Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a VC basher, but I don't understand why KO keeps making plays for Vince to shoot, esp. in clutch (which he hasn't been able to nail in a long time.) I know you guys will say "he's our best/franchise player" but my point is that, okay fine, give Vince the most opportunities out of our roster for shots, but if he's not making any of them (which lately he's been missing 10 in a row) then why don't we go to Bosh or Marshall, who both have over 50% FG%? It doesn't make any sense to me as to why KO is forcing Vince to shoot if he is having a bad game (which have most definitely been the last 7-8 games or so, pretty much all of January, except for the Detriot game, and he still in Detriot wasn't very good at clutch). So my point is that maybe KO is putting too much pressure on Vince and that he should wake up and see that he has a very talented rookie who is capable of hitting clutch shots (remember the 3-pointer to force the Rockets into overtime, and then scoring the most points, 10, in that overtime?)
So I don't *HATE* Vince like you all suggest us realists do, but I'm looking at things from a different perspective because I personally don't like "star" teams like the Sixers, Magic, etc. (and Toronto is pretty much one of them right now). Instead I think real teams with many quality, not necessarily star players, have way more depth and potential to win many games, and most imporantly, the ring, ie: Kings, Spurs, etc.
So all you people who think Vince should be our #1 at offence, give me one good reason and maybe I and the others who disagree with you will switch to your view. Because as of right now, Vince is just you're average NBA players, whether you'll choose to believe it or not (and yes, he was playing average BEFORE the injury, so don't use that as an excuse.)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I agree with you Milla.
I don't understand how no matter what KO always makes the offense run through Vince. Vince is not a bad player, but he's no where close to as good as he used to be. The problem with VC is that he still thinks that he's as good as he was before so assumes that he's the best in the league, and can hit most shots.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DINOSAUR</b>!
I agree with you Milla.
I don't understand how no matter what KO always makes the offense run through Vince. Vince is not a bad player, but he's no where close to as good as he used to be. The problem with VC is that he still thinks that he's as good as he was before so assumes that he's the best in the league, and can hit most shots.
Vince still creates oppurtunities for others when he gets double teamed, thus alloying Bosh, and Marshall open looks.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Vince is our primary penetrator, our best shooter, and the best at creating his own shot. Vince is more than willing to pass and didn't start forcing shots down the stretch until recently. he should be opening things up for his teammates, things just haven't been clicking recently. he's just as good, perhaps better, than he has ever been but defenses can play him differently now and KO should be able to use him effectively to create easy shots for teammates.

also, Vince isn't shooting a ton of shots compared to some of the other "stars". he usually takes fairly good shots in the flow of the offense. he's not selfish in this regard and has been passing the ball quite well most nights.

Vince should look to draw contact more and more as the season goes on if he's feeling well, especially come playoff time.

vince shouldn't get all the shots, we should have a very distributed offense. however, vince can be unguardable at times and has shown that he can make those around him better. he has played well in the clutch this season and should continue to do so.

·
Registered
564 Posts
simple..he draws more attention for the defence then anyone else on his team...thats why.. pretty simple isn;t it

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
That's like saying why should Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, and Shaquille O'Neal be their respective team's #1 Offensive Option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts