Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not saying he was a lock to be selected for the ASG but the man didn´t receive any consideration...I´ve heard of people making their cases for Finley, marion, Randolph, Brand, Boozer, etc...I keep on counting, but no one mentions Sprewell! Why doesn´t this guy get the respect he deserves? The man is averaging 18.6ppg, 3.6apg, and 4.2rpg, to go along with 33 wins...how many people playing as the #3 option on offense manage to get such stats...I remember the dallas "big three" going to the ASG together before, why doesn´t this happen to Minnesota...to the new "Big Three" ???

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree with you that Sprewell is as deserving as anyone who was left off the team, and many who are on the team.

However, We also realize that all the *****ing and moaning in the world isn't going to put Sprewell in the All-star game. What's the point in whinning like a 2 year old?

Besides, the real prize for Sprewell will come this summer. ;)

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Sprewell isn't deserving.

There are several guys who are better than him. Michael Finley for example, Shawn Marion, Carmelo...

Joe Johnson is better than Spree. Of course among guards Steve Nash, Andre Miller are also better than Spree.

Who cares if Spre is the third option? That only means he gets a lot less pressure because Garnett is drawing so much attention.

Michael Finely could be considered 4th option if you wanted to put a number on it. Shawn Marion played 3rd option behind Marbury and Amare a lot.

Sprewell is over the hill, one on one he can be shut down by a good defender. Allstars don't get totally shut down one on one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BigAmare clarify what you mean by saying Finley is 4th option...I don´t know if you have realized this but Finley is the top scorer amongst Mavs in December and January...If there is anyone on the Mavs who deserves to play in ASG, that is Finley...Oh come on! Joe Johnson better than Sprewell! I see you are a Suns fan but still...try to be semi-realistic..."Who care if Spree is third option?": How many 3rd option players contribute so much to his team...True, KG takes is an important part of Sprewell´s success, but everyone on the Wolves team benefits from KG getting double/triple teamed. Same thing can be said for Duncan and the other Spurs...That doesn´t take anything away form sprewell´s game. Not to mention the defense he displays that cannot be shown with any stats...man wake up! all the players you listed are more of a cental focus to their team...and hence, get more shots than sprewell...once again, I am not arguing that Spree should have been in the ASG this season. I am just pointing out to the lack of respect shown to this guy.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Dirk, Nash, Walker, Finley, Jamison you can put Finley everywhere 1-5 option on any night.

Last game

Joe Johnson 22pts 5rebounds 6assists

Sprewell 4pts 7rebounds 4assists and he played 40 minutes
2 of his points came when the Suns fouled intentionally in the last minute.

Johnson totally shut Sprewell down.

I don't even have to look at those all-nba first team type of numbers that Johnson is averaging like the Marbury trade while drawing double teams already. And has been a 4th option before.

Johnson 16ppg 4.5rpg 4apg 43%FG
Spree 18.5ppg 4rpg 3.5apg 42.5%FG

And Sprewell plays with Garnett that will make any player better, just look at Cassell.

·
Registered
104 Posts
LOL Amare,

You keep quoting that one game where Spree only took 7 shots. How about the 35 he's dropped on the Kings, Lakers? Or the 32 he dropped on the Spurs?

I also noticed how yesterday, you stated Finley was the #1 option on the Mavs. Today he's their 4th option.

Keep up the good work. :)

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Learn to read.

I said Finley was the leader of the Mavs.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I don't know if Spree is underrated, but he is sharing the spotlight w/ KG and Cassell.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Lattrell Sprewell is a great player... but unfortunately he's one of those players whose game is overshadowed by his personality and reputation.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Marion's a SF. And on a losing team, like Joe Johnson.

Whatever's being said about him, Sprewell's making big dough.

Finley and Spree are just shut out. Not enough all-star spots.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Sprewell is also SG/SF like Marion.

TMac is also on a losing team does that make Sprewell the more deserving allstar? No

Would the Wolves trade Sprewell for Marion? In their wettest dreams.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
Joe Johnson is better than Spree.
You are joking right? That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever seen on this whole board. I hate to be this blunt but it's true. Joe Johnson is not better than Sprewell. Everyone will tell you the same thing that has followed b-ball the past several years.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Spree was the man early in his career, scoring over 20 a night, easily. Everyone knows how good he is. However, he's in the West now, and I think Melo and Marion are having better years and those two failed to make the cut.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Joe Johnson is not better than Sprewell. Simple as that. Johnson has a good little streak going, but did you hear anybody saying Flip Murray was better than Ray Allen during his little streak?

The point is just because someone might be playing better than another guy over a brief little stretch, it doesn't mean that that player is better. (Sorry for the double that, I just didn't feel like re-wording it)

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
I am not joking.

Nobody would take Spree over Joe at his point anymore. Aside from the fact that Johnson OWNED Spree. He is much younger and a much better character.

In short phrases:
Joe Johnson has better size than Spree
Joe Johnson has better defense than Spree
Joe Johnson has better handles than Spree
Joe Johnson has better midrange game than Spree
Joe Johnson can and does play PG
Joe Johnson is one of the nicest guys in the NBA
Spree is the better spot-up and 3-pt shooter

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
The point is just because someone might be playing better than another guy over a brief little stretch, it doesn't mean that that player is better. (Sorry for the double that, I just didn't feel like re-wording it)
The season stats are almost the same and Joe Johnson is a better defender and only has an opportunity to show himself since Marbury is gone and is doing it EVERY night.

Joe Johnson kills Sprewell one on one.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>antibody</b>!
You are joking right? That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever seen on this whole board. I hate to be this blunt but it's true. Joe Johnson is not better than Sprewell. Everyone will tell you the same thing that has followed b-ball the past several years.
You didnt know? Amare is better than Lebron and Carmelo. JJ is better than Sprewell. Jake Voshkuhl is a notch above Brad Miller. Barbosa is better than Marbury. Casey Jacobsen is comparable to Peja. WHAT A TEAM!

Barbosa (better than Marbury)
Johnson (sprewell)
Marion
Stoudamire (top 5 player ever)
Voshkuhl (Brad Miller)

Jacobsen (Peja)

HOW ARE THESE GUYS THE WORST TEAM IN THE WEST?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Seriously , **** off John. Go watch the Bulls and Emeka who is better than Amare and more skilled.

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
You didnt know? Amare is better than Lebron and Carmelo. JJ is better than Sprewell. Jake Voshkuhl is a notch above Brad Miller. Barbosa is better than Marbury. Casey Jacobsen is comparable to Peja. WHAT A TEAM!

Barbosa (better than Marbury)
Johnson (sprewell)
Marion
Stoudamire (top 5 player ever)
Voshkuhl (Brad Miller)

Jacobsen (Peja)

HOW ARE THESE GUYS THE WORST TEAM IN THE WEST?
:laugh: Now that is a good one. BigAmare thinks that way...what a freakin' shock.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
No in fact I don't like Jacobsen at all and have always said that Voshkul is not more than a perfect backup center.

I have never said Barbosa better than Marbury either. Get lost.

If I came back everytime here to say I told you so I would be rich. I was right about Amare even before he played the first game and Joe Johnson proves me right again.

Jealousy is nice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts