Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contract consider bad anyways?? I know its as long as Jalens but this guy UNLIKE Jalen plays hard everynight, plays great D, and is a legitmate scorer.

The Bulls should make a move for him.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Modena360</b>!
Contract consider bad anyways?? I know its as long as Jalens but this guy UNLIKE Jalen plays hard everynight, plays great D, and is a legitmate scorer.

The Bulls should make a move for him.
It isn't considered bad anymore. When people were wanting to initially deal for him, that was 2 years ago and then he was in a major slump.

His deal is not horrible, it just isn't great since he signed his deal back in the prosperous NBA when players like Croshere were getting 60mil.

Jones could definetely give the Bulls some good minutes, but again, I don't think he is a long term solution so I couldn't see dealing someone like Jamal for him alone.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Put me down as being a big fan of Eddie Jones. The guy would look terrific as a two guard on this current Bulls team. A back court of Hinrich and Jones would cause alot of problems of opposing back courts.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>L.O.B</b>!
Put me down as being a big fan of Eddie Jones. The guy would look terrific as a two guard on this current Bulls team. A back court of Hinrich and Jones would cause alot of problems of opposing back courts.
Really? I think it would be a decent back court but not one that would be tough to contend with. Especially in the east with all of the good guards.

I mean - what team would have trouble contending w/ Kirk and Eddie Jones?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I was firmly on record as wanting Eddie Jones when it was thought he could have been had when we traded for Jalen Rose

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
I was firmly on record as wanting Eddie Jones when it was thought he could have been had when we traded for Jalen Rose
Me too, and I was also very strongly in favor of attempting to trade Jalen for Eddie, though that was probably a longshot.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
its long, thats the problem...he gettin older and as he does he will be making more money with his production most likely falling due to his age....he has lots of injuries amd 4 years and huge money is a lot for somebody Jone's age

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I was always baffled as to why Jalen didn't get traded straight up for Eddie. The Heat have to use Dwyane Wade as their point guard because they have no one else who can do it. Wade is a SG and a turnover machine at PG. Now they have to use Rafer Alston as their starting PG, and while a decent bench player he is unquestionably one of the worst starters in the NBA. Jalen has shown in Toronto that he can function well as the PG, and he has always wanted the ball in his hands. He would be a nice fit for the Heat.

The Bulls on the other hand, had a surplus of PG's and ball demanding players, and could obviously have used--and STILL could use--a nice player like Jones who plays D and doesn't need the ball to be effective.

I would not want to trade for Eddie Jones though unless I got rid of a similarly bad contract like Jalen's. Let's face it, in today's NBA if you make $13 million or more a year you had damned well better be on the All Star team. Also he is old and declining and there is no doubt in my mind that in 2006-07, the last year of his contract, he will be Steve Smith. Who wants to pay $16 million to Steve Smith. Not me. That's just the time when the Bulls expect to be coming into their own, they don't need to starve their team for talent by paying money to an old Eddie Jones.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
I was always baffled as to why Jalen didn't get traded straight up for Eddie. The Heat have to use Dwyane Wade as their point guard because they have no one else who can do it. Wade is a SG and a turnover machine at PG. Now they have to use Rafer Alston as their starting PG, and while a decent bench player he is unquestionably one of the worst starters in the NBA. Jalen has shown in Toronto that he can function well as the PG, and he has always wanted the ball in his hands. He would be a nice fit for the Heat.
we have Odom to be point foward...Rose would of been redundant with him we would have 3 natural sf's, with 2 of them being point foward types..way redundant

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

The Bulls on the other hand, had a surplus of PG's and ball demanding players, and could obviously have used--and STILL could use--a nice player like Jones who plays D and doesn't need the ball to be effective.

I would not want to trade for Eddie Jones though unless I got rid of a similarly bad contract like Jalen's. Let's face it, in today's NBA if you make $13 million or more a year you had damned well better be on the All Star team. Also he is old and declining and there is no doubt in my mind that in 2006-07, the last year of his contract, he will be Steve Smith. Who wants to pay $16 million to Steve Smith. Not me. That's just the time when the Bulls expect to be coming into their own, they don't need to starve their team for talent by paying money to an old Eddie Jones.
bingo. It would have been interesting to see how Jamal and Kirk would have reacted to having someone like Jones in the backcourt with them - a strong scorer who could get points off the ball and a defender who could guard the league's 2s well. It might have been preferable to forcing Jamal into a lone scorer's role that he obviously can't quite handle and forcing Kirk into huge minutes and a likely date with the rookie wall, not to mention the defensive deficiencies. A 3-man backcourt with those guys and also Gill has a nice balance of offense and defense, on-ball guards and off-ball. Oh well, we needed the interior toughness too, and AD's contract isn't as long.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Re: Re: Why is Eddie Jones.......

Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

Jones could definetely give the Bulls some good minutes, but again, I don't think he is a long term solution so I couldn't see dealing someone like Jamal for him alone.
U think Crawford is a long term solution?!?!:laugh:

The Bulls can keep him!!!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lizzy</b>!

Really? I think it would be a decent back court but not one that would be tough to contend with. Especially in the east with all of the good guards.

I mean - what team would have trouble contending w/ Kirk and Eddie Jones?
Lizzy,

I think the defense that Hinrich and Jones can bring would be a challenge for most teams back courts. I am not looking at the scoring as much as the ability to play tough defense.

ESPN insider was mentioning a deal of Jamal, Fizer and ERobbery for Jones and C Butler... Personally I think Miami would be getting screwed. I wouldn't even care how much we would have to pay Jones, the way he plays I could deal with him being overpaid. Plus we pay Erobbery way to much for nothing, Jones is still a better value.

If the Bulls could pull off a deal for Jones and Butler, the playoffs would be a reality for this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts