Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Do you think JO or the Pacers would flat out admit what they're doing? He is using the sit out angle until a deal comes along. Think about it.
Pacers' front office expressed disappointment when JON said he wanted to sit out the rest of the season.

JON has only played 33 games this year. You think that makes trading him easier for the Pacers?

·
immortal
1,622 Posts

·
immortal
1,622 Posts

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Dave D'Allessandro says no way will Vince be traded YET. Offseason might be another story though

·
immortal
1,622 Posts
On ESPN2 bottom of the screen the day of the deadline:

Thorn said the team won't trade Vince Carter.
"We're not going to move Vince. Not before the trade deadline anyway."

·
Registered
866 Posts
VC wasnt traded an Im glad. We should make the palyoffs. Keepp Carter here people can learn from him. Giving him away is stupid. By the times Vince's contract isup we can sign Lebron. Trading for exp. contracts NEVER makes a team succsful. Who would we sgn this offseason Brand?

·
immortal
1,622 Posts
VC wasnt traded an Im glad. We should make the palyoffs. Keepp Carter here people can learn from him. Giving him away is stupid. By the times Vince's contract isup we can sign Lebron. Trading for exp. contracts NEVER makes a team succsful. Who would we sgn this offseason Brand?
Michael Pietrus would be a great backup sf and Fred Jones to a 1 yr deal.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I kind of like that VC wasn't traded. I can't believe I'm saying this...(Mr. Montross, avert your eyes): This is truly "his" team now. I do not in any way now condone the typical "Vince" style play that made me so frustrated with him since che came here. It's just that ever since the JKidd trade became inevitable, I, as mentioned a couple weeks ago, have actually enjoyed watching him play. His assists have been up as well as his rebounds and his fg%. It's clear he physically has a bit of extra pop in his step, but more imortantly, there seems to be a flash or pop in him mentally(maybe he realizes, this is it; his legacy will be formed from here on in). Either way, I'm curious if he's up to the challenege to be the best "all-around" Vince Carter he can be???? If he answers that call consistently, this could actually be a refreshing, interesting 2nd half the season to watch....

Okay kids, I'm gonna try this on for size, nobody hurt themselves laughing:
"LET'S Go VINCE!"

·
Registered
866 Posts
I kind of like that VC wasn't traded. I can't believe I'm saying this...(Mr. Montross, avert your eyes): This is truly "his" team now. I do not in any way now condone the typical "Vince" style play that made me so frustrated with him since che came here. It's just that ever since the JKidd trade became inevitable, I, as mentioned a couple weeks ago, have actually enjoyed watching him play. His assists have been up as well as his rebounds and his fg%. It's clear he physically has a bit of extra pop in his step, but more imortantly, there seems to be a flash or pop in him mentally(maybe he realizes, this is it; his legacy will be formed from here on in). Either way, I'm curious if he's up to the challenege to be the best "all-around" Vince Carter he can be???? If he answers that call consistently, this could actually be a refreshing, interesting 2nd half the season to watch....

Okay kids, I'm gonna try this on for size, nobody hurt themselves laughing:
"LET'S Go VINCE!"
WOW IM SPECHLESS.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts