Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need you only ask yourself the question, why is Jaque Vaughn on this team and not Tony Delk?

·
Nets Fan
10,424 Posts
I think Tony Delk was in contract with Atlanta last year, he went over to Atlanta with Walker in that Mavs deal. Thorn's strength has never been Free Agency, but all things considered he has done a good job.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
fly75 said:
You need only ask who signed Aaron Williams and Todd MacCulloch.
Both good uses of the MLE.

-Petey

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Wasn't Delk available for any team to sign earlier this season?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thorn didn't sign Williams as per hoopshype. I'll give you Todd Mac though, but it's not like he was a special find. You could also make an argument for E Williams but he was only here one season.

Still, Chris Childs, Rodney Rogers, Jeff Mcinnis, Mourning were all heralded signings that completely flopped.

·
Yes, please.
16,621 Posts
Rollydog said:
Thorn didn't sign Williams as per hoopshype. I'll give you Todd Mac though, but it's not like he was a special find. You could also make an argument for E Williams but he was only here one season.

Still, Chris Childs, Rodney Rogers, Jeff Mcinnis, Mourning were all heralded signings that completely flopped.
Listen. Don't be dissing Rodney Rogers, okay?

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Rollydog said:
If Mourning wasn't such a complete and utter douche, that would have been an awesome signing.

It was still pretty good considering Jason Kidd wanted it and he stayed.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
Rollydog said:

You are so provocative!!! Thorn did sign Aaron Williams. Now shut up.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
Rollydog said:

Zo wasn't a bad signing, he had the same offer from West-Grizzles, Cuban-Mavs. West even commented how 2 years of Zo would had been worth paying him that over 4 years.

Kinda hard to predict Zo would just be a dick and straight up try to screw the Nets.

-Petey

Reactions: ghoti

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Petey said:
Zo wasn't a bad signing, he had the same offer from West-Grizzles, Cuban-Mavs. West even commented how 2 years of Zo would had been worth paying him that over 4 years.

Kinda hard to predict Zo would just be a dick and straight up try to screw the Nets.

-Petey
Beatcha to it! :biggrin:

Then again, if Zo was a normal human being and not a ****ing piece of ****, Vince Carter might be a Knick right now.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NetIncome said:
You are so provocative!!! Thorn did sign Aaron Williams. Now shut up.
Hoopshype says no. I don't remember much about 2000 so I was going by that site, they're pretty good over there. If I'm wrong, it's on them.

And Rodney Rogers sucked infinite balls.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Dark Knight said:
I hope you're not serious.

In the picture above, Rodney is letting Steven Jackson slap the ball out of his hands because he has been preoccuppied by something to his right - almost certainly a fan on the baseline eating a Big Mac. Maybe a Wendy's Spicy Chicken. Whatever the case, this was not an isolated incident.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Krakista said:
If we get to draft Josh Boone and Mile Ilic comes over, the Nets need not spend free agent dollars this coming summer.
Need a PG.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Krakista said:
If we get to draft Josh Boone and Mile Ilic comes over, the Nets need not spend free
agent dollars this coming summer.
We'd have to be completely idiotic to actually rely on a mid twenties pick and Ilic.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.