Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How come no one likes Fizer? He has good potential. He was compared to Charles Barkley coming out of college. He can play SF. Jalen Rose can play SG. so why not start Fizer?

PG:Williams
SG:Rose
SF:Fizer
PF:Chandler
C:Curry

Bench:
Crawford
Hassel
Robinson
Marshall
Blount
Bagaric

What's wrong with that?

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Fizer is too slow to play the 3 and too short(he's only 6'7) to be a solid 4. Even though he's still bulls' best low post scorer....i doubt if he's gonna average more then 15 minutes a game this season. He was pretty good as a 6th man last year, and bulls should be smart enuff to bring him the same way this year.
He did show some signs of becoming a future all star last year.

The bulls will still have to go through one more season(possibly two) of mediocrity.....unless the HS's develop much earlier then expected, then MAYBE the bulls might have a shot at the postseason. It's still wishful thinkin' currently though. They r just WAY too weak defensively with Eddy and Tyson in the middle, Marshall at SF, Jalen at SG and the rookie, J-will at point.

They will be among the top 3 worst defensive teams in the league.....Offensively, they will be pretty damn excitin' to watch and should be able to average 95 a game.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SPMJ</b>!
Fizer is too slow to play the 3 and too short(he's only 6'7) to be a solid 4. Even though he's still bulls' best low post scorer....i doubt if he's gonna average more then 15 minutes a game this season. He was pretty good as a 6th man last year, and bulls should be smart enuff to bring him the same way this year.
He did show some signs of becoming a future all star last year.

The bulls will still have to go through one more season(possibly two) of mediocrity.....unless the HS's develop much earlier then expected, then MAYBE the bulls might have a shot at the postseason. It's still wishful thinkin' currently though. They r just WAY too weak defensively with Eddy and Tyson in the middle, Marshall at SF, Jalen at SG and the rookie, J-will at point.

They will be among the top 3 worst defensive teams in the league.....Offensively, they will be pretty damn excitin' to watch and should be able to average 95 a game.
fizer is bigger then elton brand

on a team like the sonics given 35mpg, fizer can average 18ppg, he just needs a team that is commited to playing him

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Here's my take on Marcus Fizer ...

Physically he's a taller version of Barkley. He's strong, broad-shouldered, moderately athletic, and has a pronounced butt. Unfortunately, the similarities between Marcus and Sir Charles end with the physical traits.

As a player, Fizer is definitely, and only, a PF. He's too slow to defend the league's average SF. As a PF, he is a pretty respectable low post scorer. He uses his body well to establish position in the post and can score with either hand. He's also able to knock down a 15-20 ft jumper if he has too. I've even seen him knock down some 3s. He's a step or two too slow when running the court on a fast break. Although he has the physical attributes of being a great rebounder, he doesn't have the knack. If I were Cartright, I'd make him watch tapes of Rodman day and night until he understood the fundamentals and importance of rebounding. In fact, I'd even take it a step futher and bench him the next game if he didn't grab a board for every 3 shot attempts. There's no excuse for Marcus not being a great rebounder. He also appearently doesn't acknowledge the term "pass" either. Because he hardly every does it. Once Marcus gets the ball in the post, you better bet he's taking a shot. However, toward the last couple of months of last season ... I started to notice a slight change in this area. I am still hopefull that Marcus will make it a point to pass more this season. As for his defensive skills ... they need a lot of work. Again, hopefully this season will be different. I really expect Marcus to have a breakout year.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Fizer will probably never be a full-time starter for an NBA team. WHY? Certainly, we all know that he's undersized. In addition to his size, he doesn't have a specialty. Offensively, he is an average scorer -- somewhat inconsistent. He doesn't rebound. Defensively, he doesn't play any. The guy just doesn't block. Ben Wallace is listed at 6'9 but more like 6'7 or so with the hair but blocks all kind of shots.

Overall, Fizer is too average or somewhat below average. Until he concentrates on one special area, he can only be a bench player.

Ohh, SCORING doesn't count. Cuz i don't think he can score more than Pierce, u know those top scorers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts