Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
become the JV to the wests varsity for the last six years?

Does anybody really think the Pacers will beat the Lakers, Spurs, Kings or Mavs? Hell even if Shaq and Karl don't show up until the last week before the playoffs I still give the nod to them over the Pacers, Nets and Pistons!

There is an obvious skill level difference between the east and west to the point where we are actually calling the east the JV coast.

This can't be good for ratings in the finals! It seems to me the WCF's are the two best teams for the last half decade or so.

What needs to be done to even this out a bit? Or does it matter?

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
Hopefully the East teams will come up and start to actually compete more with the West squads.

It seems that the West always gets the power players.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just a cycle

I think the East and West will even out in talent in about 3 to 5 years. More Eastern teams are going to be drafting higher than teams from the West due to the Eastern teams having worse records. Eventually those higher picks are going to even the talent level out. Plus, good players might choose to go to an Eastern team rather than a Western team because of the weaker competition in the East.

·
Registered
731 Posts
The West's road to dominance:
(not in chronological order)

-The scale was first tipped when Shaq moved west. Orlando basically ousted him

-San Antonio was given 1st pick to draft TD.

-Thanks to the all time worse GM Wes Unseld of the Washington Wizards/Bullets, the west got webber and sheed for mitch richmond and rod strickland.

-The year that yao was projected to get first pick, Houston won the lottery.

-Tractor Traylor traded east for Dirk Nowitzki.

-KG drafted by Twolves

My quick remedy to bring the balance back in to the NBA.... Move KG to Orlando , or move TMac to the Pacers. With either of these two single player movements, the east has a legit contender if not the "favored" champions. Its really time for people to start watching the NBA finals again.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the only way the east can catch up is if you take either Shaq or Tim and split them up by coasts.

Tim with Tmac

Shaq with Kobe

Now that's a finals worth watching!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
i like the t-mac to the pacers, but the KG to orlando wouldnt solve anything?
Tmac + KG on one team wouldn't solve anything? Two MVP caliber players isn't good enough?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts