Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
The Expiring contracts might be tempting

And this would be because RJ has lead a team on his own successfully....wait no, thats not true

OR

Because Vince is a lockerroom problem...wait no, thats also not true. I don't recall the last time Vince got into trouble with the law or such.
Because Vince is a heartless, gutless wonder.

But I'm sure he's a nice guy.

·
immortal
1,622 Posts
And this would be because RJ has lead a team on his own successfully....wait no, thats not true

OR

Because Vince is a lockerroom problem...wait no, thats also not true. I don't recall the last time Vince got into trouble with the law or such.
There's no I in team and no player is above the team RJ compliments players better than Vince does. The fans didn't vote Vince to the ASG or RJ bc of the record they voted in Caron Butler then Ray Ray.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
RJ compliments players when HE IS not the focal point of the offense. When VC is gone, RJ will undoubtedly be the Nets go to guy and that spells disaster.

I don't get the whole Ray Ray and Caron Butler mention. Joe Johnson got voted to the allstar squad and wasn't playing better than either VC or RJ. Heck his team isnt even in the playoffs

·
immortal
1,622 Posts
He's at his best in transition and as the 2nd option.
If Vc is traded the team would work with Devin Harris, RJ, Swat and Boone and a resigned Krstic.
They'd have the draft picks, cap room to build a better team if that's the plan.
RJ could also be traded in the offseason.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Well I am not saying RJ is a bad player, I just think if the Nets don't want to fall into the same mistake they did with Vince, they should trade him whilst is value is high.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Vince needs to go and at this point the team is heading into another direction. So I say lets trade Vince to whoever wants him, his value isn't high right now. So if Indiana wants him I dont see why we cant make the deal happen. Then maybe O'Neal puts together a steller second half that reminds people of how good he once was. He then opts out and signs somewhere else.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Vince needs to go and at this point the team is heading into another direction. So I say lets trade Vince to whoever wants him, his value isn't high right now. So if Indiana wants him I dont see why we cant make the deal happen. Then maybe O'Neal puts together a steller second half that reminds people of how good he once was. He then opts out and signs somewhere else.
JON probably will not play again this season.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Thorn only interest in O'neal is that his contract expires sooner than Vince's..

I highly doubt Thorn was "unhappy" about resigning Vince.. The guy's not a cancer like Marbury and Randolph.. Thorn is right now trying to move him, because his contract, which extends into the Brooklyn era and increases at that, isn't conducive to rebuilding.. Vince's contract would also still be on the books when the big FA's come out while JO's will be off..
JO is 26. People forgt that. JO,Kristic, Harris,RJ thats a nice makeup for a team. All we need is too trade Marcus. I think he sucks anyway so trade him and try and get Lowry. If we get Miller its evn better hes 26 too.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
But he will play IF he gets dealt. Otherwise there is no reason for him to play this season. Esspiecially when Indiana wants to trade him.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
I'd trade Carter before he demands a trade and lowers that value. That's not a knock on his past. If Kidd wants to play for a contender, it's perfectly logical to predict that Carter, a declining star, will soon follow suit.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts