Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He always seems to put up nice numbers in a few minutes, then gets taken off for an unnecessarily long time. He's almost 21/10 per 40 minutes, has the second-highest fg% in the league (behind Shaq), and gets to the line a lot. And his rebounding isn't terrible. I know he is a bit of a black hole, turns it over a lot, and is foul prone, but it happens even when he's not in foul trouble. Is his stamina that poor?

Also, it seems that every time I see Jackie Butler get minutes, he does pretty well. What do you think of him?

·
Registered
981 Posts
ReYou need to see Butler more...

Half the time he isn't ready to play and gives little effort. No question he has some skills but he is Jekyll and Hyde with his effort. He is also just about 6'8 or nine despite what they claim. Check it out when he stands next to other players.

Curry is also inconsistent with his effort but I think that relates more to the guys around him than just his own effort. How can a guy that shoots 60% not touch the ball at LEAST every other time down the court? That is a failure of the rest of the team and particularly the guards. He should get 15 shots a game. That would translate into 22+ and prolly 10 boards. His passing better would be a neccessity, though (just as you noted). I would not call him a black hole......just not an educated passer. He is far from the problem. Our main problem is the backcourt and lack of leadership...at all levels.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Johny English said:
I always thought it was because he was out of shape.
You thought wrong...

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
FullMetalAlchemist said:
Few minutes is due to the lack of effort and foul trouble.
Last game against he Sixers he put up 14/6 in just 19 minutes, going 4-5 from the field. He only had 2 fouls.
A couple of games before that, he had 20 and 8 in 24 minutes. Again, only 2 fouls.
You'd think that with the season almost over, Brown would give him lots of playing time to help with his development.

Was/is Butler expected to turn into a good player? I don't remember ever hearing anything about him, but I recall my brother telling me a while back that when you guys first got him he was so raw that he could have been bleeding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.