Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is not worthy of a thread, but man...WTF!!!

Charlie is having such a good game and he's sitting on the bench while Bonner is doing nothing to help us at both end of the floor. Nice shot hitting the side of the board.

not bonner's fault tho

SAM MITCHELL IS MENTALLY RETARDED.......

·
Registered
87 Posts
toiletscrubber said:
I know this is not worthy of a thread, but man...WTF!!!

Charlie is having such a good game and he's sitting on the bench while Bonner is doing nothing to help us at both end of the floor. Nice shot hitting the side of the board.

not bonner's fault tho

SAM MITCHELL IS MENTALLY RETARDED.......
this is exaclty what iam thinking as iam screamin at me tv wtf is sam mitchell doin in the 4th quarter why is bonner on the floor instead os Villa BOnner let three O boards to brand and magette losing us 4 points and the game SAm Mitchel is a moron WHY was BOnner on the floor ****........

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I think that Sam forgets that Matt is on the floor at times...and just doesnt realise...its the only plausible explaination to me...he realises afterwards while watching game tape that Matt was still on the floor

·
Registered
209 Posts
my thoughts exactly man, i pointed out to my friend that Bonner was still on the floor after every whistle they finally took him out with 5 freaking seconds left in the game, he played the majority of the third too

inexcusable to have him out there doing nothing in the 4th (other than bricking one off the side of the net) and letting Charlie sit

I ahvent been on Mitchells case all year but im putting this loss squarely on him, when it comes down to it hes simply not a good coach, at times he just looks lost

bad loss tonight tho its going to be hard to get over this one, last 2 games we should have won but this one was especially in the bag

·
Registered
786 Posts
Big Dub said:
this is exaclty what iam thinking as iam screamin at me tv wtf is sam mitchell doin in the 4th quarter why is bonner on the floor instead os Villa BOnner let three O boards to brand and magette losing us 4 points and the game SAm Mitchel is a moron WHY was BOnner on the floor ****........

That makes two of us screaming at the tv WTF is Bonner doing out there!!!!

Hoffa played great and Charlie was amazing but Bonner is left in the 4th in the freakin 4th!!!! Everytime Kaman and Brand was on the floor Mitchell should of went with Hoffa and/or Charlie, but no he goes with Bonner. Mitchell you freakin dummy you should appolgize to your team for letting them down. WTF WTF WTF!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bonner is a good player to have on your team but for christs sake u cant have him out there at crunch tiem when u have a charlie villanueva on the bench who is your best offensive (or 2nd best) rebounder, He cant be on the floor for two resons NO D and he cant rebound if we were down a bunch and we needed to shoot ok but not when ur up by 5 with two minutes keft or hell with 8 minutes left i even thought he waited to long to get bosh back in the floor, and why did he go with ROse over Mo PEte and Calderon when Joey fouled out JR hit one shot all game and hes in there over our best defensive player and our best run and Gun combo What the Hell was mitchell thinking this whole game.

inever thought that he was such a bad coach untill i started to see the desicions he has been makin this year i say get rid of him maybe a lil haysty butwho knows not like we can do any worse under a new coach..

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
the thing about Sam is that he kinda has a man crush on Bonner

Does anyone notice how Bonner is always in contention for the rebound, right in the middle of the scrap, but never, ever comes away with the rebound. he tries so hard, but he's just so physically outmatched against every player he ever plays, unless we're playing Boston and he's matched up against his near equal, Brain Scalabrine. :biggrin:

I don't know what goes through Sams head sometimes, he seems to be regressing from the progress he made last year, and he's content going down with his man, Bonner!!

Reactions: shookem

·
Registered
164 Posts
At times like this... i am glad to know i am not alone!

bonner should not be on the floor

i think mitchell had him on cause of the zone D but it didn't matter cause bonner can't hit in the clutch and he doesn't know how to break a zone down... a situation clearly made for CV!

i also put all the blame on mitchell.. not on bonner! i have no doubt in my mind the ******* forgot about charlie cause he had 5 fouls... he just doesn't have the brains to lead a team.. i think he has the heart... but he doesn't know X and O's... and his sub patterns are just too irradic! its no wonder everyone except bosh, cv and mike james is so inconsistant! he's always experimenting... when clearly it was so obvious who shoulda been in the game...

and i really dont know why rose was in the game.. we got the lead with calderon & James... if ur gonna build off the youth... put them in the real game situations.. dont have them give you a lead... and keep it.. and then take them out just for them to lose it

i like mitchell's passion... hes just not the coach for this team anymore...

