Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious, I read if a deal doesn't go down it was possible we'd resign him.

My question is why?

I didn't see anything out of him that warranted him being on any NBA roster, including ours.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
This confuses me as well. That would give us Crawford(SG),Gill(SG/SF),Robinson(SF),Pippen(SG/SF),JYD(SF),Dupree(SG/SF),Jeffries(SG/SF), and Johnson(SG/SF). WHY?

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
This confuses me as well. That would give us Crawford(SG),Gill(SG/SF),Robinson(SF),Pippen(SG/SF),JYD(SF),Dupree(SG/SF),Jeffries(SG/SF), and Johnson(SG/SF). WHY?
Maybe they're going to petition the league to let us play with two of those SG/SFs at once since none of them are any good :laugh:

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Why?

A) Because our GM is unimaginative and much like Krause won't admit a mistake when it has been made.
B) He makes anyone who can hit a shot look that much better.
C) Someone has to push Pippen's wheel chair around.
D) We can't risk a roster spot on someone won't be in the NBA nest year......ohhhh wait......:rolleyes:

Lint hustled and we were all enamored with that. Not knocking John for that, but there are some other talents that deserve their first shot, before Lint gets his second.

In professional sports, you must step up and take advantage of your opportunities since they are short and sparse.

hell, I'd rather see us do a Dooling?Ely for Fizer trade before Lint Part Deux

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
John Paxson saw a helluva lot more of Linton Johnson than what we all did. We are not in a position to criticise Pax's judgement call on him.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ShamBulls</b>!
John Paxson saw a helluva lot more of Linton Johnson than what we all did. We are not in a position to criticise Pax's judgement call on him.
why not?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
All we know about Linton was what he produced on the court. It's not fair for us any of us to say we're giving him the veterans minimum just to be mere practice fodder. The fact they cut a guy who played 2000 minutes last season for him, and the fact they immediately talked openly about resigning him whilst cutting him tells me they liked something they saw. Linton didn't produce on the court, but why is he exempt from the leniance that all other rookies get? It's foolish for anyone to act like they know more than Pax.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ShamBulls</b>!
All we know about Linton was what he produced on the court.
ShamBulls,

Don't you mean what he didn't produce on the court. Everyone int he organization commented that he showed offensive ability in practice. You are right, we don't need anymore practice players. So we don't need Linton.

Unfortunately, there are dozens of Linton Johnson's in the developmental leagues ----guys who will work their tail off, have some talent, but can only be relied upon for short minutes. We don't have that luxury or need. We need real players. Unfortunately, there are fewer of those out there.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
PS - The way that everyone attacked Krause, Paxson better develop some very think skin. He will be overly judged on everything he does and says. That is why these boards are so popular.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!
I'm just curious, I read if a deal doesn't go down it was possible we'd resign him.

My question is why?

I didn't see anything out of him that warranted him being on any NBA roster, including ours.
I must say Areanas ... you seemingly always have the most astute observations.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
i think we should resign Linton "Legend" because we have been horrible since his departure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts