Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over sensitive much? I can understand locking a thread, but taking it down like all of the posts never existed??? If this is common practice I may use a10talk.com for the rest of Butler's short stopover in the A10.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
We have a policy that if we are going to link to other sites, they need to link back to us. If and when those messageboards decide to link back to BBF, we will be more than happy to post a link to them.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
When the BE7 becomes a conference, the guys here can start a forum for it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We have a policy that if we are going to link to other sites, they need to link back to us. If and when those messageboards decide to link back to BBF, we will be more than happy to post a link to them.
Since a large percentage of threads on these boards (a majority, I would guess) are started with a "link to other site(s)", this sounds like a completely unfeasible policy. Just tell us that the reason is "because". At least that's honest.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Since a large percentage of threads on these boards (a majority, I would guess) are started with a "link to other site(s)", this sounds like a completely unfeasible policy. Just tell us that the reason is "because". At least that's honest.
Xu was part right ... obviously we allow people to link to youtube and various news sources on the web... we will allow someone to promote their own personal stuff (blog or website) if they are either a: a long standing member of the boards or b: they link back to basketball forums to promote our site. We however do not allow anyone to promote other message boards on here.. i shouldnt have to explain the reasoning behind this since its so obvious

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If you don't like it then start your own board and link to whatever you want!

:yesyesyes:

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Xu was part right ... obviously we allow people to link to youtube and various news sources on the web... we will allow someone to promote their own personal stuff (blog or website) if they are either a: a long standing member of the boards or b: they link back to basketball forums to promote our site. We however do not allow anyone to promote other message boards on here.. i shouldnt have to explain the reasoning behind this since its so obvious
Very true, have a link in my signature that meets personal stuff, long standing member and a link to this site under A10, Jul-10-2009, category forum.

·
Registered
149 Posts
We however do not allow anyone to promote other message boards on here.. i shouldnt have to explain the reasoning behind this since its so obvious
It comes off as overly paranoid. At most, you should have edited the original post and placed a better explanation there, then maybe locked the thread. Even if an original post is deemed SPAM, once it becomes an active discussion thread in your community, you should own it. Deleting a thread like that will almost always spawn a new thread that looks exactly like this one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you don't like it then start your own board and link to whatever you want!

:yesyesyes:
That's just childish. 99% of the people who read and/or post on this board either have no interest in linking anything or wouldn't know how to make a link. This just sounds like some petulant moderator got his/her panties in bunch and exerted their "power" from behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

Whatever. One creates one's own irrelevance.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
That's just childish. 99% of the people who read and/or post on this board either have no interest in linking anything or wouldn't know how to make a link. This just sounds like some petulant moderator got his/her panties in bunch and exerted their "power" from behind the anonymity of a computer screen.

Whatever. One creates one's own irrelevance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've viewed this site forever and just registered a couple of days ago and poof- my posts are gone because they must have been in this thread. Absolute power corrupts absolutely right?

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out this fascination with gigantic signature lines. What is that?

R-Star, I caluclate you have posted 10X/day for 10 straight years to get that post total. That's impressive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts