Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why aint pitt gettin the recognition thart they deserve now that there 17-0? i am just askin. pleese tell me y

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Because some people think that there schedule has been weak.

They've played a few teams, but still don't have that marquee win that puts them in most people's top 5's.

I thought they were a borderline top 10 team heading into the year, and so far I've had no reason to change my prediction.

We'll see how they do against the cream of the Big East crop...

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Because they have a VERY VERY VERY weak schedule..Have they even face a half way decent team yet? Once they get to playing decent teams they will get some respect...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pitt beat Alabama, Georgia, Florida State (ACC), and a very good Notre Dame team. I am willing to bet that these teams will be ranked by seasons end. Yeah sure Pitt's played their share of Murray States and what not, but they have a young team and you don't want an extremely tough schedule for a young team. Watch the Pitt vs. UCONN game on Monday night, you will not be dissapointed :yes:

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Black n Gold</b>!
Yeah sure Pitt's played their share of Murray States and what not,

Actually Murray St could qualify as a quality win - they are pretty good, and were undefeated with some decent victories before Pitt took them down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also, watch the RU Pitt game on Saturday...
That brings up a valid point. I hope Pitt doesn't look ahead to Monday night's game because Rutgers has a solid team this year that took UCONN to the wire. I'm just glad it's at the Petersen Events Center instead of at Rutgers, 'cause Rutgers is the worst place for a visiting team to play.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Black n Gold</b>!
Watch the Pitt vs. UCONN game on Monday night, you will not be dissapointed :yes:
Bring it on, dude...

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Hasn't Pitt played 15 of it's 17 games at home so far. That's just as bad as Syracuse when it comes to not leaving the state.

No really strong team should have such a lopsided schedule though I am very fond of the play of Troutman, Krauser and Taft this year.

Brown and Page are givens.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Its because UCONN's in the division, if you put Pitt in the big ten or big twelve then they are the best team but everyone knows that UCONN is the best team in that conference right now and also in america.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts