Registered
5,731 Posts
All censorship originates in the mind of a coward. - MARIS61

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
SnPnOnRnTnSnTnWnO dot com oh yea realgm.com is another blazers board
scout.com is good for football
c'mon bbb.net, man the eff up and don't get all cowardly that another site is being mentioned. It's called competition and this isn't the only show in town. Your most active community is DONE, don't lose the rest of your members.
You guys are apparently not understanding something. Linking to another website is allowed, as long as it's not specifically being done to take members away from here.

I've posted many links to news I've gotten from other forums, but I've done it to cite the source. When you all start coming here and purposely start posting links and telling people to leave BBF for another site, it's not tolerated.

I personally don't think the S2 site should've ever been censored, but that wasn't my decision. But we've already had members today come here and create threads purposely to drive members away, or in some cases, reply to a thread with a link leading to a supposed football board, but it actually led to the Blazers portion of S2.

It's good to see that the maturity level of some of those posters is so high.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
What's interesting is, if it weren't for the exact same exodus-style situation at Fanhome several years ago, no one would have come to basketballboards.net in the first place.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have used this site as my one and only Blazers board for a long time, and have come to know many posters. I really have no desire to move to a new site, but:

1.) I have more allegiance to the posters whom opinions I have come to value than I do to this board. If they all move to S2, I probably will too.

2.) I still don't know what the ABM off topic blowout was all about. I kinda wish I knew, as it very well could influence where I post.

So, I don't want to leave, but issue #1 makes me think I might have to, and issue #2 is still a mystery to me.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I have used this site as my one and only Blazers board for a long time, and have come to know many posters. I really have no desire to move to a new site, but:

1.) I have more allegiance to the posters whom opinions I have come to value than I do to this board. If they all move to S2, I probably will too.

2.) I still don't know what the ABM off topic blowout was all about. I kinda wish I knew, as it very well could influence where I post.

So, I don't want to leave, but issue #1 makes me think I might have to, and issue #2 is still a mystery to me.
ABM was banned for PM'ing a ton of members about S2 and telling them to go post there, and he accidentally PM's one of the Administrators on these forums, so he was banned. Like I said, it's fine to talk about other boards or link to them, etc. but not when purposely trying to take other members away.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
^why do you chime in this thread so often if you were never on this forum before this incident, yet at the same time talking to all the Blazer fans on their new board? Why do you care so much?

·
Registered
806 Posts
ABM was banned for PM'ing a ton of members about S2 and telling them to go post there, and he accidentally PM's one of the Administrators on these forums, so he was banned. Like I said, it's fine to talk about other boards or link to them, etc. but not when purposely trying to take other members away.
If I owned this board, I wouldn't want people posting here specifically to take people away either. But what I don't understand is, how do we know ABM PM'd a ton of members? Aren't private messages private? I can't imagine him being banned for telling one Admin about another site in a PM.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
If I owned this board, I wouldn't want people posting here specifically to take people away either. But what I don't understand is, how do we know ABM PM'd a ton of members? Aren't private messages private? I can't imagine him being banned for telling one Admin about another site in a PM.
Because other members said that he PM'd them, and he also admitted to doing it over at S2. We didn't just assume that it happened.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Because other members said that he PM'd them, and he also admitted to doing it over at S2. We didn't just assume that it happened.
OK, that makes sense. I just find it curious that someone is held accountable for the content of their "private messages". I can see how if they create a public post to try and get members to leave, that would be unacceptable. But the term "private messages" makes me believe you are just chatting with your friend, and that doesn't seem like the place for censorship.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
OK, that makes sense. I just find it curious that someone is held accountable for the content of their "private messages". I can see how if they create a public post to try and get members to leave, that would be unacceptable. But the term "private messages" makes me believe you are just chatting with your friend, and that doesn't seem like the place for censorship.
I understand where you're coming from, but his sending PMs telling members to leave is the same as him posting on the Main Board telling members to leave, only he didn't want us finding out about it. And we probably wouldn't have found out if he hadn't PM'd an administrator.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I understand where you're coming from, but his sending PMs telling members to leave is the same as him posting on the Main Board telling members to leave, only he didn't want us finding out about it. And we probably wouldn't have found out if he hadn't PM'd an administrator.
I understand where you're coming from as well. It just seems a little slimy that he got busted for the content of what you define as a private message, despite how it was brought to your attention.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I understand where you're coming from as well. It just seems a little slimy that he got busted for the content of what you define as a private message, despite how it was brought to your attention.
Yeah, a lot of members felt the same as you. It's really unfortunate all that's gone on, and I know most of the people will put the blame on me, anyway. But at this point, all there is to do is move on. Hopefully the Blazers posters that are here will continue to contribute, and if not, then hopefully we'll get a new influx of Blazers posters to try and make this board great again.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You guys are apparently not understanding something. Linking to another website is allowed, as long as it's not specifically being done to take members away from here.
Actually, you're the one not understanding something. Your statement quoted above is absolutely 100% false. Go back to post #16 in this forum and look at the link posted there. The mere mention of "the site that shall not be named" caused the link to be censored.

I've posted many links to news I've gotten from other forums, but I've done it to cite the source. When you all start coming here and purposely start posting links and telling people to leave BBF for another site, it's not tolerated.
The link in post #16 was a link to a thread on another board (that shall not be named) discussing a Chad Ford article on how the Darius Miles situation may impact Portland's cap space plans for next summer and how it may impact seven players on the current Portland roster who will be eligible for free agency next summer. It's a very informative discussion that is ABSOLUTELY NOT a link telling people to leave BBF for another site.

As a mod, I'd expect you to know the rules. Either you don't know the rules of the site you are moderating, or you're deliberately misstating those rules. The mere mention of the name of that other site gets automatically censored - not just links encouraging people to leave BBF. It seems like the "rules" are selectively enforced. We can link to olivem or realgm, but absolutely NO links are permitted to "that other site", even if they are links to very informative discussions that may be of legitimate interest to posters on this board. Sorry to say so, but that's just plain cowardly.

It's good to see that the maturity level of some of those posters is so high.
Insulting the posters who have left, but were once valuable contributors to this site, is divisive and offensive to those of us who remain. Again, isn't the job of a moderator to help keep the forum together, not help pull it apart? I know you're pissed at those who left, but insulting them isn't helping rebuild THIS forum, it's just driving more people away.

BNM

41 - 60 of 184 Posts