Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should it matter to the basketball franchise or to us, fans, that Telfair is little bit ghetto to represent the future of a club?
Many times I remember how I watched blazer commercial (about meeting the community)out in the city, I see Telfair with his New York old school clothes, just like from Coming to America, when Eddie Murphy wanted to look like New Yorkers. I'll take Blake wearing a coat anytime.

If McMillan
wants to work only with 2 point guards. I pick Jack and Blake.

· Registered
2,250 Posts
goglik said:
...Telfair is little bit ghetto to represent the future of a club?
Besides the fact that "ghetto" is not a very pc thing to say, I don't think Telfair is very "ghetto." Did you see Through The Fire? Yes his family lived in the projects, but they are not "ghetto."

Many times I remember how I watched blazer commercial (about meeting the community)out in the city, I see Telfair with his New York old school clothes, just like from Coming to America, when Eddie Murphy wanted to look like New Yorkers. I'll take Blake wearing a coat anytime.
Good Morning!!

· Registered
7,812 Posts
Or we could simply dress Telfair up in a suit... :whoknows:

To extrapolate your idea a bit though..does this mean Zach and his hip-hop style have to go? Or Darius and his style? Telfair certainly isn't the only one...

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont encourage hip hop, but Zach is still my favourite player. IF you look at our roster, there are 2 people which standout, Telfair and Miles. Who both I dont like that much. Everybody else are cool. I just don't really don't like Telfair style, he is too rappy looking.

· Sincerely, Derrick Rose
2,998 Posts
goglik said:
I dont encourage hip hop, but Zach is still my favourite player. IF you look at our roster, there are 2 people which standout, Telfair and Miles. Who both I dont like that much. Everybody else are cool. I just don't really don't like Telfair style, he is too rappy looking.
David Stern, is that you?

· Registered
526 Posts
goglik said:
Should it matter to the basketball franchise or to us, fans, that Telfair is little bit ghetto to represent the future of a club?

If McMillan
Wow, I don't even know where to start... actually nevermind... this post is not worth the trouble.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
goglik said:
When did Telfair become a "little bit ghetto"?

If McMillan
seems to a very narrow minded reason to pass on telfair.

If anything, Telfair epitomizes whats good about having someone on the team. Someone that the "ghetto" kids can look up to as someone who doesn't do drugs, doesn't play around, and worked hard to get his dream (the right way).

· Registered
852 Posts
back to the title of the thread

we need telfair and blake.....but for different reasons...we need blake to teach jarret jack

i have changed the way i am approaching this team....i think telfair and jack is our future 1 and 2 with Martell playin the 3

Telfair is a scorer and is slowly but surely figuring it out......once he becomes a consistent jump shooter (which he is gettin damn better at every day) he will be unstoppable one on one

with a J and when the game slows down for him, bassy will be just fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.