Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
draft Kareem Rush instead of Qyntel Woods??:no: Don't Rush and Kobe play the same position? If they had drafted Qyntel Woods instead (whose game i think is not yet as developed as rush, but has much more upside than rush.... a potential all-star in the future), they would have the most explosive core in Kobe, Shaq and Woods in the L in a few years!! ALthough Woods would probably not be able to contribute right away like Rush, since they have kobe and shaq anyway, i think they shouldve taken a gamble by taking woods. :sigh: Who knows? Maybe Woods will develop his game and become the next Mcgrady, then the Lakers will look back and regret to have wasted ther pick on kareem rush. Can you imagine Kobe and a Mcgrady-clone playing on the same team? Damn, they would be tearin it up:eek:

·
Registered
231 Posts
The Lakers didn't draft karrem rush, they drafted Chris Jeffries and traded him to the raptors for kareem.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Yeah, I dont think Woods was available for the Lakers.

And I think Woods is gonna be a great player. The guy can really, really score. But he won't be McGrady. He is nowhere near athletic as he was made out to be. He was compared to Tmac and Kedrick Brown coming out, but both those guys are way ahead athletically.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The deal with the Raps was already done before the draft. The Lakers could have got Woods but they wanted Rush. They thought that he would be effective immediately because he can shoot the ball. Woods is a project, and the Lakers got enough projects.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
No love for Rush?

Yeah, Woods could end up a very good player, but so could Rush. People always say, "what if Woods develops into a great player, won't the Lakers feel stupid?" but you neglect to mention how they'd feel if both Woods AND Rush end up great players. Rush was at one time considered a high to mid lottery pick, and he's still the same player. He's not a great athlete, but he can shoot with the best of them. He's got learning to do, but he will at the very least be a Steve Kerr for LA. He fits into the triangle exceptionally well, while Woods would struggle. Woods also has questions surrounding him off the court, and I've heard that in his interviews he didn't come off as a smart person, and in order to succeed in the triangle you have to be a smart player.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheRealist</b>!
The deal with the Raps was already done before the draft. The Lakers could have got Woods but they wanted Rush. They thought that he would be effective immediately because he can shoot the ball. Woods is a project, and the Lakers got enough projects.

This post is true....by TheRealist
They had a chance at Woods earlier in the draft, Some say they would've spoke to Indiana about the possibility of picking-up Woods for them, but the talks died out prior to the draft night.

The Lakers felt more comfortable with Krush's work ethic's, Both players will benefit for their teams, they felt Krush was stable and has a polished game, Woods if he pans out in the future......watch out
:yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I think Rush is a better fit than Woods-Rush is a smarter player and he is also a better shooter,which we need more then a SF like Woods. We already have Fox/George/Murray. There would be no room for Woods.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Perhaps Rush is simply the better player out of the two. Woods isn't nearly as good as everyone believes. Rush is just a great fit. He'll be one of the better rookies next year because of the position he is in.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Rush was the right descion. No matter if Woods becomes as good as TMac i still feel that LA made the best desicion because under Phils system w/ the Lakers Woods would never reach his potential because from day one he'd be assigned a role.

·
Registered
132 Posts
LA needs to try and rack up as many titles as they can as quickly as possible, with Shaq entering his 30s, and Rush helps them do that more then Woods. He was probably the right pick for that situation...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts