Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was to evaluate the skill of Crawford, Hassell, Baxter, and Mason in the event that a good offer comes their way for one or more of these players. At that might be part of his motivation for being here, but I'd say he's also here, because this is where the action is. The action is no longer in making moves in free-agency (although I'm sure he's still doing his homework on who's available and for how much, or is he?) but rather in seeing the seeds of success mature in and grow before his very eyes. Yes, I think Krause is here because after watching so many years of bad Bulls basketball, he's actually finally able to sit back at a team he build entirely[/] on his own (you're remember that he did not draft Jordan) and that has prehaps more ladent potential on board than any team in NBA history. Now I"m not saying that this potential is worth diddly squat just yet, but I maintain that watching a team come into being is actually better entertainment than watching one that has finally matured (ala Lakers, or former Bulls dynasty (although watching jordan sort of breaks this rule)). The vision of what could be dances before my eyes and every one else in the Bulls organization who are aware enough to see it. There's something special happening with the Bulls, and today was in many ways it's first time to shine. True, there were rookie mistakes from Jay and Mason (although absolutely none from Baxter. guy is solid), and there were lots of rookie mistakes from Chandler and Curry. But seeing those two work together on defense. SEeing those two run the floor together. Oh man. Jay, you can tell is a bit wide eyed. He's looking at the size of these bigmen in the game and hesitating for just one second too long. But he's also passing out to wide open wing, players, and in some cases making nice dishes underneath. But no the whole he's still rubbing the crust out of his eyes.

Ah, I'm straying off topic... The top reason why I think Krause is here to watch these games is to in some sense gloat. He's watching his team take on the competition, and you can tell after today's game he felt good. He stayed seated following the buzzer, he spoke with his scout or someone next to him for a bit. Got out of his chair slowly, adjusted his pants about 10 times, and then slowly ambled out of the arena. It seemed to me that he was basking in the moment. Even if it is a summer game, I'm telling you folks, he's loving every moment of it. at least for today's game. :)

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I would bet that Krause is also scouting players on other teams. The Summer league games are about as good a chance as GM's get to scout NBA hopefuls that have some sort of pedigree. Have you noticed if JK is watching ALL of the games? Or only the Bulls games? Also, is he taking notes? Is the person sitting next to him taking notes? Krause is probably one of THE best scouts in the business, I would find it hard to believe that he wasn't plying his favorite trade in an environement so ripe for it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by ace20004u
I would bet that Krause is also scouting players on other teams. The Summer league games are about as good a chance as GM's get to scout NBA hopefuls that have some sort of pedigree. Have you noticed if JK is watching ALL of the games? Or only the Bulls games? Also, is he taking notes? Is the person sitting next to him taking notes? Krause is probably one of THE best scouts in the business, I would find it hard to believe that he wasn't plying his favorite trade in an environement so ripe for it.
i think he does watch other games, but he doesn't take notes in any physical fashion. perhaps mental notes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What are the concessions stands like? I have a hunch.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by settinUpShop
Got out of his chair slowly, adjusted his pants about 10 times, and then slowly ambled out of the arena.
This made me laugh really hard. Thanks!

I bet he's there scouting as well as watching. Plus - he has to decide the fates of Baxter and mason so he might as well watch them as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts