Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What possible reason would a mod have to lock it? No one said anything wrong, or broke any rule as far as I can tell. Asking for a link or an address is not against the rules.

·
Registered
673 Posts
What possible reason would a mod have to lock it? No one said anything wrong, or broke any rule as far as I can tell. Asking for a link or an address is not against the rules.
Well, it was off topic. It has nothing to do with the Trailblazers.

If you don't like this forum, leave. Don't be such a drama queen.

·
Registered
922 Posts
The only reason I even check this site anymore is to see who else is getting pissed at the Mods. They ruined this site, no one else. Unfortunately S2 is still not what this site used to be. This site has been taken over by the "Zidane" crowd. One sentence posts that come from 18 year olds. Sucks.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I like the Blazers. I'm 25. Zing! I think that with a lot of homers leaving this board will get a little more refreshed. It was the same ideas being thrown around over and over with the same people giving each other **** about the same topics. Look at last season for example, it was Bash Jarret Jack every single day.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
A mod didn't lock it. I did.

It's the same idiotic rant thread that's already been done here numerous times, and borders on active recruitment away from here in a particularly unsubtle fashion. Moreover, I'm no longer interested in semantic arguments about how far someone can push matters in terms of pulling posters away. If someone has found his true love over at another site, that's all very nice for him. But for those posters to come back here and pull a combination rant/recruitment thread is not going to happen.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A mod didn't lock it. I did.

It's the same idiotic rant thread that's already been done here numerous times, and borders on active recruitment away from here in a particularly unsubtle fashion. Moreover, I'm no longer interested in semantic arguments about how far someone can push matters in terms of pulling posters away. If someone has found his true love over at another site, that's all very nice for him. But for those posters to come back here and pull a combination rant/recruitment thread is not going to happen.
I think most of us just want to post in a forum with a lot of people, so we can get the most input. I think most of us are members of several forums including s2. Seems a shame some people who might not be around as much as others won't get a chance to find out where the mosre active forums are. I understand this sites view as well though

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
It's not those who left that are drawing posters away, it's those left in charge that are DRIVING them away.

I'll probably get banned for that, but at this point, who cares. What's the point of a basketball board where nobody talks about basketball?

BNM

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I don't think it's fair to say any of us are currently driving members away; I know you all thought that once everything went down, but for the last few weeks, there have been no problems with the Blazers board. People are leaving on their own, which is unfortunate, but if that's what they want to do, then so be it.

And no, you're not going to get banned.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
What is going to make posters go, stay and/or come to this forum are good Blazer basketball posts.

I think a lot of us surf both sites because we have come to enjoy many posters takes on the Blazers and those posters are still divided (not equally) between these 2 boards.

I think/hope the mods have learned a little something from that 2 week battle and it doesn't appear there is an on going problem (except for Dre erasing my thread the other day).

But maybe the damage is already done as the posters who were chased off are frequent posters with good and different ideas about the Blazers. I never understood why they chased those posters off . . . those posters were doing the heavy work for this forum.

If posters want this board to come alive again . . . start posting.

(Disclaimer: I post on both sites and like the other site better, but competition is a good thing and should force the sites to compete against each other to have the best product.)

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
but for the last few weeks, there have been no problems with the Blazers board.
Of course there are no problems, nobody is posting.

People are leaving on their own, which is unfortunate, but if that's what they want to do, then so be it.
I was totally oblivious to the original blow-up that lead to the mass exodus. I don't read the OT forum, I don't post there and I don't give a crap about anything that happens there. To me, it doesn't exist and is totally irrelevent - until it starts to affect what goes on in the main board.

So, I had NO idea what went down and still don't care. However, it was the actions of some of the moderators in threads here in the main forum ABOUT the blow-up that have made me seriously consider leaving. I'd hate to do so. I'm an old fart and pretty set in my habits. I don't like change. However, when certain mods started calling people names, baiting posters and behaving in a generally divisive manner, that's when I started to consider leaving.

I'm just one poster. So, if I stay or go is no big deal, and if I leave it will be in silence with no formal announcement or big "I'M LEAVING" post. However, just so you know, if I do leave it will be because of the actions of the moderators in the aftermath of the big blow-up - not what happened during the blown-up (which I don't care about). I always thought it was the job of the moderatores to moderate - to help hold the forum together, not to be divisive and drive people away.

BNM

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
man, im not hte biggest fan of realgm, but even they dont care if you mention other sites. this site has become paranoia and is done.
peace
Let me clear this up....

It's 100% fine to mention any other site or board you want here if its about Blazers or basketball and pertains to a thread. Its not ok to make threads that specifically point posters to other forums or sites though. So it's really about purpose MAS.....if you want to point to realgm or S2 for info then go for it but point there and calling for a mass exodus isn't gonna work. These same rules apply to realgm, ESPN, scout.com and other boards.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
A fan will go where their needs are met. I can post within the guidelines of a forum, but my needs are to be with the fans I came to respect. They've migrated, and so will I. I don't care about the feud that was built between these fans and this forum. I disagree with this forum, and censorship in general, but I can respect a forum's right to its own rules and I can tolerate it for the reasons I come here. Unfortunately, I come here for those fans. Almost all of them are gone now. They chose a different product for their own reasons, and I can respect that. There's nothing for me here now.

I gave $20 to this website. There's probably nothing more it needs from me now. Don't spend it all in one place. ;)

·
Registered
922 Posts
All these posts by Mods and "Administrators" still don't answer the fact that on most days, year around, you have at least 50 members online posting or reading. Nowadays when I look there are 12-15 and most of the new posts are threads like this bashing the site. As I said awhile back, the mods and "Administrators" on this site do not like the way the Blazer fans dominated this board. So they managed to drive away most of the intelligent posters who drove the Basketball conversation on this board. I suggest people do what I did. Send an email to Wagerline and some of the other advertisers on the site and tell them why you no longer visit the site. Tell them where you are posting and maybe they will start funneling their advertising dollars to a website that cares about their customers. Too bad guys like Basel, Kystic and other ruined what was once a great place to visit and my first click when I was looking for Blazer news and opinion. Great job.:clap:

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
All these posts by Mods and "Administrators" still don't answer the fact that on most days, year around, you have at least 50 members online posting or reading. Nowadays when I look there are 12-15 and most of the new posts are threads like this bashing the site. As I said awhile back, the mods and "Administrators" on this site do not like the way the Blazer fans dominated this board. So they managed to drive away most of the intelligent posters who drove the Basketball conversation on this board. I suggest people do what I did. Send an email to Wagerline and some of the other advertisers on the site and tell them why you no longer visit the site. Tell them where you are posting and maybe they will start funneling their advertising dollars to a website that cares about their customers. Too bad guys like Basel, Kystic and other ruined what was once a great place to visit and my first click when I was looking for Blazer news and opinion. Great job.:clap:
This is incorrect. Perhaps what you mean to say is correct, but here (as stated) that is not the case.

Carry on.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
yyeeehhhhaa

1 - 20 of 184 Posts