Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have really liked to rant about the bulls mistakes with carter. What's the big deal about caps? It's not like they hurt your eyes or you can hear them.

I just would have liked a chance to assert that Chandler will be much better than Brand one day, perhaps next year.

Has the power gone to your head?

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lorgg</b>!
I would have really liked to rant about the bulls mistakes with carter. What's the big deal about caps? It's not like they hurt your eyes or you can hear them.

I just would have liked a chance to assert that Chandler will be much better than Brand one day, perhaps next year.

Has the power gone to your head?
The power gone to my head? How so?

I asked him to tone it down and he came to me in caps. So how is that doing what I asked? Politely.

Caps is considered yelling. So how is that toning it done??

Question? Why didn't you come to me in pm, instead of making a thread about this??

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does it feel to be called out openly...You did it to me and I did not appreciate it! Remember?????
Maybe you should have PM'd a rookie...I'm still new here.

thread is closed.

lorgg feels the need to take manners in his own hands and has changed his posting from a thread about rose to a thread about spook.

To keep this thread from getting out of hand and consider the fact Lorgg ignored my plea to stop posting in this manner, I close it.

November winner of the ribs was: MJG
December winner of the ribs was: Rynobot
Janurary winner of the ribs was: rlucas4257

:cry: :cry: :p

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
How does it feel to be called out openly...You did it to me and I did not appreciate it! Remember?????

Wow, thats an extremely good point u have there. i never looked at it that way ey.

I mean especially if it wasnt swearing or anything, if a mod does consider a post to be borderline, or offensive, why not PM a poster.

They are quite cabaple of editing their posts themselves. Extreamly good point, if u are to be singled out and edited in the public eye. Then the reasoning and discussion behind it should also be done in the public eye.

i agree. (unless ofcourse the edited piece was something really bad)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I simply was arguing with spook b/c he was calling UC fans ignorant and Bulls fans in general. So I called him ignorant for that.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
TBF was simply attempting to avoid baiting on this board.

It's one thing to say, "Hey, the Nuggetz are the greatest team ever and the Bullz completely suck simply because they are not the Nugz" or even to say "The Grizzlies rock and these are all the things wrong with the Bullz and thus my team is better than yours"

But it's quite another thing to jump in, openly provoke the posters on the board, and say "Your team is horrible, I would like to re-hash how bad it is, and I have no real experience with this board but I'm going to flame yall anyway."

I don't know if Carter82 was quite there, but TBF decided that it was headed in that direction and the response to trueblue's warning in the thread was confirmation of that suspicion. I think he put it out publicly for the benefit of others from the board browsing the thread.

By the way, coming on and posting something that has been posted many many times with the purpose of disrupting the board is directly in violation of the bbb.net guidelines:

Posts that intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic materially away from the focus of the forum and related news are disruptive. Disruption can also include harassment, multiple posting of the same post, multiple posting on forums for the sole purpose of being noted as the last poster, and posting completely off-topic messages.

In all, this is not a big deal. The mods, CM's, and admins work incredibly hard to keep this board the best on the Net, and keeping a forum focused is a big part of that.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I will be closing this thread. Please feel free to PM me, truebluefan, or any of the other mods or CM's if you have any questions about the guidelines. Thanks. :)

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts

thread is closed.

lorgg feels the need to take manners in his own hands and has changed his posting from a thread about rose to a thread about spook.

To keep this thread from getting out of hand and consider the fact Lorgg ignored my plea to stop posting in this manner, I close it.

November winner of the ribs was: MJG
December winner of the ribs was: Rynobot
Janurary winner of the ribs was: rlucas4257

I will not say anything else on this, exept these next few statements"

1. Please familiarize yourself with the guidelines. When you defend something you need to realize what you are defending. "taking matters into ones own hands" is exactly what we do not want. When posters start name calling and baiting similar to the way this thread started is never constructive. Most of the time, the thread deteriorates to being about the poster! from there the poster lashes out even more and before you know it we have a thread full of junk. The thread would have had nothing to do with the topic of Bulls trades before all is said and done.

2. I never closed the thread over what he said. I asked him to tone it down. I never told him not to post his opinion. Simply back back off of the attitude. Obviously he never did that.

3. Calling out? Not the first time and not the last.

5. Why do I think you think you needed to pm me? Because you saw the result of what I did. A simple pm to ask me why would have done the trick. Calling out people many times backfires on people. In your case this is not a put down of you, but a simple fact you did not know the guidelines of the site could have been dicussed in private instead of letting everyone know, you had no idea or even an inkling as to why I closed a thread. Pming me could have saved you some embarrassment.

6. I am easy to talk to. Pm or otherwise. Had the poster in question toned it down a little, the thread would have remained open.

7. as for the dramatics of ensinuating that I was going to close this thread, if that is entertaining to you and makes you feel better, then I hope you do. But certainly misleading. You are only entertaining yourself among hundreds of bulls posters.

8. We hardly ever close a thread in here. When we do we have our reasons based on past experiences.

Showtyme. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.