Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
No really, atleast Shaq is trying to do something productive by putting the ball in the hoop. The Mailman gets a rebound and it seems as if he just swings his elbows around for the heck of it.

If it isnt part of basketball then why did you say it is ok for Shaq to do it because he is trying to do something productive.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I didn't say it was okay for Shaq to do it. I just was implying its less dirty since he is actually attempting to do something. Score points. Karl is swinging his elbows for no reason at all, except to possibly hit someone in the face...

(*NOTE* You didn't really quote me correctly. "sure why not?" was intended to be a sarcastic joke of sorts...No really was sort of a lead in to that sentence.)

·
Registered
514 Posts
So I mis quoted you a little, but throwing elbows is throwing elbows, if you hit your wife wether by accident or on purpose your are still hitting her. Like I said before Malone just has a bad rep so the elbows get magnified Im sure Shaq does it just as much but no body about him being a dirty player, I dont think either of them are dirty players.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I'm just going by what I've seen. And I've seen Malone break plenty of faces after grabbing a rebound. If that's not dirty, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
come on =)

When you play ball in the park or when you played for your highschool or University.. you didn't try to send a message with extra hard foul here or an elbow swing on a rebound?

Its dirty, but someone on the team has to send that message. And yes it is basketball. Otherwise were talking about the WNBA hehe.

I've gotten smacked in the face on a rebound... got pissed off. but its part of the game. =)

Anyways, karl isnt dirty per say. He will however throw his meat around to send a message. If its dirty...call the TEchnical. =)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Karl Malone...

I hate Karl Malone with a passion. And it's not because he didn't do it for my team, Lakers, Bulls. He is boring to watch, he is a hick, and he is just playing to break the record.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I like stockton, but Malone is dirty

I respect them both, especially Stockton, but Malone just seems like he thinks he is the shiznit.:cool:

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Please how many players did Malone injure? I know there is a website out there that has a long list of Malone incidents. He breaks noses, he hits you with his knee when driving to the basket...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
LMAO at bumping a thread that is 2 years old. :laugh:

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I dont like him much, but I would love him on the heat. Most dont like him cus he is dirty, but every team would love to have him. Sign with Miami, Karl. Feast on the east!

·
Banned
7,135 Posts
1. Going to the Lakers. Took a lot less money to, at least it seemed, give an unfair advantage to the Lakers.

2. Despite being the oldest player in the league, on the court he acts like the most immature player in the league. Constantly whining, throwing cheap shots, and trying to get into fights with people half his size.

·
Reverse Psychologist
2,553 Posts
Re: come on =)

People say he's the greatest power forward of all time and they're right. But he's also a *****. All of these comments about him being a dirty player are correct. There's no place in the NBA for machismo bull**** like this:

Originally posted by <b>cocopuffz</b>!
When you play ball in the park or when you played for your highschool or University.. you didn't try to send a message with extra hard foul here or an elbow swing on a rebound?

Its dirty, but someone on the team has to send that message. And yes it is basketball. Otherwise were talking about the WNBA hehe.

I've gotten smacked in the face on a rebound... got pissed off. but its part of the game. =)

Anyways, karl isnt dirty per say. He will however throw his meat around to send a message. If its dirty...call the TEchnical. =)
Right, its the law of the jungle.

AND, for a guy who seems so conservative, he's failed to play a role in his daughter's life. A deadbeat dad to boot.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
LMAO at bumping a thread that is 2 years old. :laugh:
What's wrong with that? It's still an appropriate discussion. Besides, sometimes people change their opinions and it's always nice to know why.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Another One of my FAVORITE Players (Sarcasm)

If the ages posted are true, most of you don’t remember the 80s-90s, but I do, so you probably can’t relate to what I’m saying. Karl Malone:

§ Is one of the dirtiest players to play the game, coupled with being arrogant and believing that he is entitled; however, a lot of the blame should be placed on the League for allowing him (and Stockton) to get away with it to promote their “stars” and the League at that time.

§ Malone sliced up the face of many players with his elbows and nothing measurable was ever done about it. He would especially do it to players whose game was better than his and got in his way of being the “star”, so that the Jazz could win. Most teams went into Utah knowing that if they played to win, someone would be cut up so a lot of them just gave them the game in order to avoid injury.

§ When penetrating to the basket, he ALWAYS led with his knee into the groin.

§ His jumpers ALWAYS included the spreading of his legs to kick the nearest player anywhere his feet landed, usually breaking a nose, in the stomach or the ribs.

§ One of the sports channels even showed a slow-mo of the dirty tactics of both he and Stockton. How, Stockton would hold a player’s hand to his body by using his own arms, giving the appearance of being held and it worked every time. (I couldn’t really blame Stockton because it was allowed FOR HIM, so why not. And besides, he was not intentionally injuring people, he had just perfected the art of dirty play.)

§ However, the killer for me was when Magic Johnson made an attempt to return to basketball after contracting HIV, Malone started a personal campaign against Magic’s return; publicly stating that he and many other players did not want to play with Magic. Years later, he explains it by saying that everyone was ignorant about the disease at the time. Maybe so, but he was never liked by other ballers and only had strong fan support in Utah (the known enemy of the Lakers) and should have not been the spokesperson, which angered many who believed that he was not speaking for other players, but for himself, and it led to Magic retiring again. Unforgiveable.

§ Now, after all of those years, he had the nerves to stoop so low as to actually play for the Lakers? I say he actually sabotaged the Lakers (bomb knee, half the season AND the playoffs? Yeah, right!) And, the Lakers? How desperate must one be to hire someone like Karl and “ensure” him a ring?

There cannot be a reward for Karl’s pass actions. And, personally, I don’t understand how anyone other than Utah fans like him. Even the year he won MVP, everyone said it was bogus and a sympathetic gesture.

Whew!!!! :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
ez. people dislike him because:

1. he injures people and destroys careers
2. ****ing phsycho
3. dirty piece of ****

and then he goes on playoff tv and whines about his mama drying trying to win our love for him and to forgive for his homicides.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts