Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's a restricted free agent at the end of the season.

It's better than trading Williams and Harrington, no?

·
Registered
87 Posts
because a few years ago he was expected to demand the max. Even though he's more than proved he's not even in that stratosphere, he's going to think he's worth more than the MLE

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't matter what he thinks he's worth. Nobody is going to pay him the max. The only thing that matters is what teams are willing to offer.

Vladamir Guerrero wanted 150 million.

He ended up getting 70 million.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
If anyone pays Darius Miles more than the MLE exception they are a bunch of idiots. The guy is barely playing for a horrible Cleveland team now.

It's time to face facts that he is a bust. He will be a bane of the teams' existence just like Eddie Robinson is for the Bulls. An athletic scrub.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in favor of signing him with a portion of the MLE because he is only 22. There is still time for improvement.

Robinson signed his deal at 25, and there was little merit to it. Robinson had only played 2 seasons, and had only averaged 7 ppg in each, nothing else.

Miles has averaged 9 ppg in each, but he can also do more. Unlike Robinson, he can play defense, and he can actually pass and rebound the basketball. Prior to this season, Paul Silas was babbling something about Miles starting at PG. He has the handle to do so (just not the passing mentality). Robinson does not have this handle. I did not hear any talk of E-Rob replacing J-Will last summer.

And unlike Robinson, Miles would probably be in the NY rotation more than just his first year. Unless you think Penny and Shandon are going to hold the fort down until they are each 35. The Knicks won't have any assets remaining that they could trade to add any other SFs (or any players, for that matter)

I think it's fairly obvious who the better player is.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I am with you on this one....We have no choice but to take low probability shots on guys with tremendous upside..It is our only option,unless you think we are good enough to win with the current squad....We have ZERO run jump athletes...I personally would do anything and everything to get Wilcox...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts