Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still don't understand it. It is mindboggling to me. For what like 9 minutes in the 3rd? He didn't even start the 3rd....

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Gilbert wasnt scoring and is why he started on the bench in the second half, at least thats the reason he gave to the media after the game.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I was pretty shocked as well. I guess that was just a big bonus for us.. :angel: :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Nets0701 said:
I still don't understand it. It is mindboggling to me. For what like 9 minutes in the 3rd? He didn't even start the 3rd....
who cares... maybe it was gil's shot selections or lack of d... or he was just not playing well or he might be tired!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think it simply was Jordan's strategy. If Arenas lit up the arena later in the game we might not have enough time to find a solution.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
4,734 Posts

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
I assumed Arenas had to have said something, becuase you don't just bench your team's star and leader for playing poorly. That simply isn't done. Jordan hurt his team tonight, and, I have to assume, his relationship with Gilbert as well.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Anyone think its because Arenas studied at 'The TMac school of I don't need my teammates'?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
He is a former nets coach, maybe he just liked seeing the nets win. :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts