Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he's not even under contract with the wolves yet..shouldn't other players that are stashed overseas be available to their respective teams?

ex:splitter for SA, etc. etc.

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
He probably shouldn't have been, but he got lost in the shuffle and by the time I'd realized it there had already been moves made based on his being on the team and such.

Call it a lucky break for Minnesota - they could use one.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Yeah, I should have Josh Childress. Not a huge deal, I suppose. Makes things a little more interesting.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Like I said before if Rubio is in the league other players should have access to their overseas arsenal, or he should be deleted.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
I wish some of the others were in it. I'd be interested in Pekovic (Serbia) from Minnesota and Victor Claver (Spain) from Portland.

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
Like I said before if Rubio is in the league other players should have access to their overseas arsenal, or he should be deleted.
They can be brought in in the offseason, if so desired. The issue is that creating the random foreign players is not something I'm capable of doing with any real knowledge.

If they come to the NBA and have actual stats to create them from, sure. Otherwise, though, if they're not in the sim already (aka not in the 2009 draft), I'd be creating them blind.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Whoever would request an international player should have scouting reports from credible websites so you can have a base of reference.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
If its a problem I'm fine with having Rubio off the team for a year or two, so long as he comes over eventually.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
That seems like a lot of work for KJ. It would probably be easier to just delete Rubio to be honest. Truthfully though, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
Some of the top guys who's rights are owned according to DE.

Profiles have scouting reports

http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/NBA-Rights-Held/
A bunch of those are in the sim already, but weren't listed as free agents because of their overseas status. I could probably add most of those guys who aren't created yet, as well.

Are teams content with leaving Rubio if the rest can be brought over as soon as the 2010 offseason?

·
do better
41,522 Posts
The way the rules are I implied players not in the NBA wouldn't be in the sim actually, but it can be amended.

We can make an official vote thread, fairest thing to do.

·
#1 Stromile Swift Fan
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm strongly against allowing Rubio to be on the team for this season. It is giving Minnesota an unfair advantage. I thought the purpose of this sim was to be as close to real life as possible, and I feel like overseas players should only be allowed to come into the NBA when they are not under contract with a European team.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I'm strongly against allowing Rubio to be on the team for this season. It is giving Minnesota an unfair advantage. I thought the purpose of this sim was to be as close to real life as possible, and I feel like overseas players should only be allowed to come into the NBA when they are not under contract with a European team.
If it helps, he's not going to be starting, and I don't expect to be competing too much anyway. Which is also one of the reasons I don't mind too much if I don't have him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts