Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are still winning after trading Webber (that deal seems brilliant right now), and all WITHOUT Brad Miller. They are still a threat in the playoffs.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Maybe because they're going to the Western conference playoffs and only have a 23-21 record against western conference opponents? :whoknows:

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Malnutritious said:
Do you really think that they are likely to come out of the west?
If they play a tremendous series, they could beat Dallas or at least take them to 7. The same vs Seattle.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Sacremento fans and even some basketball writers, every single year say "we can do it". The last year the kings had a legit chance was the year they took the Lakers to game 7, the kings are so done, they have been done since then, and every single year i call it. For gods sake i knew it was a matter of time untill someone was going to start going on about the Kings. They droped to 6th in the west now, and they just will not do it anytime in the near future, when will everyone accept this that Sacrmento is the crumbling Kingdom.

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Travis76 said:
Sacremento fans and even some basketball writers, every single year say "we can do it". The last year the kings had a legit chance was the year they took the Lakers to game 7, the kings are so done, they have been done since then, and every single year i call it. For gods sake i knew it was a matter of time untill someone was going to start going on about the Kings. They droped to 6th in the west now, and they just will not do it anytime in the near future, when will everyone accept this that Sacrmento is the crumbling Kingdom.
Dont talk about crumbling kingdom when Lakers wont we be in the playoffs this year. What happend in the past is beyond us now. Kings have played basically half a season without Brad Miller and virtualy the whole year without Bobby Jackson not to mention for a little while it looked like every day one of the players from the Kings roster was getting some type of injurie. With our new imports from Philly the Kings are a much deeper team now and this is one of the reasons why Petrie made the deal. To say that they will come out of the West right now would be some what of a exaduration but is there a possiablity? Yes, with a healthy roster the Kings can give Mavs or Sonics the run for thier money.

By the way Kings are now 5th in the West and 16 games above .500 .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Most people have written of Sacramento because of there subpar playoff preformances. Although they seem to get alot of injures before playoff time that cant be the blame for all of there playoff performance problems. If they finish in 5th spot and play Dallas it will be a close series that Sacramento has a pretty good chance at winning.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Pejavlade said:
Dont talk about crumbling kingdom when Lakers wont we be in the playoffs this year. What happend in the past is beyond us now. Kings have played basically half a season without Brad Miller and virtualy the whole year without Bobby Jackson not to mention for a little while it looked like every day one of the players from the Kings roster was getting some type of injurie. With our new imports from Philly the Kings are a much deeper team now and this is one of the reasons why Petrie made the deal. To say that they will come out of the West right now would be some what of a exaduration but is there a possiablity? Yes, with a healthy roster the Kings can give Mavs or Sonics the run for thier money.

By the way Kings are now 5th in the West and 16 games above .500 .

Ya i know L.A is not in the playoffs, but that is not the point. When the Kings lose again in the playoffs, like 100% they are done, i will remember this post, is that ok with all you Kings fans?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bobot said:
Most people have written of Sacramento because of there subpar playoff preformances. Although they seem to get alot of injures before playoff time that cant be the blame for all of there playoff performance problems. If they finish in 5th spot and play Dallas it will be a close series that Sacramento has a pretty good chance at winning.
Sacramento is not a playoff team. Therefore they are not a playoff threat. They've consistently choked in the playoffs. Dallas will beat them in 6 games. It seems every year it's Sacramento's year, yet they keep losing in the playoffs, I guarantee this year won't be any different.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Hey, check out these stellar pictures.

Attachments

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
This is not the same Sacremento team that consistently chokes. They won't come out of the west. But I think they'll put whoever they face through the paces in the first round. Bibby and Peja are balling right now.

Bibby, Mobley, and Peja is a lot like Ridnour, Allen, and Lewis. And the Kings bench has been good.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Travis76 said:
Hey, check out these stellar pictures.
Bah, still living in the past are you? No team should ever be written off, though they probably won't make it out of the West, the Lakers aren't in it the first place. Calling it the crumbling kingdom is ironic. As long as Peja hits his shots (which he might not, in the playoffs), Sacramento is fine, as long as they don't get Dallas. They're always tough to handle.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Ok, im living in the past, and the people posting about the Kings having a chance isnt living in the past??? Jesus christ, that it is so 2001. Wake up guys, the Kings arent doing anything, LIKE USUAL!

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Sac is better than I thought, but they need a defender badly. A garbage man off the bench would do, preferably on the preimeter. Mobley probably won't be around longer (though I suppose the Kings could overpay to keep him this summer).

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nobody is talking about the Kings because they have been talked about for the past 4 years come playoff time and havn't gone anywhere. Now Miller and Jackson are out with injuries, and their big men consist of Kenny Thomas and Brian Skinner. Maybe if they have a stellar series and Miller returns they could challenge Dallas or Seattle but I can't see them going anywhere except well.....eliminated from the post season.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lakers Own said:
Sacramento is not a playoff team. Therefore they are not a playoff threat. They've consistently choked in the playoffs. Dallas will beat them in 6 games. It seems every year it's Sacramento's year, yet they keep losing in the playoffs, I guarantee this year won't be any different.
Dallas consistently chokes as well, nevermind the first round loss to... Sacramento... last yeaer.. what makes you so confident in them now?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I think people are being unfair to Sacramento... out of the last 24 years only 8 different teams have won the NBA title. That leaves 22 teams without anything to show for in 24 seasons. And despite runs of 10 years in a row plus for teams like the Suns and Blazers in making the playoffs they didn't win anything (well the Suns did make it to the finals against the Bulls one season). I think Sacramento's legit title runs aren't coming to an end but they are rather at sort of a pit stop (this season). I've got to admit trading Weber was very smart (and very timely), that trade could be the thing that keeps Sacramento competitive for years to come (Weber's contract would have a strangle hold over the organization... sort of like Penny's and Marbury's would have had for the Suns this year if they hadn't jumped ship and tanked the season last year... and just look at their results). However I think LA's legit title runs are over (for the forseable future). Kobe has already driven away one of the greatest centers of all time and arguably the greatest coach of all time. Until Kobe realizes no one player can win it by himself he'll never accomplish anything, I see even the Clippers actually surpasing the Lakers the next couple years.

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
tempe85 said:
I think people are being unfair to Sacramento... out of the last 24 years only 8 different teams have won the NBA title. That leaves 22 teams without anything to show for in 24 seasons. And despite runs of 10 years in a row plus for teams like the Suns and Blazers in making the playoffs they didn't win anything (well the Suns did make it to the finals against the Bulls one season). I think Sacramento's legit title runs aren't coming to an end but they are rather at sort of a pit stop (this season). I've got to admit trading Weber was very smart (and very timely), that trade could be the thing that keeps Sacramento competitive for years to come (Weber's contract would have a strangle hold over the organization... sort of like Penny's and Marbury's would have had for the Suns this year if they hadn't jumped ship and tanked the season last year... and just look at their results). However I think LA's legit title runs are over (for the forseable future). Kobe has already driven away one of the greatest centers of all time and arguably the greatest coach of all time. Until Kobe realizes no one player can win it by himself he'll never accomplish anything, I see even the Clippers actually surpasing the Lakers the next couple years.

Great analysis. Very good job man. :greatjob:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The Kings are not very good. I think every other West playoff team would beat them in the first, so when they face the Sonics, Mavs, or Rockets in the first round they'll go down.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts