Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think he was playing to stay or playing for a trade? either way it was nice to see him put a good game together, I loved the fact that he had 8 boards in the game!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
He was just 'ON'. I think making the game winning shot the last game gave him confidence, and when he made his first couple of shots this game guys just kept looking for him.

With Rose out MoP got to stay on the court and not get cold, but really it is nothing more than a hot streak. Tied his career high for 3's.

What impressed me was the mid-range shot off the pump fake and the drive to the basket. If he does that stuff every game he can become a more consistant player.

But this one game does not make him any more consistant. He is still the same old MoP until he proves otherwise.

Rebounds were nice too. Keep it up. If Curry is going to play major minutes we need MoP to get 8 every game.

·
Registered
187 Posts
playing to stay? playing to be traded??

whatever happened to just playing?

with rose out of the starting lineup, maybe he felt he really needed to step up, and he really did. draining his open shots, and when the defense started to challenge his shots, he would drive. and as always, played good defense.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I don't think that it was a coincidence that the game was the first one on National US TV.

We needed him to contribute with Rose out and Alvin lagging. KO gave him the green light to take shots and he did a great job.

Jalen will be out for some time, so hopefully Mo can pace himself and contribute for us every night..

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Yeah I was thinking that Mo had been playing well but a look at the stat sheet shows that his scoring is at half the total it was the last two seasons - he avg'd 14, and 14.1 the past 2 , this years its only 7.7

If he wants to stick around he's gotta keep it up

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
really not surprising. he showed games like this last season, and he put up single digits numbers for the next 2 or 3 games after wards, then back to mediocrity, then back to stellar performance, the back to single digits numbers, then mediocrity, then back to a stellar performance, then back to single digits numbers, then back to mediocrity, then back to a stellar performance.................

i hope my point gets out

·
Registered
203 Posts
i wouldnt really say MP was playing to stay or to be a bait for the trade deadline. he is in his last year of contract, and usually most NBA ballers get the best of their game to get a contract. thats the nature of sports these days. I believe MP wants to stay in T.O ... he is doing his best to stay on the same page with the couch KO. its going to be hard for the raptors to pick up a free agent this summer, with MP and DM contracts expiring and hoffman's contract being reward for dumping him last year. If curry decides to retire this year, it could change the out look, but not significantly, we should straight up trade LM for anyone, we cant seem to attract lots of teams with is style of play. and correct me of iam wrong,
Montross, hakim, Bradley (should resign him), Lonny, mason, and arch will come off the books this year. Not to sure about milt and moiso.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
billfindlay10, that is an hilarious prediction on Peterson. I think every NBA player are suppose to show up every game, regardless of their circumstances on the team.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
billfindlay10, that is an hilarious prediction on Peterson. I think every NBA player are suppose to show up every game, regardless of their circumstances on the team.
there is no such thing as a consistent NBA player.

there are, however, least inconsistent players

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Mo Pete is capable of nights like this. Sadly, he might just come up with a single digit scoring the next game or something, he's just that inconsistent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts