Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When discussing Malone with people, many exoress their hatred for him. Seeing as though he is closing in on Jabbar's all time scoring record, people seem to think he doesn't deserve it.

When I look at Malone, I see a guy that busted his backside for many, many years, improved his game, stayed focused and always, always played the game hard.

What's not to like about that? That he didn't do it for your team?

Anyway, be interested to hear your thoughts

Cheers
Brett

·
Registered
514 Posts
If he didnt do it for the team then why did he stick with the same team for his whole career. He does deserve it but settle down a little, just look at past records that were broke in other sports, none of them were accepted well until the fact. I mean I feel the same way about the possibility of Emmit Smith breaking Walter Paytons rushing record I dont want it to happen. So after he does break it, if he does, all the critics will ease up on him and acknowledge him for the great player he is.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
footballfreak

People dislike him for their own stupid reasons. "Hes a jackass." "He elbows people all the time."
]
Coming from a Jazz die-hard, the fact is Malone is a player who comes into camp every year in impeccable physical condition, works hard, and doesn't take crap from everybody. He has one of the best statistical careers in the history of the game and is the best power forward of all time, even if you consider Bill Russell a power forward. I hope he gets Jordan's record, and is traded to a contender to get his ring.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Many current NBA players suggest the Utah Jazz are a dirty team.

Karl Malone has been known to throw elbows when he is in the post and players like Shaq and Webber have said this in the public.

Other then that I cant think of anything else. Karl Malone might be the most uner-rated future hall of famer.

I allways hear Shaq possibly being the best C ever. I have never heard of Karl being the best PF ever.

2nd all time in NBA points eventually will be first unless injuries. Quite amazing this guy does not get the respect he deserves.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: footballfreak

Originally posted by footballfreak
People dislike him for their own stupid reasons. "Hes a jackass." "He elbows people all the time."
]
Coming from a Jazz die-hard, the fact is Malone is a player who comes into camp every year in impeccable physical condition, works hard, and doesn't take crap from everybody. He has one of the best statistical careers in the history of the game and is the best power forward of all time, even if you consider Bill Russell a power forward. I hope he gets Jordan's record, and is traded to a contender to get his ring.
I have always had a lot of time for Malone and never thought he got the credit he deserves from anyone but Utah fans.

Well, just so you know, there's a GS fan (a long suffering GS fan :mad: ) that would love to have the Mailman on his team.

He is an awesome player, one of the best and most consistent I have seen

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I like all his hard work for trying to win a championship as Scott Pedjet(sp?) said "It's not going in, it's not going in!" lol on the potential 3 pointer by John Stockton after he tried to dunk the ball in.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Malone is the BEST PF of all time,and for being damn near 40 the guy has the physique of a gladiator!

I DONT see how anyone can HATE on Malone?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I think he is thought of as "dirty" because he is always swinging his elbows and breaking noses.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I dislike Malone/Stockton because they are the dirtiest players in the game. I don't think they play the game it was meant to be played. I really feel Malone is out to intentionally hurt other players. He swings his arms like a wildman when he gets rebounds, with no decency or respect for opponents (or teammates) faces that may be nearby. Why exactly do you think Stockton to Malone works so well? It's because of the constant barage of elbows into the ribs while setting picks. They may be two legends, and I'll respect what they have accomplished, but some aspects of the way they play the game should not be praised.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well the main reason people don't like him is because he's a jackass, he throws elbows, and kicks you while he's shooting a jumper if you've ever noticed and I personally don't like him either but he is the best power forward in the history of the game I think he's proven that over time.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Karl is the greatest pf ever and a nice guy

Are you referring to the elbow he threw at Isiah Thomas in the early 90's

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
People say they are dirty because they flop and crap...which they do, i admit, but if it works for them, WHY DONT THE PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN EVER TRY IT?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!

Do you think they are dirtier than K-Martin, the king of flagrant fouls, just because people who are bitter that they can't get away with flopping like the Jazz do?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I say Karl Malone is dirty because he tries to hurt people, not because he flops. Vlade Divac is not a dirty player because he flops, he just makes himself look like an idiot. Flopping doesn't equal dirtiness, but hitting someone in the chops with an elbow does.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
sure why not?

No really, atleast Shaq is trying to do something productive by putting the ball in the hoop. The Mailman gets a rebound and it seems as if he just swings his elbows around for the heck of it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
And Malone isnt, Im pretty sure he is clearing his way to either score or make a pass. All good low post players do the same thing as Malone Elton Brand does it and do other people. He just has a bad rep because he is so good at what he does kind of like Barry Bonds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
nope

Karl Malone plays his position better than any other POWER forward in the league.. except Duncan.

I like Malone. Yeah he throws elbows.. and flops. But thats basketball. =)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts