Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why do Chandler and Pax get a pass?

All I hear is this back problem is a result of not preparing for the season correctly.

All I hear is Eddy is a fat lazy stiff but Chandler has played 10 games. Tyson did not prepare himself for the season and is trying to strength the back now. Plus he says this not the first time this has happen therefore he was aware of the problem.

Therefore Chandler is a lazy trifling young man who is stealing. I wish we had drafted Gasol and Battier. :).
joke

But the truth is winning and losing is a team thing and we belame one or two players to often.

Gills has had games where he was awful, JYD could not hit a ft the other night. Davis could not hit a layup another night.

Paxton should never have signed Pip back and we could have gotten Posey instead.

Pax should have fired Bill over the summer and gave the team a better chance to succeed.

He allowed the players too much freedom in their workout routine. Now Pax is talking about doing a Krause and forcing them to work at the Berto Center. This whole season has become meaningless. The Bulls are the Eastern Conference Clippers.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nobull1</b>!
All I hear is this back problem is a result of not preparing for the season correctly.

All I hear is Eddy is a fat lazy stiff but Chandler has played 10 games. Tyson did not prepare himself for the season and is trying to strength the back now. Plus he says this not the first time this has happen therefore he was aware of the problem.

Therefore Chandler is a lazy trifling young man who is stealing. I wish we had drafted Gasol and Battier. :).
joke

But the truth is winning and losing is a team thing and we belame one or two players to often.

Gills has had games where is awful, JYD could not hit a ft the other night.

Paxton should never have signed Pip back and we could have gotten Posey instead.

Pax should have fired Bill over the summer and gave the team a better chance to succeed.

He allowed the players too much freedom in their workout routine. Now Pax is talking about doing a Krause and forcing them to work at the Berto Center. This whole season has become meaningless. The Bulls are the Eastern Conference Clippers.
Nobull, i agree 100% with you. But the let record show that you said these things and I didnt. You might lynched for saying these things. If you bashed Kirk in this post, id hire protection. But your going to get alot of heat for taking a shot at Pax and Chandler, They 2 of the 4 uncritzaBULLs on this board (pax, chand, hinrich, skiles). Fair warning has been given. Now I am giving you a 5 for telling the truth

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Say what you will about Eddy, but he's at least out there, taking his lumps. When you're a young player you need as much time on the court as you can get. And even if he's not always playing great, Eddy is getting that. Tyson is not.

Anyone seen Marcus Camby's body these days? Until Tyson bulks up to that he's going to be in and out like Marcus was in his younger days.

I think people underrate what a big deal it is for Chandler to be out with these injuries for so long. Even though Eddy has been criticized, he is at least out there with the guys being part of the team. You can't do that on the injured list.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Say what you will about Eddy, but he's at least out there, taking his lumps. When you're a young player you need as much time on the court as you can get. And even if he's not always playing great, Eddy is getting that. Tyson is not.

Anyone seen Marcus Camby's body these days? Until Tyson bulks up to that he's going to be in and out like Marcus was in his younger days.

I think people underrate what a big deal it is for Chandler to be out with these injuries for so long. Even though Eddy has been criticized, he is at least out there with the guys being part of the team. You can't do that on the injured list.
Yeah the Camby comparisons are looming. But then again, he could be like a Keon Clark type (except better), or at his best, he could end up like Mutombo. Consider Dikembe, 2nd season in Denver:

13.8, 13 rpg, 3.5 bpg in 36.9 mpg.

Tyson this season (playing on a sore back):

13, 10.3 rpg, 1.3 bpg in 28.6 mpg.

Chandler will need to put on about 20 lbs in the next three years, which is possible if he gets on a real hardcore bulk-up routine (Jared Jeffries supposedly put on 20 lbs. muscle between NCAA tourney and the pre-draft combine... Kobe puts on 10-15 every summer and his offseason doesn't usually start till pretty late).

And even though Ty's # only show up to be 1.3 per game, if he gets the minutes and settles into the defense, I have no doubt that he can block 2.25 a game or more.

A healthy Camby in NY (healthy = 63 games.. hah) was 12 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 1 spg and 2.16 bpg.

Camby didn't have the length of Mutombo, but he was a decent impersonation as well. His defense has always been his thing; I remember him matching up against Tim Duncan and being one of the only guys in all of college basketball that could match up well one-on-one with TD.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Tyson clearly worked over the summer just not on the right things. His jump shot looked much, much better and his free throw shooting reflected that. He doesn't leave his feet on defense as much and he gets better positioning on his rebounding.

He just forgot to hit the weights.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I brought up Tyson getting way way too much praise on this board before. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some praise for what he did in a few games, but it was a few games and we lost most of them. As far as Paxson's decision, it's too early at least in my mind to judge him. Heck, I still think it's too early to judge a lot of Krause's moves.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I agree with Lizzy. And IMO Tyson will become a very good shooter from 15-17 out in this league. Count on it.

Per the whole weightlifting advise, I'll offer mine ;) Tyson needs to work on his legs and abs more. Most recurring back problems occur because of a weak midsection and/or legs (especially hamstrings for that matter). It doesn't surprise me that he had a calf problem recently b/c his legs needs lots of work.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think Chandler gets a pass because he was playing with so much intensity at the beginning of the year.

Pax gets one because he drafted Hinrich and provided us with "No Excuses," the basis for all of the exuberant blaming this season.

I think it's hard to blame Chandler for the way the season's gone because he's been hurt - injuries happen, at least in my mind, whether they might have been prevented with more weight-lifting or not. It's hard to say that it's his fault he's been hurt - lots of tall thin guys get hurt in the NBA.

I think Pax made some bonehead moves, but only in retrospect. At the time I applauded the signing of Pippen and Gill. Although GB's post about the Toronto trade makes Pax look SO stupid if it's true. In which case I blame him for really screwing us.

JMO.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
When is Chandler back in court?

Im not following Bulls forum that much and probably somebody has asked it somewhere, but I dont wanna make new thread, so I'll ask here.

When is Chandler coming back? Somewhere I heard in late January, could it be end of the next week?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Re: When is Chandler back in court?

Originally posted by <b>Zalgirinis</b>!
Im not following Bulls forum that much and probably somebody has asked it somewhere, but I dont wanna make new thread, so I'll ask here.

When is Chandler coming back? Somewhere I heard in late January, could it be end of the next week?
we do not really know for sure.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
pax gets a pass, imo because he inherited this mess. Next season we should be able to see if any of his moves have been for the good. Pippen? Sure better sf out there, but he was symbolic healing gesture and a assistant coach on the court. Trouble is, he has not played. But in defense of Pax we really never needed Pipp. We had Rose, Marshall at SF. We were suppose to make the playoffs, WITHOUT pippen.

Chandler deserves his part of the blame. He worked on some aspects of his game, but not everything.

Crawford ditto

Curry double ditto.

Rose? You tell me.

Marshall? Was he ready to start the season? I don't know. He is playing well now.

Players deserve blame. Chandler was 13-10 and almost 2 blocks a game dispite his poor conditioning. Curry is good for 10-13pts and almost 6 boards in 2025 minutes with poor conditioning. Crawford seems to be content with 40% career shooting. Seems more razzle dazzled than shooting pct. This summer if all three work on their game and body the way it is suppose to be, then we should see the players they are suppose to be. All three robbed us of a year! We will be one year behind!!

This is not pax, fault, yet.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
pax gets a pass, imo because he inherited this mess. ..

All three robbed us of a year! We will be one year behind!!

This is not pax, fault, yet.
Jamal did that for the second time. The first time was when he got
injured playing with MJ, despite a lot of warnings from JK. So we ended playing without true PG, which was hurting us for the first- half of that season and also effected JK decision to trade RA and BM.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
IMO the problem with tyson back is due to the fact he was still growing when he was drafted and started playing for the bulls. He grew about an inch during his first year or so.

Second, i would like to remind everyone that the same things said on this broad were said about scotty pippen. Lets not forget he had back surgery and missed most of one season. After he came back he seemed to have a dicent career.

third, what should he have been done in the off season to strength his back to prevent an injury. His injury to his back was likely to to much work and and not to little or the wrong kind.

david

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
While I am with you all, and feel everyone in the organizatioin short of (uggh, I'll say it) Hinrich and obviously Skiles, deserves alot of blame.

Reinsdorf - waited to long to get rid of Krause, leaving little time for Paxson to get into the new job and settle in prior to a very important draft.

Paxson - Didn't listen to his scouts and made a poor trade with Toronto, should've at least gotten Mo Pete included. Gave away Mason, Jr. for a Brick. The signing of Pippen was not neccessary and he should've gotten some like Veshon Lenard. Could've traded Donyell + our pick for Lamond Murray and #4 pick to grab Dwayne Wade who he really wanted. That he got Hinrich is almost secondary.

Jay Williams - Made the biggest and most costly mistake of his life. Bad choices are a fact of life. You just pray you have the opportunity to make amends and grow from them. Jay is praying a normal life and basketball are still possible.

Jamal Crawford - everybody's lightening rod for blame, he worked on his game, but not the right aspects of it. Did he get any directioin from the Bulls on specifics? I don't know, but I feel very confident that Skiles, Paxson and the organizatiion will be very specific with him if he remains a Bull.

Eddy Curry - You can't teach heart and desire. After that, you really have to work a guy like this unmercifully. Talent and size are not enough and Eddy has proven that. He got hurt twice, slowing any real progress.

Tyson Chandler - Should've been hitting the weights more. He is challenging E-Rob for the Brittle Man award. Esophagus porblems lead to less work outs, lead to less muscle, lead to back injury...leads to no PT and contribution.

Rose - Didn't show any growth.

Marshall - came out slow as well.

After that, it almost doesn't matter. The rest are not difference makers for us or any other team.

This off-season everyone from top to bottom has to pick it up tremendously. If not, burn it down. Get rid of Pax and bring in who should've been hired - B.J. Armstrong. Let Skiles torture the team, till it breaks, then bring in some rehashed vet coach to patch it all up and lead them for the next 10 years (i.e. - Jerry Sloan).

What a mess...is it the off-season yet?

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
I don't know if anyone here really knows if Tyson worked out enough over the offseason. I think some people are forgetting about his esophagitis. So, considering he couldn't eat for such a long time, he actually lost 10-15 pounds that he had to try to put back on by the beginning of this season. He did put that weight back on successfully. Maybe that's as far as he could take it this offseason.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
From the way Tyson played on the court this season even with back pain, I wouldn't think he loafed in the off season.

But then again we did trade the teams hardest worker to get a teenage Tyson so he has alot to live up to in my book.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
People have the right to be critical of Chandler, but what the majority of us don't know is how much did the condition Chandler had with his throat (don't know the exact name) have on Chandler's offseason? This could have been a major problem. I know the condition meant Chandler had trouble swallowing. If you are going to do any weight training, you need to eat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts