Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night, the wolves upended the spurs to take the lead in the midwest. People seem to think cuz duncan had a good night(32-20) and garnett had a down night(22-10) that duncan is still better and this years MVP. PLEASE!! garnett is 4th in the league in scoring at 24 a night, and first in the league in rebounds at 14 a night. the wolves are in first place this deep in the season for the first time in a long time, maybe ever! While duncan is a great player, KG is just that much better. People say since Duncan is the only all star on histeam and is carrying them this year he is the MVP. but didnt KG do that last year for the wolves, and the 6 years before that? all i am saying is i think it is time for KG to get some respect!

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
I think KG gets a fair amount of respect. I'm not sure how you would exactly measure the amount of it that he is getting, because everyone's opinion differs. Are you wanting to know about respect from fans, in general, or the league's respect for him?

To comment on one of your statements-

Yes, KG did lead his team, almost singlehandedly, to the playoffs every year. Duncan, as you said, also lead his team, but you have to remember that Duncan has gotten his team 2 rings to this day. Until KG can get his team a ring, the respect you say he deserves probably won't come until then.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
I don't think it's that bad. Duncan is behind KG in MVP consideration. He's got stats, wins,

As long as the team is winning, he won't be snubbed again.

And everyone can see that without KG the Wolves could MAYBE be as "good" as the Knicks, who aren't exactly incredible. And you can see how they're doing with him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts