Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been going on for some while now. It took me some time to realize the pattern...Twolves always start slowly and usually trail with 5-15 pts at the end of the 1st quarter. They really pick it up in the secondf half, and as far as I know they just aout all the time outscore their opponents in the 4th quarter...why can´t they come out and put on their game in the 1st quarter...any reasons, or is it just coincidence?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The thing about that that's really odd is that for the first part of the season, we would always have a huge lead in the 1st quarter. But now recently, it's been the exact opposite. In the first few months of the season, we'd get out to a 10-20 point lead in the 1st or 2nd quarter, but then the other team would get back in it at the end of the 2nd and beginning of the 3rd. I really don't know why it's happened, I can just hope that as we get healthy, we can sustain good play for the whole game.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well, does it really matter? As long as the T-Wolves finish their games strong, then it's all good! But it's true, they should try to maintain a 48 minute performance so they won't end up losing some winnable games!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Omitting the game vs Memphis yesterday, the team is the best team in NBA during the 4th quarter. That is when Sammy and KG (Mostly Sammy) come out the best. That is why I don't usually worry in 1st half whether they are behind or not. It will begin around late into 4th quarter, that is when my worrying appeared into my mind.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regardless of how well they perform in the 4th quarter it is still not a pleasant thing to be trailing half of the time...you can´t expect KG and Cassell to get hot every 4th quarter...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SilentOneX</b>!
Omitting the game vs Memphis yesterday, the team is the best team in NBA during the 4th quarter. That is when Sammy and KG (Mostly Sammy) come out the best. That is why I don't usually worry in 1st half whether they are behind or not. It will begin around late into 4th quarter, that is when my worrying appeared into my mind.
Actually I wouldn't say it's mostly Sammy. Sam makes more shots because alot of times he just comes down off the inbounds pass and makes a shot before other guys get to touch the ball. KG makes all the big shots that Sammy doesn't take, plus he gets big rebounds and defensive plays.

Originally posted by <b>panthera_pardus</b>!
Regardless of how well they perform in the 4th quarter it is still not a pleasant thing to be trailing half of the time...you can´t expect KG and Cassell to get hot every 4th quarter...
At this point from a fans perspective I wouldn't say it's not a pleasant thing, because I get to watch alot of great close games where the wolves usually win. But pretty soon I'm sure we'll start losing more of those close game, so hopefully we can try to put bad teams away earlier instead of letting them stick around and pulling it out in the last few minutes.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Sometimes it just doesn't work like yesterday. Usually if we're up by 4 or 5, we score again to make it 6 or 7 instead of going backwards. And if you have Sam guarding a forward and Madsen missing the shot you'd think he'd want and would actually make.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Actually I wouldn't say it's mostly Sammy. Sam makes more shots because alot of times he just comes down off the inbounds pass and makes a shot before other guys get to touch the ball. KG makes all the big shots that Sammy doesn't take, plus he gets big rebounds and defensive plays."

I completely agree. Cassell does stuff you notice. KG does the stuff you notice and the ones you don´t (rebounds, blocks, like the one he had on Gasol late 4th...)

"At this point from a fans perspective I wouldn't say it's not a pleasant thing, because I get to watch alot of great close games where the wolves usually win. But pretty soon I'm sure we'll start losing more of those close game, so hopefully we can try to put bad teams away earlier instead of letting them stick around and pulling it out in the last few minutes"

i completely disagree. By the word "fan", if you meant Twolves fan, then it definitely is NOT a pleasant thing. Yes it makes it more exciting, but you know how much stress I get watching the match...I feel as if I´m going to have a heart attack...and especially after you loose a close one (i.e. Memphis game) it gives me a bitter feeling(I´m sure all Twolves fans feel the way I do) and you must not forget these are important games. 2nd spot, 3rd spot, and 4th spot makes a lot of difference when it comes play-off time. I really think we have a good chance this year, and I don´t want careless(or unfortunate) mistakes ruining this....KG ought to get MVP + a ring this year...

P.S. Did anyone realize that we really went down went KG came off the field at end of 3rd quarter and Memphis suddenly increased their lead to 6-8pts...I am wondering whether Flip should be more apprehensive about bringing KG out of the gime when it is so tight...

P.S. #2 Did anybody see james Posey pull down Madsen´s jersey or was I just hallucinating? Man Madsen should have dunked that!!!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
P.S. #2 Did anybody see james Posey pull down Madsen´s jersey or was I just hallucinating? Man Madsen should have dunked that!!!
I don't think I saw that. I didn't look closely because they lost and my eyes were off the TV right away.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I saw that Posey had Mad Dogs jersey too, but then kinda let go at the last second. I thought that the reason Mad Dog didn't try to dunk it was because he wanted to make sure he got a shot off, cuz dunking takes a little longer than a layup as evidenced by Tim Duncans dunk against the Bucks a few weeks ago that didn't count. I don't know either way it was pretty inexusable for Mad Dog to miss that shot cuz it was an uncontested layup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts