Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out why the Grizzlies traded for Person. Every time I see someone writing out a depth charge they show him as a backup at shooting guard. 7million a year is an awful lot to pay someone to come off the bench.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Its simple. Person can play well and contribute as a backup and all Nick Anderson could do was ride the pine. Plus, Person is only signed for one year and Nick Anderson was signed for three.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anderson only has one year left of his contract

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Oh yeah, you're right, but still I'd rather pay a contributor for two years than someone who does nothing for one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Also Person's shooting percentage was better than any guard we had. It was tough to score from the perimeter without shooters. Now when we dump it into Gasol, people won't be so quick to collapse on him, double and triple teaming him if it means leaving Person alone roaming the outside. As for Nick Anderson, I had high hopes for him. He just never seemed to be in shape. He seemed to have the 'flu' from about December through March. If I was the Cavs, I think I'd get him a flu shot before this season.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The OUTLAW</b>!
I'm trying to figure out why the Grizzlies traded for Person. Every time I see someone writing out a depth charge they show him as a backup at shooting guard. 7million a year is an awful lot to pay someone to come off the bench.

I don't think anyone is completely convinced that Mike Dickerson can come back and be the player he once was for 75+ games next season.

Given the circumstances I think having a guy who can step in at any given moment and be a starting 2 guard is more of a necessity than a luxury.

Edited by potatoeEdited by potatoe

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that the Cavs will release Nick Anderson before the season begins

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I also had high hopes for Anderson, but I was dissapointed when I would go to Grizzlie games to only see him sitting on the bench.:( At least Person will play:grinning: ! And he can shoot the lights out from three!:D Because I think that deep down all of us Grizzlie fans know J-Dub can't shoot the big shots;) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts