, and if that's not enough, how about a dagger for the 4th qtr, and let me top it off with 3 Rings at the age of 23 baby and thee only playa being compared to the great MJ. Oh yeah let me include........ALL NBA Playa & ALL NBA Deffense

Sorry Bro......NO COMPARISON HERE!!! just proven facts
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kobe
- Won 3 rings
- age 23, many more years left
- Was pick to be in the US team but turn it down due to getting married
- All star game mvp
- Almost broke the all star points record
- So close on breaking the all time laker 1st half points with 34.
- career high game 56, could have put up over 60 or 70 points if he played th 4th.
- look at the stats from playoff games... even when he is sick he put up 27.1 ppg
- nba dunk contest winner
- put up 30 points in the rookie game.

6-7, 210, 23 years old
25.2 PPG
5.5 RPG
5.5 APG
1.5 SPG
.84 BPG
46.9 FG%
25.9 3P%
82.9 FT%
1.97 assist to turnover ratio

Make T-mac a second option and he would not be close to as good. Kobe is better.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Make T-Mac a 2nd option and he would not be close to as good.Kobe is better.
I can say the same about Kobe!Take Shaq out of the equation and make Kobe the #1 option,and he WOULDNT be as good as he is now,cuz he would get double and triple-teamed.The only reason Kobe puts up GREAT numbers is cuz hes the ONLY SUPER-STAR in the league that gets played man to man,cuz the opponent has to triple-team Shaq!

WHAT?!?!?!:eek:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Kobe takes about .7 less shots per game than T-Mac. He also gets easier shots than T-Mac. This discussion is stale anyways.... :sleep:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Heat Lunatic-

Are you saying Kobe never gets double or triple teamed? When Shaq is injured he scores alot even though he is double teamed. T-mac only averaged like 15 ppg with Vince.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why are pepole listing the mot ridiculos things to prove Kobe is better?
" Almost broke the all star points record?"
" So close on breaking the all time laker 1st half points with 34"
"- nba dunk contest winner "
"- put up 30 points in the rookie game."
Am I supposed to look at his post and think "well T-Mac came in second to Vince in the Slam Dunk Contest, and Kobe won it so he must be better." Pretty much the only way to see who is eally better is to watch the players on an everyday basis. I would say that both T-Mac and Kobe are pretty equal but give the edge to Kobe because he has the best killer instinct in the game. Baron Davis is not on their level.

·
Registered
72 Posts
tmac was still develping when playing with vince, he blossomed due to experience...it still would have happened if he were on the raptors. Kobe is a more finished product than tmac, as far as skill, at the moment kobe wins, however, tmac has a lot more potential and could easily become better than kobe within a couple years.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

First off you cant use the excuse: Well Kobe has Shaq

ypu cannot use this as an excuse. What if Davis had Shaq?
I guarentee his ppg would drop. Kobe is a better defencsve player, a better rebounder and a better clutch player IMO.

Kobe score more points, grabs more rebouns, blocks more shots and is a better FT shooter.

I dont know about you but to me Kobe is hands down better than Davis. He is also more versitle. Kobe is better at offense AND defense than Baron Davis.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
You don't win on potential

1 - 20 of 35 Posts