Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A. That is a curious statistic indeed. Foster, at 6-11 and the starting center for much of the season, ranks 11th on the team in terms of total number of shots blocked with 10. Among others, he trails guards Anthony Johnson and Fred Jones. You'd think, simply by accident, a 6-11 guy who plays regularly would get in the way of more shots.
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/question_050325.html

Trailing Anthony Johnson is just pathetic. I can understand wanting to grab rebounds instead of flying out for a block, but Jeff has given up a lot of points from not blocking shots and should at least be able to pass Anthony Johnson.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think its cause he is trying to take the charge instead. He knows he doesnt have any great lift so he plays to his strength and stays down and draws the charge...ala Laimbeer.

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Copper said:
I think its cause he is trying to take the charge instead. He knows he doesnt have any great lift so he plays to his strength and stays down and draws the charge...ala Laimbeer.
Actually, Foster has a pretty nice vertical. He was on a fastbreak once and literally dunked over Corey Maggette, but missed the dunk.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
wow thats a cool pic

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
Actually, Foster has a pretty nice vertical. He was on a fastbreak once and literally dunked over Corey Maggette, but missed the dunk.
I always thought he made that dunk.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I like the way Foster plays, plus most of the time he has JO behind him and he has enough blocks.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DJMD said:
I like the way Foster plays, plus most of the time he has JO behind him and he has enough blocks.
JO could be a much better shot blocker if he wasn't a star/superstar. I don't really want JO going for blocks that often so he doesn't get into foul trouble, but one of the reasons Detroit was successful is that they had an enforcer in Ben Wallace, and a pretty good shot blocker in Sheed next to him. Since JO would get in to foul trouble if he went for more rebounds and blocks, we needed someone to grab a lot of rebounds in Foster. If we could get someone who could grab rebounds and block shots like Joel Przybilla or Dan Gadzuric, it'd be great.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
JO could be a much better shot blocker if he wasn't a star/superstar. I don't really want JO going for blocks that often so he doesn't get into foul trouble, but one of the reasons Detroit was successful is that they had an enforcer in Ben Wallace, and a pretty good shot blocker in Sheed next to him. Since JO would get in to foul trouble if he went for more rebounds and blocks, we needed someone to grab a lot of rebounds in Foster. If we could get someone who could grab rebounds and block shots like Joel Przybilla or Dan Gadzuric, it'd be great.
how bout Dale Davis/David Harrison.....

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PacersguyUSA said:
how bout Dale Davis/David Harrison.....
Dale Davis is a pretty good shot blocker, but he's old and I doubt he can continue this type of play for a long time. Harrison's a very good shot blocker, but he can only be left on the floor for a few minutes before he picks up fouls. Him and Jermaine wouldn't really work well together in the same lineup, either.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
Dale Davis is a pretty good shot blocker, but he's old and I doubt he can continue this type of play for a long time. Harrison's a very good shot blocker, but he can only be left on the floor for a few minutes before he picks up fouls. Him and Jermaine wouldn't really work well together in the same lineup, either.
Scott Pollard then?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts