Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rosters for the Rookie Challenge game during the All-Star weekend were released today, and for some reason, T.J. Ford didn't make the cut.

Here's the roster for the rookie squad:

Carmelo Anthony
Chris Bosh
Udonis Haslem
LeBron James
Jarvis Hayes
Kirk Hinrich
Josh Howard
Chris Kaman
Dwyane Wade

Obviously, I can't argue with James, Anthony, Wade, Hinrich and Bosh making the team. And Josh Howard is having a nice year with Dallas. But surely T.J. should've been picked before either Haslem or Kaman, and even before Hayes, who started this season off great, but has been very inconsistent since early December.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
Definatley over hayse. and I'd personally say over hinrich, but he's having a really good year. TJ is currently 8th in the league in asts, and he has more rebs then most rookie big men. What a snub. I guess having your team 6 games over .500 and leading all rookies in asts doesn't matter if you don't score over 10 ppg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,070 Posts
he got snubbed..he shoulda been there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
i don't think haslem should have got into the team. Ford is much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,403 Posts
ford definitally deserves to be on the team, that is complete bs that he isnt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
I bet if we looked at the stats on how well the rookies' teams do when they are on the floor compared to off the floor TJ would be #1.

So many of the things he brings to the table are intangables but that doesn't show up in a score box so I guess people who haven't seen TJ can easily write him off. :rolleyes: :upset:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,963 Posts
I think Haslem is clearly the bottom rung there, but he probably made it just because the team needs some big men. I think Ford definitely should have made it over fellow perimeter player Jarvis Hayes though, and that's coming from a Wizards fan.

I also found this on Fox Sports' Dime Smack:

There was a report last night that the Bucks were so pissed that T.J. Ford didn't make the cuts for the Rookie Game during All-Star weekend, Bucks management actually called the League looking for an explanation. As of last night, they hadn't heard back. But Ford, doing his part, scored 10 points and dropped 10 dimes as his squad beat LeBron and the Cavs, 101-95 ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
And don't forget his 6 boards too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100,045 Posts
Unless Ford plans on playing Center or Power Forward on the squad, he doesn't deserve to be on the team. As for Hayes/Ford it's debateable, but Hayes numbers are indeed slightly better.

Hayes: 10.4 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.9 TPG, 40% FG%
Ford: 7.3 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 6.5 APG, 1.2 SPG, 2.7 TPG, 37.5% FG%

Ford has a huge advantage in assists, but that's it. Hayes outdoes Ford in every other category, including a big margin in points. Overall, I think Hayes earned it over Ford, plus the team already has 3 Point Guards(Wade, James and Hinrich) it needed a SF.
James...Hinrich
Wade...Howard
Anthony...Hayes
Bosh...(Haslem)
Kaman...Haslem

There's really no room for Ford on that squad, I don't think you can argue James, Hinrich or Wade, and Ford is strictly a PG, meaning he doesn't make the team. He's played very well this year, but he really doesn't deserve to be on the team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I think it sucks that TJ didn't get on the team. But, thinking about it, I hope the Bucks continue to fly below the radar for the rest of the year. I hope teams continue to underestimate them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,314 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!
Unless Ford plans on playing Center or Power Forward on the squad, he doesn't deserve to be on the team. As for Hayes/Ford it's debateable, but Hayes numbers are indeed slightly better.

Hayes: 10.4 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.9 TPG, 40% FG%
Ford: 7.3 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 6.5 APG, 1.2 SPG, 2.7 TPG, 37.5% FG%

Ford has a huge advantage in assists, but that's it. Hayes outdoes Ford in every other category, including a big margin in points. Overall, I think Hayes earned it over Ford, plus the team already has 3 Point Guards(Wade, James and Hinrich) it needed a SF.
James...Hinrich
Wade...Howard
Anthony...Hayes
Bosh...(Haslem)
Kaman...Haslem

There's really no room for Ford on that squad, I don't think you can argue James, Hinrich or Wade, and Ford is strictly a PG, meaning he doesn't make the team. He's played very well this year, but he really doesn't deserve to be on the team.
Yeah but you could have easily put Howard at 3 and move Hinrich to 2. The reason TJ has less points is because he has so many options plus everyone knows he is not the best shooter but has shot pretty good lately.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mavs Dude</b>!

Yeah but you could have easily put Howard at 3 and move Hinrich to 2. The reason TJ has less points is because he has so many options plus everyone knows he is not the best shooter but has shot pretty good lately.
Why should players have to play out of position so that Ford can be on the team, when he really doesn't deserve it? Hinrich is a PG, he earned a spot on the team as a PG, Period. He shouldn't have to play out of position so that Ford can be on the team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,950 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!
Unless Ford plans on playing Center or Power Forward on the squad, he doesn't deserve to be on the team. As for Hayes/Ford it's debateable, but Hayes numbers are indeed slightly better.

Hayes: 10.4 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.2 SPG, 1.9 TPG, 40% FG%
Ford: 7.3 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 6.5 APG, 1.2 SPG, 2.7 TPG, 37.5% FG%
you're telling me that 3 points and 1 rebound is better than 5 assists? at most the 3 points and a rebound could lead to 7 points(if the rebound leads to a 4 point play). at worst the 5 assists ends up with 10 point. i think that shows that the 5 assists is actually better.

i don't think we should be arguing ford and hayes though. ford's stats are just as good as hinrich's. there's nothing that should make him a lock, but ford not good enough for the team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rocketeer</b>!


you're telling me that 3 points and 1 rebound is better than 5 assists? at most the 3 points and a rebound could lead to 7 points(if the rebound leads to a 4 point play). at worst the 5 assists ends up with 10 point. i think that shows that the 5 assists is actually better.

i don't think we should be arguing ford and hayes though. ford's stats are just as good as hinrich's. there's nothing that should make him a lock, but ford not good enough for the team.
I'm willing to bet the numbers show that the Bucks do better with TJ in the lineup compared to the Bulls with Kirk.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top