Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kobe is running around with his right arm dangling to his side? Why the hell is he on the court. Dont give me heart and all that crap, that is just plain stupid, on his part and Phil Jackson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Kobe's so gimped he just fired a left handed shot....I think that's enough evidence that he shouldn't be in the game.
 

·
Nobody
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
I think it's depressing that the Cavaliers apparently can't beat the Lakers with Shaq and Karl out, and Kobe basically with one arm tied behind his back.
 

·
*Floor General*
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Basketball Fan</b>!
Kobe's so gimped he just fired a left handed shot....I think that's enough evidence that he shouldn't be in the game.
Exactly, this isn't game 7 of the finals or anything, it's the middle of the season. He shouldn't be in the game.
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just plain dumb keeping him in the game.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Kobe is running around with his right arm dangling to his side? Why the hell is he on the court. Dont give me heart and all that crap, that is just plain stupid, on his part and Phil Jackson.
I agree. Either he needs to suck it up or get off the floor. That left handed **** is dumb. I think Phil Jackson has taken him out now, thank god.

What was Kobe thinking? Was he even thinking at all?
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to build on this, Payton must be pissed ... Shaq, Malone, and now Kobe out ... his supporting cast is now worse than Tmac's.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Just to build on this, Payton must be pissed ... Shaq, Malone, and now Kobe out ... his supporting cast is now worse than Tmac's.
He's already said "I didn't sign up for this". And that was before Kobe went down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Kobe, Shaq, Malone out. Seattle flashback for Payton, because this is now Gary's team.
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Re: Re: Why is Kobe in the game?

Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!


I agree. Either he needs to suck it up or get off the floor. That left handed **** is dumb. I think Phil Jackson has taken him out now, thank god.

What was Kobe thinking? Was he even thinking at all?
I like you but you really relish every opportunity to take shots at Kobe, but if someone says anything about AI or Jamal Crawford you are screaming from the rooftops.

I mean come on man. The guy obviously realizes how crappy the squad is w/o Malone and Shaq, so he wants to help the team win. At least he is not like Shaq where a toe or a cramp keeps him out for long stretches.
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Re: Why is Kobe in the game?

Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!


I like you but you really relish every opportunity to take shots at Kobe, but if someone says anything about AI or Jamal Crawford you are screaming from the rooftops.

I mean come on man. The guy obviously realizes how crappy the squad is w/o Malone and Shaq, so he wants to help the team win. At least he is not like Shaq where a toe or a cramp keeps him out for long stretches.
Yeah, but really, shooting a left-handed three point shot?
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Kobe in the game?

Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!


Yeah, but really, shooting a left-handed three point shot?
This is where Gary Vitti is the trainer and is supposed to step in and say "you shouldn't be in the game Kobe", he gets paid to make those decisions.
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Kobe in the game?

Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!


This is where Gary Vitti is the trainer and is supposed to step in and say "you shouldn't be in the game Kobe", he gets paid to make those decisions.
I agree. Jackson or the trainer should have stepped in. But even Kobe himself should have known. I mean, he looked like his arm was dead running around out there. He has to know taking a left-handed three point shot is not going to help his team.

My feeling, I know he is hurt, but I think he was trying to milk some drama out of the situation ... but dont jump on me, just my personal opinion.
 

·
Our Sentence Is Up
Joined
·
40,250 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Why is Kobe in the game?

Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!


I like you but you really relish every opportunity to take shots at Kobe, but if someone says anything about AI or Jamal Crawford you are screaming from the rooftops.

I mean come on man. The guy obviously realizes how crappy the squad is w/o Malone and Shaq, so he wants to help the team win. At least he is not like Shaq where a toe or a cramp keeps him out for long stretches.
This is true. I am trying to cut back. It'd be a lot harder if Kobe played like he did last year.

And honestly...come on? Did you see that shot? That's pretty bad.

I used to like Kobe when he first came into the league. But he has done some things in the last year or so that have made it hard to like him. And he hasn't exactly been playing all that great this year. He's gone from my favorite laker to the laker I like the least.
 

·
Nobody
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
How about LeBron posting up against Kobe and scoring two times earlier in the game? That was good. He should post up more.
 

·
That'll do Pigley...
Joined
·
51,262 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Kobe in the game?

Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!


I agree. Jackson or the trainer should have stepped in. But even Kobe himself should have known. I mean, he looked like his arm was dead running around out there. He has to know taking a left-handed three point shot is not going to help his team.

My feeling, I know he is hurt, but I think he was trying to milk some drama out of the situation ... but dont jump on me, just my personal opinion.
I don't know if he is trying to milk some drama out of it, but if he hurts himself seriously and has to miss games because of it, it is his and the teams' fault for not getting him out of the game regardless of what Kobe wants.

The Lakers might as well be the Hawks w/o Kobe, Malone and Shaq. They would be best served by keeping him on the bench this game.
 

·
Incognasho
Joined
·
4,061 Posts
Even if his heart was in the right place, I think he needs to base his decision to play (and chuck up off-handed three pointers that don't draw iron) upon the best interests of his team. Although, I might take a gimped Kobe considering the alternatives..

10 pts on 3-8 shooting, 5 boards and couple assists in the first half is more than you can expect out of Rush or whoever would be playing in his place.. But putting himself in jeopardy of further injury, not the best idea..
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>Sovereignz</b>!
Even if his heart was in the right place, I think he needs to base his decision to play (and chuck up off-handed three pointers that don't draw iron) upon the best interests of his team. Although, I might take a gimped Kobe considering the alternatives..

10 pts on 3-8 shooting, 5 boards and couple assists in the first half is more than you can expect out of Rush or whoever would be playing in his place.. But putting himself in jeopardy of further injury, not the best idea..
Did you see him though? He really wasnt using his right arm at all, almost not moving. Obvious he wouldnt be able to help much like that. I really cant believe they allowed him to go back onto the court.
 

·
Incognasho
Joined
·
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

Did you see him though? He really wasnt using his right arm at all, almost not moving. Obvious he wouldnt be able to help much like that. I really cant believe they allowed him to go back onto the court.
:whoknows: Looks like he's done for the night though..
 
1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Top