Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a laker fan at all but live in LA and have seen some of the crap he has done or i should say has NOT done. Im not even going to put the shaq trade in this cause it was not him that did it he was forced to.

Lets take a look at his drafts.
2002: Kareem Rush, It was a OK pick but someone like Boozer would have been better. I no people had question about him coming out of college and other teams pasted on him but a team like the lakers coming off wining a champ ship and needing role players you get a guy like him.

2003:Brian Cook and Walton thats all i have to say.

2004:Sasha Vujacic and that BUM in the 2nd round. Vujacic is the only one left and its kind of to early to say.

The FA he has failed to bring in or has brought in.

He didn't bring in GP and Malone shaq and Magic did that for him. Everyone else he has bring in has done CRAP. and he has missed out on local Cheap FA that would have helped the lakers. Matt Barnes,DerMarr Johnson(was playing in the ABA out here in LA). How do the clippers bring in cheap player right before the season or durning the season but cupcake can't??

Jim Jackson as a free agent is ignored and the rival Kings snatch him up

And the Boston trade this off season. what a idiot. Im not saying Marcus Banks is the next great PG, but if he is not in the deal y do the trade at all?? or work something out where you can get him

He and Phil Jackson couldn't get Shaq to take off-season conditioning and training seriously.

He wasn't able to get a quality three-point shooter while Shaq was in L.A.

He doesn't pick up Devean George's option and ends up giving him the full MLE the next season.

After a season in which Fisher only played 20 games and the rest of the Lakers backcourt was applying for AARP membership or too young to buy alcohol he missed out Tony Parker, Gilbert Arenas, Earl Watson, and Bobby Simmons. They didn't have a pick that season, but he probably could have pulled off a trade to get one.

This is just some of the things he has done. laker fans tell me y this man still has a job??

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Lakers board?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Maybe he was looking good riding Jerry West' jock for X amount of years. Now his draft picks and trades look pretty bad.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Because Jerry Buss has as much if not more to do with those moves than Mitch does, but i agree, Mitch is terrible. We need the logo back.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Bum in the 2nd round? The Lakers had like the 56th pick...what the hell do you expect?

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
He'll be fired by the 06 deadline if the Lakers aren't a top 5 Western team, or close to one. At worst he needs to significantly upgrade the 1 or 4 this summer, either via lottery pick or trade (I'm guessing lottery for the PG and trade for the PF). Unless Jerry Buss suddenly turns into Donald Sterling, Kupchak won't have a job if the roster isn't considerably improved by deadline 06 (and more likely, by the end of this summer). Though, perhaps Phil Jackson comes back and is given shadow GM powers again, with Kupchak keeping the "GM" title but actually having no real GM powers.

FYI, this should be moved to the Laker board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts