Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

why so many people think that...

1K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  Pasha The Great 
#1 ·
the wolves won't give up KG for t-mac? yes t-mac has bad back, but he's still like 5-6 years younger than KG, and t-mac is a dominant scorer, where as KG is more of versatile complimentary type of player-incapable of carrying a team for the scoring load.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Jethro said:
Mainly because no one would really think of trading a wing player for a great big man. Bigs > Wings, IMO. Along with Mcgrady's bad back, he's unreliable and can be out when your team needs him the most (like right now, Houston was in the playoff hunt them bam.. he back acts up and hes gone for a month)
now your taking it a little too far.....he hasn't had a season comparable to this one. THis is the same McGrady who played 78 games (miss 1 game due to a funeral & other 3gms were injuries) last season while leading the team in minutes.

But, no I wouldn't trade Garnett for McGrady....you dont trade down. Garnett's the better player and is more valuable cause he's a big. This trade would still leave Minny with one star with holes at other positions...

Reactions: Carbo04 and bbasok
#9 ·
Lets say Tmac went to the wolves and we did get Garnett in exchange. That leaves us with one of the best front courts probably since the Twin Towers or Kareem/Worthy era. BUT That would create problems for Houston on the wing. We just don’t have the quality reliable players if need be to dish out the ball and make the open shots.

Sure KG/Yao would cause nightmares for defensive teams(double teams...etc) but we’d need a wing player who can hit the open shots consistently and pass the ball down low.

Tmac for KG though? I dont know, honestly i wouldn’t mind KG/Yao because of the problems it causes for other teams and KG's versatility. Also his reliability is a huge plus, but Tmac is that outside threat that goes well with Yao being the inside threat.

It could be a win/win situation, or a Lose/Win situation as far as the rockets. Minny on the other hand, would just be screwed regardless what goes on...

#10 ·
Sith said:
the wolves won't give up KG for t-mac? yes t-mac has bad back, but he's still like 5-6 years younger than KG, and t-mac is a dominant scorer, where as KG is more of versatile complimentary type of player-incapable of carrying a team for the scoring load.

both side have to agree to a trade in order for the wolves to get tmac and the rockets are not willing to trade tracy, no matter how injury prone he is. T-Mac is getting an 8 month off season and may be getting surgery on his back so theres hope to not seeing any more injuries next season.

#11 ·
Sith said:
Let's not forget TMac's history wrt/ carrying a team.

#13 ·
You answered your own question.

TMac has a bad back and he said he might retire in a few years. For some reason, this bad back reminds me of Larry Johnson.

Trading for TMac won't solve the Wolves problems.

Sith said:

Reactions: bbasok
#15 ·
23 said:
Its just a retarded rockets homer fantasy.
What houston fan really wants this to happen? Look around the Rockets board and more then 75% of us dont want this trade and know it wont happen...

Also, you wont get KG value for KG, it never happens with high caliber stars....

#16 ·
23 said:
Garnett is better in what aspect?

Height?

Garnett is the man

Reactions: Carbo04
#17 ·
Sith said:
he's too much of a risk, if they trade KG away for Tmac and he can't play what's the point. Besides, Tracy has already shown he doesn't want to play for a team that needs to build. He's in houston on a team that could be very good once he's healthy, but trading him away would only put Minnesota in the shoes Orlando had to wear a few years ago.

#20 ·
Players such as Shawn Marion have higher trade value and more favorable contracts than Tracy McGrady.

Should KG be available Minnesota will definately get better offers than TMac. No team would trade anything for TMac at this point unless they are desperate to win now, like New York would send expiring contracts to take chances on guys like TMac.

That's why Minnesota won't trade Garnett for McGrady , it is an absolute downgrade for them, Moneywise it doesn't help them, they get the worse player, the smaller player, always injured player... no chance in hell.

#21 ·
Amareca said:
Players such as Shawn Marion have higher trade value and more favorable contracts than Tracy McGrady.

Should KG be available Minnesota will definately get better offers than TMac. No team would trade anything for TMac at this point unless they are desperate to win now, like New York would send expiring contracts to take chances on guys like TMac.

That's why Minnesota won't trade Garnett for McGrady , it is an absolute downgrade for them, Moneywise it doesn't help them, they get the worse player, the smaller player, always injured player... no chance in hell.
Interesting how your pathetic little self has to bring in a Phoenix player into every argument. Where the hell did Marion come into play?
Allow me to make a comment. Shaquille O'neal in his prime is FAR SUPERIOR to Shawn Marion, Steve Nash, or Amare Stoudemire. Sweet, true, and relevant. I'm loving it.

#22 ·
Because Shawn Marion was mentioned in trade rumors with Garnett before the trade deadline, even mentioned it himself.

I said such as, basically I could have named ANY current allstar and he'd have more trade value than TMAc.

Rockets would be lucky if they could still get expiring contracts and picks for TMac's albatross, they are not going to get an allstar in it's prime or before for TMac. Kevin Garnett should net Minnesota that.

Look at what little value TMac had last time he was traded, since then his value has hit rock bottom.

#23 ·

There is no reason Minny would do this deal. Regardless of who you think is better or the comments bashing Tmac ... none of that matters.

Minny currently is a one star team. Trading KG for Tmac makes them ... a one star team. Talk about running in place.

If Minny decides to trade KG they aren't going to get equal value in return and be able to turn around and make a really good team. If they decide to trade KG they do it for young players with potential, cap space, and draft picks and start the rebuilding process.

#24 ·
Amareca said:
Because Shawn Marion was mentioned in trade rumors with Garnett before the trade deadline, even mentioned it himself.

I said such as, basically I could have named ANY current allstar and he'd have more trade value than TMAc.

Rockets would be lucky if they could still get expiring contracts and picks for TMac's albatross, they are not going to get an allstar in it's prime or before for TMac. Kevin Garnett should net Minnesota that.

Look at what little value TMac had last time he was traded, since then his value has hit rock bottom.
As I can recall, about a quarter of the league was RUMORED to have trade connections to Garnett. Why not mention them instead? Even then, naming other players rumored in the trade barely has any relevance in the topic, which concerns only Tmac and KG.
Nice try, but your ridiculous homerism still shows through.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
bronx43 said:
As I can recall, about a quarter of the league was RUMORED to have trade connections to Garnett. Why not mention them instead? Even then, naming other players rumored in the trade barely has any relevance in the topic, which concerns only Tmac and KG.
Nice try, but your ridiculous homerism still shows through.
Because I am a Suns fans?

Who would I think of first? Mmmm ok I writing this now, Shawn Marion, nooo I have to rethink of someone else I mention because otherwise I am a homer by saying that. lol...... seriously this is funny.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Amareca said:
Because I am a Suns fans?

Who would I think of first? Mmmm ok I writing this now, Shawn Marion, nooo I have to rethink of someone else I mention because otherwise I am a homer by saying that. lol...... seriously this is funny.
My point was that you could have added a few more names in there to at least try to hide your sickening homerism, which undoubtly exists. Even if you did, it wouldn't hide the fact that any comparisons with other players is completely irrelevant to the topic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.