Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
So I can post this because I think it's an interesting thread?

http://**************/forums/showthread.php?t=126066

Evidently not. Seems the "forum that shall not be named" is strictly verboten in any and all contexts around here.

Does google block searches containing the word yahoo? No, they don't. In fact, if you run a google search on the term yahoo, yahoo.com gets number 1 placement in the organic search results. The reverse is also true. Seems neither of these companies is afraid of a little competition. They have decided to compete based on the merits of their products rather than burying their heads in the sand and hoping nobody notices that their competitors exist.

A month ago, this board was active and vibrant enough that they wouldn't have had to resort to blocking out the names of other forums to keep people from leaving. People came here for the content and the intelligent discourse. Now, it appears blocking the name of a competitor is the final desparate attempt to hold onto the handful of active posters that haven't already left.

It really is sad how quickly this forum went from being THE place to discuss Blazers basketball to being a virtual ghost town.

BNM

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
LOL, censorship at it's best.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
All these posts by Mods and "Administrators" still don't answer the fact that on most days, year around, you have at least 50 members online posting or reading. Nowadays when I look there are 12-15 and most of the new posts are threads like this bashing the site.
you do realize that basketballforum.com is larger than just the blazers forum, right?

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
you do realize that basketballforum.com is larger than just the blazers forum, right?
Yes, that's true, but before the recent mass exodus, the Blazers forum was THE most active team forum on this site. Now, it's a ghost town and THIS is the only active thread.

So sad.

Just a month ago there were hundreds of Blazer related BASKETBALL posts every day - during the slowest part of the off-season. Now the Blazers forum here is rapidly headed the way of the 76ers forum (they haven't had a single new post this month).

BNM

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
And you do realize, that even now after the mass exodus, as I write this, the Blazer board currently has 1/3 of all the traffic in this basketball forum... ? Right?

Go to google, type "sports two" (all one word) and go to the forums.. No Personal Attacks. Carry On. Seriously, why are any of you still here? To talk about how bad it is here?

Now ban me, my soul is prepared.

·
Registered
981 Posts
would one of you kindly pm me the link of the "other" board? i don't post often, but do lurk a lot. i've been following this blazers community for a long time. i'd rather go where they are. it is dead around here.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Am I the only one getting tired of the recriminations? What good is this doing?

This is not an either/or issue. There is no law against visiting more than one internet site!

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
^I repped you for that and wish I could do more. I thought this was a done issue. No one is chasing anyone anyway. BBF isnt the only site I visit and post on. We can be adults in this situation and stop with this petty back and forth.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I don't understand why Blazer fans whine so bad. You don't want to be confused with a Nets fan, do you??!!!???

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
From personal experience, this site is much better, the other one is more restricting. I still post on both, but I like this one a lot more.

And for those of you talking about the censorship, it makes sense. This board is much bigger. A lot of people on this board don't know about the other one, hence why everyone needed a pm to find it. That board doesn't censor this, because everyone over there already knew about this site, so it would serve no purpose. Mentioning the name of the other is a form of advertising it, because people will find it exists and check it out.

21 - 40 of 184 Posts