·
Registered
6,107 Posts
He must still be hurt.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But he was on his feet before the last game and he was apparently jumping up and down in the locker room during the last game.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Well, they did say it was a game time decision though.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
The Clipper broadcasters (Ralph Lawler and Michael Smith) are basically saying that they believe a trade is imminent and that they don't want him to get injured before the trade is finalized. Of course, they keep saying that Dallas and New York are the likely destinations....

They did say (during the first half) that they talked with the "Portland broadcasters" (no names mentioned) who told them that they have gone back to look at the game film and can't see Rasheed getting injured at any point in the game.

Has anybody heard this from any of the Blazer broadcasters?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I think its probably a case of hear say... they want to blab on their station about some trade fodder and are using the internet tabloids as the source...

I did nto see him roll his ankle in Fridays game and watched almost all of it, but I know there was at least one poster who saw it and mentioned it in some thread. He was also responding to speculation that it was a false injury. I think he is hurt and just being careful.

·
Registered
539 Posts
There's always the trade angle, but I think it's more likely he's letting his ankle heal.

If you roll your ankle it can be real painful at first but the swelling sometimes doesn't kick in for a little while. I know I've rolled mine several times and it took a week or two before I was confident enough to play ball again. After a few days walking and even jumping wasn't much of a problem, but playing a game is a whole different scenario. If it still feels weak there's a good chance of reinjuring it.

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
I also believe that his ankle is really hurt. I just found the comments of the broadcasters to be interesting - if it's true that someone on the Blazer broadcasting staff made that statement, I'd want to know who it was. If not, I'd be surprised simply because Lawler and Smith seem pretty much above "making up rumors" just to throw things around.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Well, Sheed is no Kobe, he's a much tougher cat...

I could easily see him getting a bit hurt, but not making much of it and playing on. You can definitely play on a hurt ankle, but it'll often catch up to you.

It's a long season, you gotta keep your wheels in shape.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not sure if this is the place to put put this or not

I was at the Sonic blazer game last week in seattle (Ive been out of town since) and I found it odd and disheartning that when everyone came out of the locker room at halftime and started shooting around Sheed sat on the bench by himself, he didnt talk to anyone, and even blew off Q when he came over to talk to him. Ive totally changed my opinion of this guy. I was totally in his corner...not anymore...I dont care if we trade him or just loose his $$ of the our cap but I no longer like him or will I deffend him anymore to my sonic friends. I dont believe he was sick or hurt in that game at all. So what they heck is his problem? he was TERRIBLE in that game he deffinately needed to be out there shooting. I was two rows right behind the bench and he just did not seem interested in the game at all.

I dont even want to get into the sonic / blazer game...other than two things. Even tho it didnt really show it on the stat page I thought the Woods played well and was impressed by what I saw from the guy. The other thing I saw was that Damon sucks (can I say that?) yes he had a great game offensively but I think I can post him up and turn and pass over him with out a probelem. From what I saw in that game that was a large part of our deffensive problem (that and Ray Allen going nuts from downtown), If someone can pass into the lanes without worry and see the lanes clearly I think my 6 year old daughter could make that pass.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It does appear Sheed is as good as gone right now. Who really knows for sure. Yet, I do think it's no coincidence that Zach has been struggling of late due to Sheed not playing or being in the game and not tyring too hard. Z-Bo was at his best when Sheed was playing well and drawing double teams. That combo worked well and Portland played OK during that time. It will be interesting to see how Z-Bo finishes out the year if Sheed is indeed shipped out.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Sheed isn't hurt. And if he is, it's very, very minor. Just look at his body language during the Minny game on NATIONAL TV! He knows he's gone, and he quit. Simple as that. So if Sheed has quit, don't risk injuring him. Either way, he's not contributing to the team. Play it safe. The guy is as good as gone.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Professional Fan</b>!
Sheed isn't hurt. And if he is, it's very, very minor. Just look at his body language during the Minny game on NATIONAL TV! He knows he's gone, and he quit. Simple as that. So if Sheed has quit, don't risk injuring him. Either way, he's not contributing to the team. Play it safe. The guy is as good as gone.
I find it funny how we have a bunch of Doctors on the board I mean I am about to start asking Health questions cause most of u have the answers. Come on quit speculating that he is faking and that a trade is near blah blah blah!

Also a post above said Sheed was basically a A-Hole in Sea town well thats funny when last night he was cheering on the team and congratulating them everytime they came to bench hmm..

Finally how can u say he is not contributing...Look at Zach's game now he went from OUR superstar to a average JOE when Sheed is on bench. Dont give me the HE is 22 crap zach showed he can play but not when he is the only go to guy.

Our D is severly Suffering w/o sheed and saying us Shipping him out is going to make us better...Yea Antwan is our answer a big baby who pouts if he dont get the ball or doesnt have a good game come on now.

Finally Finally would u want to play for a GM who is constantly sayin u are gone on every TV show, every radio Station, Every paper and so on, I dont think so.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I do find it interesting though that Sheed did in the Timberwolves game after the "Injury" and didn't appear to be slowed by it. And now as of tomorrow he will have been down a week.

I think it's just curious.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I'm usually quite adept at spotting injuries, fake or real, in person or on TV (including Olympics Trials injuries that were stated as one thing officially then admitted the next day to be what I swore was really the case) -- it's a curse, having suffered through every imaginable injury myself and being a walking encylopedia on the topic ... but, sadly (?), I didn't see the T'Wolves game and cannot offer any input.

He didn't look like a guy nursing a sore ankle during the Clippers game last night, though. Seemed too jovial and lively to have any lingering health concerns.

Dan

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
if one were to subscribe to the theory Sheed has been traded and they are not playing him not to risk injury. Once could ponder ther is something holding up the deal from beaing executed...

So are there any items out there such as a player who's BYC status is up in the next week or so, a free agent signing whose signing date is up and can now be traded, etcetera, etcetera..

any in the next few days or week? :reporter:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!
if one were to subscribe to the theory Sheed has been traded and they are not playing him not to risk injury. Once could ponder ther is something holding up the deal from beaing executed...

So are there any items out there such as a player who's BYC status is up in the next week or so, a free agent signing whose signing date is up and can now be traded, etcetera, etcetera..

any in the next few days or week? :reporter:
There shouldn't be any BYC players coming up but trade restrictions from another deal and or of a player signing could be.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts