Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Laker fan i will look at the playoffs as what is in the best interest of the Laker dynasty and these reasons are why i want the following teams to lose...

San Antonio The Lakers have won 3 straight sandwiched by the Spurs titles... i feel that if the Spurs win their 3rd in 7 years it just slightly could hurt the Lakers legacy of the team of this decade... it doesn't hurt it much but just enuff that i dont want to see the Spurs win

Seattle This one is extremely selfish... i already told many of my friends that I didn't expect Seattle to keep up their hot start and that they would probly struggle to make the playoffs... i was very wrong... the Sonics winning a championship would just add insult to injury

Dallas I do not like Dallas's way of playing and I never have... i have always said i thought they could win a lot of games but never take the big one at the end. I dont want to be wrong

Sacramento I am a Lakers fan... Next

Houston though i do like TMAC, if they were to win it would give way too much fuel for his fans against Kobe's fans

Miami if Shaq wins... it would look so so so so so so so bad for the Lakers... so bad... so so so bad... not to mention i'd have to here about how Wade is the greatest player on earth ever for the whole damn summer, when we all really know... that it is just not true

Detroit this is anutha situation where a championship could slightly diminish the Lakers legacy (or atleast give them competition)

Boston I am a Laker fan... next... plus Boston sucks how the hell are they in 3rd place

Bulls i do like the bulls very much... i am a Chicagoan... but i still haven't completely forgiven the *******s for breaking up MJ, Phil, Pip, and Rodman... when Krause left it was a start to regainig me as a fan, but i need to see Reinsdorf go to before i can cheer without any reserve

Washington u part ways wit MJ u part ways with me... next

Clevland if Lebron wins every 12 year old in the nation will be saying Michael who, and Kobe what... and i cannot live in that world

the rest of the teams i could live with... i think i mite be an Indiana fan so Reggie could get one

·
Banned
662 Posts
Wow, creepishly similar to mine, almost... too similar.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Detroit this is anutha situation where a championship could slightly diminish the Lakers legacy (or atleast give them competition)
But it could make the Finals loss last year not look so bad because we would have lost to an eventual back to back champ and not some fluke team.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Looks like Phoenix is your team, then

I guess the Lakers fans are rooting for the Suns?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Laker Freak said:
But it could make the Finals loss last year not look so bad because we would have lost to an eventual back to back champ and not some fluke team.
this is true... i didn't think of this one

in addition... it shows that it takes a team to win not one player carrying a team bullcrap

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Those are all understandable, except the Bulls one. As a Bulls fan, we've suffered the consequences of breaking the dynasty up too early. It was 6 long years. What you guys are going through now, and what you will go through this offseason, I've done it 6 times and all those teams were a lot worse than this years Lakers team.

I think we suffered enough, I hope that you can change your stance shobe. :)

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Those are all understandable, except the Bulls one. As a Bulls fan, we've suffered the consequences of breaking the dynasty up too early. It was 6 long years. What you guys are going through now, and what you will go through this offseason, I've done it 6 times and all those teams were a lot worse than this years Lakers team.

You know i lovesya, Patch, but the bulls are the last team i want to see winning the championship. Bar none.

I hate the Bulls. I may like some of it's player (like Chandler and Kirk), but i simply hate the organization. They make me sick to my stomach.

So, about the franchises i don't want to win the ring:

1- Bulls;

2- Celtics (NEVER!)
3- Cavs;
4- Sacramento;
5- Portland (yeah, fat chance for the next couple of years!);

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Why do you hate the organization? Paxson and Skiles represent new blood in Chicago and they have built that franchise on hard work and love for basketball. They went out and got players who eat and sleep basketball, and come to work to work hard every day. I can understand hating them in the Krause era, I can understand hating them because of annoying homer fans (like myself), but their new management is a breathe of fresh air in the NBA with the way they've built the new Bulls. Maybe I'm just bias.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Why do you hate the organization? Paxson and Skiles represent new blood in Chicago and they have built that franchise on hard work and love for basketball. They went out and got players who eat and sleep basketball, and come to work to work hard every day. I can understand hating them in the Krause era, I can understand hating them because of annoying homer fans (like myself), but their new management is a breathe of fresh air in the NBA with the way they've built the new Bulls. Maybe I'm just bias.
It's kinda hard to explain.

It's visceral.

Irrational.

Pure.

Cold.

Hate.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I don't want these teams to win:
Miami - They already ride Shaq's jock enough...
Indiana - Well, I live in Indiana
Sacramento - You know why...
Cleveland - If they make the playoffs...
Detroit - After the brawl? Hell no.

Who I'm rooting for:
Memphis - Jerry West
San Antonio - Big Shot Rob
Washington - Jared Jeffries
Chicago - I hate the Pacers
Boston - Paul Pierce

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sir Patchwork said:

i am trying to slowly but i am very very very angry... the break up of the lakers dynasty fails in comparison to the ugliness of the break up of the Bulls dynasty as well... but i am coming around... and i look forward to watching the bulls in the playoffs

·
Registered
576 Posts
Why hate the Bulls? What have we done to anybody over the past several years except provide all you sportsfans out there with laugh after laugh and comedic performances by the greats like: Dedric Willoughby, Dragan Tarlac, Keith Booth and who can forget that center of entertainment, Dalibor Bagaric? He had an uncanny knack for using 8 to 9 pump fakes while standing underneath the basket only to be called for 3 seconds or get it stuffed in the face.

We should be honored.......not cursed....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
shobe42 said:
Houston though i do like TMAC, if they were to win it would give way too much fuel for his fans against Kobe's fans

Miami if Shaq wins... it would look so so so so so so so bad for the Lakers... so bad... so so so bad... not to mention i'd have to here about how Wade is the greatest player on earth ever for the whole damn summer, when we all really know... that it is just not true

Clevland if Lebron wins every 12 year old in the nation will be saying Michael who, and Kobe what... and i cannot live in that world
I feel ya.

Personally, I like Wade and LeBron a lot. But if either of the 3 win a championship, it's gonna be hell for us Laker/Kobe fans in the NBA General board.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts