Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a million plus trade proposals lately.....

Incredible. We are trading everyone but Hinrich and Chandler it seems.

What I don't think any of the trades proposed do is make us a tremendously better team. The results of most of the trades only gives a different defficiency or older fix.

If we are trading to shake things up....it's not going to work. That's what the Rose trade essentially was.

If we are trading to improve ourselves dramatically, then we need to wait till the end of the season to move one of the young guys with our pick and filler like E-Rob.

If we want to trade at the or before the deadline it should be from a mix of Davis, JYD, Fizer and E-Rob. These guys don't make us better or worse.

At the trade deadline I can see Davis being of value to a team looking for an inside veteran presence. Beyond that, trading the youth might make us suck less, but only marginally.

Trading Curry or Chandler makes absolutely no sense at this point. We aren't getting any value for them.

Atleast with Crawford, a team trading for them can sell their fans on "this guy can score and play two positions at a elite level in the next year or two. He has shown flashes and has been on a team without an inside presence."

I don't think we will get value for Curry, so no more trading him. Trading Crawford is going to get us less now, than we will be able to get when teams now who is available in the draft and their chances of selecting what they need.

Bottom line: Trading to make us marginally better in the short term is not an improvement I'm looking for and praying that Paxson is thinking along the same lines.

You want our youth, bring us something that improves us for years to come as well.

No more trades that make other teams beter for years to come and only improve us for 30 games.

·
Registered
29 Posts
your right we should just stay with what we have as far as curry,chandler, crawford, and hinrich goes. the guys we should be lookin to move are davis, JYD, E-robbery- and fizer. Even if we can't move davis i will not be back because unlike jalen he wants to be in chicago and he wants to help curry and he is backin curry up when ppl are talkin trash about him and about him being a bust and that is the type of guy we need to be behind curry giving him support right now. We should just see what happens for the rest of the year if we get a draft pick maybe we can pick up okafor and play him at the SF postion but if we can not get him we should just package the trade and get someone we can use. We need to give skiles a summer of boot camp for these guys and get them in shape cuz bill definatly did not do that. Personally i'd like to keep davis around , yes i know that he takes up alot of the payroll but who is a real big free agent coming up this year besides kobe and for all u out there that believe we have a chance at him we dont he is going to stay in LA if not with the lakers he'll go and play with the clippers, so i say y not keep davis and allow him to help curry out and turn him into the player we all believed he could be since the day we drafted him....

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
I'm all for standing PAT and letting our young guyz develop. Trades have done nothing but bring more frustration and losing to this franchise since the dynasty's breakup.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm for standing firm and waiting to see this team learn and develop. We've got way, way too many people here who are into immediate gratification and if they don't get it - well, time to cut a deal.

Just as a point, JR (Jerry Reinsdorf) and the other investors in the Bull's franchise did not make their money by being stock market "day traders". But that's what we look like (with all the trade proposals & the wheeling and dealing efforts) - if somebody isn't performing this week, well it's "bye bye - you're gone" and we get a new Flavor of The Week.

This organization doesn't operate that way - and if Pax started to operate like that, he wouldn't be in his current job for very long.

Let's consider the timing issues here, also.

1. For better or worse (based on how we've been going), we're going to be a lottery pick, and maybe a very desirable lottery pick.

2. We're going to be getting a much better piture of Jay William's recovery over the next 6 months. Notice how all the talk of a JayWill contract buyout has floated off into nowhere?

As far as Bull's trades go, if we're close (or at) to bottom, well, common sense tells you now's not the time to trade. Market value in this business is as much perception as anything else - so why we try & cut a deal if we are at the bottom of the cycle?

Looks to me like the other GM's around the League are hoping like hell that the Bull's organization panics so they can "cherry pick" us for talent.

I think that we cut the Bulls some slack and let both Skiles & Pax work their magic for this year and over the summer.

Course, I go back a ways - and I remember a Bulls team with a certain hotshot player who Chicago media types were always saying that the Bulls couldn't win the big games/series when it counted. Of course, then we only went out & won 6 NBA championships.:D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
If we made a trade, we need to bring in someone who can be productive immediately -- like Marbury of the Knicks.

Here is an example one:

JC/Chandler for The FRANCHISE. or Hinrich/Chandler for the FRANCHISE.

This makes sense for us. I don't know about the Rockets. This makes sense for them too - kind of. Yao is about to bust out so he needs good supporting role players. The FRANCHISE is not that player. He is a superstar himself.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I want them to go through an offseason with Skiles before we make an honest effort to move them.

If we can get Lewis, Pierce, Tmac or someone like that for them, then do it. But most of the scenarios are just shakeups that might win us a game or two at first, but will be terrible for the long run.

I've seen Chris Kaman for Curry deals, straight up. That tells me his value is low to other teams fans, and probably other teams GMs. They think they can get Curry for cheap. Curry as a lazy bum puts up better numbers (usually in the first quarter alone) than Chris Kaman. No offense to Kaman, hes a good hustle player.

Stick with the core, put em through a hard offseason and see where to go by late November. If they still arent producing then its time to start thinking about it.

I think we'll really reap the benefits by waiting this out.

·
Banned
780 Posts
2 reseasons why i dont want to stand pat.

1 being we suck badly and its broke so fix it.

2 is a bit longer so bear with me,i said from day one we shouldnt have takin curry i dont know why at the time i didnt like him but my gut said this guy is a loser and now thats ez to see.

i started to dislike JC when he started cryin about JWill playin in front of him,askin for a trade,and overall just being a dick and havent like him sence nor will i ever like him i mean how can a guy want only whats best for him and not the team but still be anything usefull to that team?

i could go on and on about JC but ill spare you this time.the main reseason i dont want to stand pat is this,back at the end of last season to the start of this season we could have got a boat load for JC or EC but we didnt trade we stood pat with them beleavein they were something they are not,well now look at what we could get for them not even 1/2 of what we could have,now whos to say that this time next yr they will even be as good as they are now?

do you really want to be stuck with the JC and EC of today for the next 3 seasons?bc thats what we will have if they dont step it up or we dont make a trade ASAP..now go weight the worth vs the risk...

·
Banned
780 Posts
i also wanted to add this about JC.

if ever JC was going to or could have takin this team over and proved himself to be a leader it was around xmas time when TC,EC,PIP were all out and everything was on JC,if this kid was even 1/2 as good as you guys think he is,he should have scored 30-40 points every night.you cant ask for much more then to be the only scorer out on the floor for a team,if the kid was going to be great he would have shown it then...

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bulls</b>!
i also wanted to add this about JC.

if ever JC was going to or could have takin this team over and proved himself to be a leader it was around xmas time when TC,EC,PIP were all out and everything was on JC,if this kid was even 1/2 as good as you guys think he is,he should have scored 30-40 points every night.you cant ask for much more then to be the only scorer out on the floor for a team,if the kid was going to be great he would have shown it then...
OMG, you think Crawford should just "take over" and score 30-40 a night with Pip/TC/EC all out? Damn dude. This is a TEAM game. Crawford is a nice young developing player, he isn't Paul Pierce or T-Mac. I think you should have more realistic expectations of him and then maybe you wouldn't hate him so much.

Also, just to comment on the thread in general. I agree wholeheartedly. The only deals I would make would be dealing some of our vets to teams in the hunt. I wouldn't trade Curry, Crawford, Hinrich, OR Chandler unless it was just TOO good to pass up.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

OMG, you think Crawford should just "take over" and score 30-40 a night with Pip/TC/EC all out? Damn dude. This is a TEAM game. Crawford is a nice young developing player, he isn't Paul Pierce or T-Mac. I think you should have more realistic expectations of him and then maybe you wouldn't hate him so much.

Also, just to comment on the thread in general. I agree wholeheartedly. The only deals I would make would be dealing some of our vets to teams in the hunt. I wouldn't trade Curry, Crawford, Hinrich, OR Chandler unless it was just TOO good to pass up.
Have you heard some of the JC lovers on this board inc your self?and you missed my point but at the same time proved a point yourself.my point was that i didnt think the guy was any good but if he was as good as you JC lovers say he is that should have been the time he proved it.

you think JC is something great just waitin to blow up right?after all you are the bigest JC lover ive ever seen,but at the sametime you dont feel he could/should have takin this team over and scored close 30-40ppg with NO ONE ELSE on the floor to score?well that makes no sence if hes going to be anything close to what you guys make him out to be it would have happend then not after everyone comes back..
make up your mind man if you dont think the kid has those type of games in him then how can you say he's going to be great .

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bulls</b>!

Have you heard some of the JC lovers on this board inc your self?and you missed my point but at the same time proved a point yourself.my point was that i didnt think the guy was any good but if he was as good as you JC lovers say he is that should have been the time he proved it.

you think JC is something great just waitin to blow up right?after all you are the bigest JC lover ive ever seen,but at the sametime you dont feel he could/should have takin this team over and scored close 30-40ppg with NO ONE ELSE on the floor to score?well that makes no sence if hes going to be anything close to what you guys make him out to be it would have happend then not after everyone comes back..
make up your mind man if you dont think the kid has those type of games in him then how can you say he's going to be great .
I think Jamal has the POTENTIAL to be a great player. He isn't there yet. Right now he is probably best suited as a 2nd option. And above all else Jamal is a team player so how you expect him to excel with some of the teams best players is beyond me.

I'm a Jamal fan because I know what he is capable of doing. Right now he isn't capable of doing it full time every game. He is still developing. But you can easily see how he can be a star. Look at yesterdays game. 27 points on great shooting, 7assts, 5rebs, and he played great defense on Rose to boot. It's a lot easier for Jamal to score when he has TY & EC in the game to kick the ball out to him and to draw attention in the middle.

Anyway, YES, I am a Jamal Crawford fan. But I don't think he should be able to go out and put up 30 or 40 every night. Nor do I think thats what the team should be looking for him to do. I think the people that dislike Jamal see what he is now as a finished project when he is actually a lot more of a work in progress.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

I think Jamal has the POTENTIAL to be a great player. He isn't there yet. Right now he is probably best suited as a 2nd option. And above all else Jamal is a team player so how you expect him to excel with some of the teams best players is beyond me.

I'm a Jamal fan because I know what he is capable of doing. Right now he isn't capable of doing it full time every game. He is still developing. But you can easily see how he can be a star. Look at yesterdays game. 27 points on great shooting, 7assts, 5rebs, and he played great defense on Rose to boot. It's a lot easier for Jamal to score when he has TY & EC in the game to kick the ball out to him and to draw attention in the middle.

Anyway, YES, I am a Jamal Crawford fan. But I don't think he should be able to go out and put up 30 or 40 every night. Nor do I think thats what the team should be looking for him to do. I think the people that dislike Jamal see what he is now as a finished project when he is actually a lot more of a work in progress.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sanity in an otherwise bleek outlook here. its amazing how few of you actully use you thinking head... when it comes to the bulls.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hey guys its been awhile, I can see things are still bad here. To most everyones shock I want to respond about Crawford. He needs to be moved because he is a PG. True he can slide over and play the SG some but he is for all purposes a PG. Will he improve as a player, of course. Does he have a high ceiling, absolutely. Is that ceiling as a SG, no! Should he be the Bulls starting PG, no! Should he be a starting PG somewhere, yes! Now lets just find someone willing to trade for him to be their PG. Seattle,Clippers, where are you?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!
Hey guys its been awhile, I can see things are still bad here. To most everyones shock I want to respond about Crawford. He needs to be moved because he is a PG. True he can slide over and play the SG some but he is for all purposes a PG. Will he improve as a player, of course. Does he have a high ceiling, absolutely. Is that ceiling as a SG, no! Should he be the Bulls starting PG, no! Should he be a starting PG somewhere, yes! Now lets just find someone willing to trade for him to be their PG. Seattle,Clippers, where are you?
I agree with the assertion that he is primarily a pg. I'm actually kind of surprised to see you agree with me on that though. Of course, that doesn't mean that with another season to add some muscle that he can't move to the sg spot, he just isn't ready for that right now. And he may never be since he is such a rhythm player. Right now I think that he & Hinrich should be splitting minutes at the point and off the ball. I'm obviously not a proponent of trading JC. BUt I can see where your reasoning is coming from.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think neither JC or Kirk should be getting anything significant in terms of mintues at SG. With the current roster however we have no choice. Both guys are PG's that should be playing 35+ minutes at PG. Crawford shouldn't make himself a SG. He needs to play PG, just not here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts