Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can understand if you hate a team, thus hate its players...(i used to hate the lakers' shaq) but shaq the person SEEMS to be a nice guy. he always gives to charity wherever he goes, and he seems so genuine about it. he is always there playing and clowning with the kids...even his arrogance seems to be more for show and not to be taken too seriously. most players in the league seem to like and respect him...he has only had major problems with 2 teammates that i recall (it can be argued it was more the other person's doing). ppl say he isn't motivated, but you don't get a masters degree...especially as an nba player, if you aren't motivated. he made his shoes cheap so almost anyone can buy them (during the time ppl were getting killed for sneakers). and to me, from what i see, he seems like that dude u would love to hang around because he always says some crazy stuff to crack you up. well, just wondering. because i felt that since shaq left LA, a lot of ppl would have been converted (like myself) but it seems as though many still hate him.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
duncan2k5 said:
i can understand if you hate a team, thus hate its players...(i used to hate the lakers' shaq) but shaq the person SEEMS to be a nice guy. he always gives to charity wherever he goes, and he seems so genuine about it. he is always there playing and clowning with the kids...even his arrogance seems to be more for show and not to be taken too seriously. most players in the league seem to like and respect him...he has only had major problems with 2 teammates that i recall (it can be argued it was more the other person's doing). ppl say he isn't motivated, but you don't get a masters degree...especially as an nba player, if you aren't motivated. he made his shoes cheap so almost anyone can buy them (during the time ppl were getting killed for sneakers). and to me, from what i see, he seems like that dude u would love to hang around because he always says some crazy stuff to crack you up. well, just wondering. because i felt that since shaq left LA, a lot of ppl would have been converted (like myself) but it seems as though many still hate him.
i dont hate him.
i usually hate people w/ a complacent or cocky attitude, but i like shaq b/c he aint complacent and his cockiness is funny.
he seems like a great guy to hang out with.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
reasons to dislike shaq -

doesn't stay in great shape
hasn't improved parts of his game that he should have (ft's??)
doesn't give credit to opponents
is very cocky and talks alot of smack
ditched orlando for la
asked to be traded from la

reasons to like shaq:

he's one of the best players ever
he's won
he can be funny
he can seem real
seems to have fun
talks alot of smack and talks alot
hates kobe

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
There r some ppl called Kobe fans

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Reasons why I used to hate him (before he joined my favorite team---Heat):

1. FAT
2. Superficially speaking, a lot of times he just overpowers and dunks over people= no skills.
3. Loser can't shoot free-throws (which reinforced #2)
4. Then I realized he actually has skills/footwork, which made me hate him even more.
5. Other teams simply had no answer for him (though the same could be said for Kobe)
6. He looked annoying

but meh, then he got traded to the Heat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.