Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant help but notice how everyone clowns on Damon, and seem to name him as the player they would most want to get rid of on the Blazer roster...

Ive always been a fan, since Toronto, i've liked the way he runs the court.

So ok, i just want to hear why everybody seems to be so down on the kid (BASKETBALL reasons people, forget about the weed and whatnot). You cant honestly tell me his numbers havent been big since he quit smoking...

AND, honestly, could we even possibly deal him for a better PG? I mean realistically, who would we get in return? Thats the main question of this post.

My thoughts are we should keep Dame, but im open to what you think.

Peace :yes:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Seriously any PG would be better than Damon, once outta every 10 games Damon does well. Id rather have a subtle pg like Robert Pack or anyone u wanna name than Damon. He's terrible, he may be the worst player to have on your roster, he has skills but his production hurts the team tremendously. Im a pretty drunk right now so excuse my hatred, but seriously, I hate the guy for ruining our team.

·
Registered
539 Posts
The simple version:

If there ever was a team in the league that needed a solid point that could be a leader on the floor and actually run the offense, this team is it.

Damon doesn't come close to fitting that description. I don't care what anyone says, running the shot clock down under 10 seconds on every possession before even starting to set up a play is NOT how you run an offense.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
I wouldn't call it hate, but...............

I think that Damon isn't a good fit in Portland. He is a defensive liability; he dribbles way too much instead of finding the scorer in the post (Randolph or Wallace). He was a scoring point guard in Toronto which was fine and he had many a stellar game there. His job here in Portland is to dump the ball to the scorer and he is either unable to or unwilling to do this task much of the time. When he does he has a great night and the game flows much better, when he doesn’t well you get the picture.

He is quick and gives some point guards trouble, but most post him up and there really isn’t anything that Damon can do. Simply put he is an offensive player not a defensive player. Like said in another post here, he does have a good game every once in awhile, but for the most part there are quite a few point guards that would be better suited to play point for Portland than Damon Stoudamire.

Plan and simple he just isn’t a good fit in Portland and he really is dead weight with his overpriced contract. Do you really think that if he was worth all that cabbage that it would be all that hard to move him?

Robert Pack might be older, but a Robert Pack player is what this team needs, a pass first point man. :yes:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HOWIE</b>!
I wouldn't call it hate, but...............
I DO! Seriously, he has ruined this team, we would be a pretty good team if we had a decent PG, thats the most important position on the basketball court when you think about it. Damon is the worst player to have on your team and its because of him the Blazers haven't been winners for a long time.

·
Registered
762 Posts
He's all about himself which is a horrible quality for a PG. He's about as smart as a box of rocks, another horrible quality for a PG. He can't make an entry pass so he dribbles around the perimeter hoping for a golden opportunity to arise, when it doesn't he jacks up a bad shot or forces someone else to. He's not only a bad defender, but he puts an extra strain on his teammates who know they to be hypervigilante about helping him on defense. In short (pun intended) he's painful to watch!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I'll offer up that it's because he is PG of the Blazers.

Portland Fans haven't been happy about the PG position since Terry Porter left.

That said, who can blame us.

BTW ANyone who thinks Damon is the absolute worst PG in the NBA is off their rocker.

I offer up Tyrone Lue.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Originally posted by <b>antibody</b>!
Damon just gets killed when going up against the good western conference teams. Bibby, Payton, Parker, and Cassell just light him up. I wouldn't say he is the worst PG in the NBA but he is nowhere near the top.
I had to laugh last season when the Utah Jazz had Stockton posting up Stoudamire everytime down the court. It was painful to watch as a Blazer fan, but funny as a basketball fan! :D

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Defense is without a doubt his biggest liability...

I know, and i agree with that.

But i just dont think we could deal him for a "better" PG. Tyron Lue is absoultely out of the question (to whoever said that..).

Haha. Not a chance if i was GM. But thats what im getting at...Tyronn caliber players is all we could get.

:cry:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.