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i m just surprise that it is so obviously that any average bball fan can see that Charlie's having a better night and should be playing in the 4th, but Mitchell can't.....

at least he's trying his best to give us a shot at the 1st overall pick.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Budweiser_Boy said:
I didn't see the game, but I agree. Matt Bonner is not a 4th-quarter player. He is not a big minutes player. And he is NOT the Matt Bonner from last year. Mitch needs to stop living in the past, for real.
ok, ok first let me say that I agree, I wanted Charlie out there, but here's why Sam left Matty out there.

1. He has more confidence in him, maybe not in the way a lot of us are thinking, but maybe Sam knows that Bonner will not make that mistake (take a bad foul) as opposed to make that play.
2. Cv31 is a rook...?
3. Bonner had hit 3 nice three's earlier in the game and over a longer period of time has proven to Sam that he can make that shot.
4. Bonner can hit FT's, Cv31 made a couple last night, but in crunch time....

That is why I would say Mitchell played Matt.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
shookem said:
ok, ok first let me say that I agree, I wanted Charlie out there, but here's why Sam left Matty out there.

1. He has more confidence in him, maybe not in the way a lot of us are thinking, but maybe Sam knows that Bonner will not make that mistake (take a bad foul) as opposed to make that play.
2. Cv31 is a rook...?
3. Bonner had hit 3 nice three's earlier in the game and over a longer period of time has proven to Sam that he can make that shot.
4. Bonner can hit FT's, Cv31 made a couple last night, but in crunch time....

That is why I would say Mitchell played Matt.
Here's the thing though... when you have a lead, and you're a losing team like the Raptors, you try protecting that lead the best you can. You can not tell me that by putting Matt in on defense against a frontcourt that features guys like Brand, Wilcox, and Kaman is the best option, even for this team.

You put in Bosh because he's the god damn star of the team. You put in Hoffa to try locking down the paint. THEN you can put in Matt or Charlie - preferably Charlie - to mess around with their defense and try extending the lead.

How did Mitch honestly expect us to win that game without putting forth the best possible lineup in that situation? Ugh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Earlier in the 1st half Villanueva was icing his left leg. Perhaps he pulled something and that is why he saw limited minutes in the 2nd half? Mitchell can't be that stupid, I am pretty sure he knows Villanueva is their best offensive rebounder.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
TRON said:
the thing about Sam is that he kinda has a man crush on Bonner

Does anyone notice how Bonner is always in contention for the rebound, right in the middle of the scrap, but never, ever comes away with the rebound. he tries so hard, but he's just so physically outmatched against every player he ever plays, unless we're playing Boston and he's matched up against his near equal, Brain Scalabrine. :biggrin:

I don't know what goes through Sams head sometimes, he seems to be regressing from the progress he made last year, and he's content going down with his man, Bonner!!
yeah definitely. He's limited but Sam doesn't see it

almost like he's using Bonner to shame other guys. Like "yo I'm giving this guy your minutes because you piss me off so much" (then chucks them over a table and goes "yeah thats right. I chucked you over a table. what you gon do?")

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
another loss caused by sam mitchell's arrogance.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sam is an idiot but I like having him as a coach because are chances of getting the first pick in the 06 draft is very high with him as our coach. The loser kept Bosh off the floor too long again for the second straight game in a row, two games in a row Bosh has an amazing third Q and then Sam sits for whats seems like forever i don't get it.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Great Editorial on RealGM about Sam Mitchell and his coaching decisions. I say great because it pretty much echos the things we're complaining about:

1. Why the Love affair with Bonner

2. Bosh's sub pattern

3. Hoffa making a difference, but not getting more time

4. Why is Jalen playing in the 4th?

5. What can Bonner do that Charlie can't?

http://raptors.realgm.com/articles/..._things_i_dont_understand_about_sam_mitchell/

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
CrookedJ said:
Great Editorial on RealGM about Sam Mitchell and his coaching decisions. I say great because it pretty much echos the things we're complaining about:

1. Why the Love affair with Bonner

2. Bosh's sub pattern

3. Hoffa making a difference, but not getting more time

4. Why is Jalen playing in the 4th?

5. What can Bonner do that Charlie can't?

http://raptors.realgm.com/articles/..._things_i_dont_understand_about_sam_mitchell/

Yeah, nicely done article there. Good understanding of what's going on and a lack of understanding of why, like the rest of us share.

·
Registered
731 Posts
well, Charlie was on the floor at the Miami Heat game...there u go....

compared that to Bonner at the last 2 games....

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah, I totally agree with this. It already appears to be a lost season already, so why not just let our top picks play? Granted, Bonner can hit the open J, but he obviously doesn't have the potential that Charlie has. I think its pretty evident that Bonner is not clutch, so unless Charlies leg was really affecting him, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't have played. What better way to gain experience than to put him in during crunch time; worst case scenario, we lose like we did yesterday.

I like Mitchell's personality, and maybe he is a good coach, but I don't think he is what Toronto needs at this stage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts