Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did he do seriously.I dont get it.Every magazine or paper and sports critic and coaches compare him to jordan and they say Jordan passed the torch to him.Hes won already 3 titles at 23.Can take over games whenever he wants.Hes an amazing player who is the youngest player to win three titles in the nba.He scored more ponits in highschool then Wilt Chamberlain.Hes becoming one of the greatest but yet noone gives him any credit for anything.
Everyone thinks hes overrated.Geez hes worked so hard to get here and deserves evry bit if success hes had.
hes the only player in teh nba right now who could take over 4th quarters like if the team is down like 10 points.
Hes an amzing talented player but noone gives him any respect.

Seriously whats so bad about kobe?

Obviously I know all the other fans of other teams hate him cause they want him on their team and they are jealous that we have him.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The thing they hate most about him is that he wins...but I have heard many people say he is a "wannabe-arrogant-cocky..etc"

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
jealousy, envy, hateritis....

Jordan had his "critics" too. I'll never understand these types of people.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Like you said every magazine, analyst (you know people that KNOW basketball) like him and fans of teams that he continues to beat hate him. Not that hard to figure it out.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
What is a Kobe hater? Am I a Kobe hater if I don't think he is a top 5 player?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Haters, as I understand it, are the ones who show "clutch posting" ability every time Kobe misses a potential gamewinner (even Mike did that at least half the time he attempted), has an occasional bad game or gets into altercation like he did with Reggie last year but the same posters fail to show up to give him props every time Kobe hits a gamewinner, has a great game or does something amazing on and off court.

Now tell me if you're a Kobe hater.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
it's definitely not jealousy or envy for me. i'm not all that fond of kobe, but i'm not jealous. i have jason kidd on my team. :)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
That's fine. That's <b>your</b> opinion, an <b>uncommon</b> one and I can respect that. We will see if you have that *clutch posting* ability in you next year, won't we ?

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I guess so, but I was here to gloat when Kobe missed a clutch shot in Game 5 and I have been here to defend the Kings all offseason, but at the same time I give credit where credit is due....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Originally posted by KC
I guess so, but I was here to gloat when Kobe missed a clutch shot in Game 5 and I have been here to defend the Kings all offseason, but at the same time I give credit where credit is due....
I wouldn't necessarily say that, but your dedication is admirable;)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by KC

Kobe is definately Top 5 material, and I'm pretty sure that Jordan missed an important shot somewhere in his career.

I think that KC is just a Laker hater because he is all over bashing Shaq and Kobe and the Lakers.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by Prico
KC what players do you rank higher than Kobe?
Tracy McGrady
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter
Shaquille O'Neal

All of these players are higher IMO.....

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Originally posted by hOnDo

Kobe is definately Top 5 material, and I'm pretty sure that Jordan missed an important shot somewhere in his career.

I think that KC is just a Laker hater because he is all over bashing Shaq and Kobe and the Lakers.
Please, you are not a psychiatrist and you don't even know me. Don't try and analyse why I am what I am or why I think the way I think....

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by KC

Please, you are not a psychiatrist and you don't even know me. Don't try and analyse why I am what I am or why I think the way I think....
HAHA i dont have to try, I've seen your posts in a bunch of threads and they have all been negative towards the lakers and kobe & shaq.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by KC

Tracy McGrady
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett
Jason Kidd
Vince Carter
Shaquille O'Neal

All of these players are higher IMO.....

What does Vince do better than Kobe?? And please dont use the stupid excuse that "kobe and shaq, vince does it alone".

·
Registered
37 Posts
No Kings on your list KC

All the players on your list are excellent but I'll stick with Kobe & Shaq & that is my opinion.

Kobe is a very instrumental piece to the Lakers puzzle, he has three world championships in which he has played a vital part.

anyone who is ever seen Kobe play knows he is the toughest player with the chips on the table.

Kobe has intangibles which go beyond just skill, he has heart, he has the killer instinct and he has a competitive drive that keeps him motivated.

I don't care what other people think of Kobe, I think Kobe is an absolutely fantastic player and the most exciting player to watch game in an game out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I totally agree with you prico.Tracy,vince etc dont have half the talen or skill that kobe does.
I dont see tracy or vince ever being compared to mj or getting as much praise and attention as Kobe.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
No Kings on your list KC

All the players on your list are excellent but I'll stick with Kobe & Shaq & that is my opinion.

Kobe is a very instrumental piece to the Lakers puzzle, he has three world championships in which he has played a vital part.

anyone who is ever seen Kobe play knows he is the toughest player with the chips on the table.

Kobe has intangibles which go beyond just skill, he has heart, he has the killer instinct and he has a competitive drive that keeps him motivated.

I don't care what other people think of Kobe, I think Kobe is an absolutely fantastic player and the most exciting player to watch game in an game out.

I respect your opinion as well. I'm glad some people in here can actually discuss things in a civil manner instead of just blurting out their meaningless banter....

1 - 20 of 217 Posts