Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard/watched on PTI: Michael Wilbon - "The Dallas Mavericks will be in the NBA Championship!"

With San Antonio losing Duncan until possibly Mid-May, Dallas has a good chance to meet Sacramento in the first round and Phoenix could possibly overtake first place in the Western Conference, leaving San Antonio to play Seattle in round 1 without Duncan.

Wilbon says Dallas beats Sacramento, beats Phoenix, and beats Seattle to go to the Chip.

What are you guys' thoughts?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wow you put this up quick. I was going to devote a thread to this, but you were one step ahead of me. :biggrin:

But I'm not surprised, I like Wilbon (except for the fact that I do believe that OSU will beat Ill if they get past Zona). IMO he is right.

P.S. #300 :clap: :clap:

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SMDre said:
Wow you put this up quick. I was going to devote a thread to this, but you were one step ahead of me. :biggrin:

But I'm not surprised, I like Wilbon (except for the fact that I do believe that OSU will beat Ill if they get past Zona). IMO he is right.

P.S. #300 :clap: :clap:

Congrats on 300.

And you remember my ability to post quick for the April Poster of The month.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have to see how the Mavs do on this string of road games. Calling the Mavs the champs already is a little bit premature. If the Mavs do well on this road trip then I'm more a believer they can go all the way. With all the changes right now I don't think it's really possible.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Mavs41 said:
I have to see how the Mavs do on this string of road games. Calling the Mavs the champs already is a little bit premature. If the Mavs do well on this road trip then I'm more a believer they can go all the way. With all the changes right now I don't think it's really possible.
Its not the road you should be worried about, Its home. I think we will be fine on the road, we need to begin to dominate at home.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Right, now, I think we have to be the favorites with the Spurs down. The Suns are young, and have that "running, no D, no post presence" stigma about them we had for the longest. The Sonics, I don't know how they're winning, but I can't see a young team like that, a team that lives and dies by the 3 getting really deep in the POs. The Rockets could be considered fringe contenders, but they can't score, and they have noone else to look to playoff time besides Yao and Mcgrady. I think we were the consensus 2nd best contender in the West, and with Duncan's injury, we look like the favorites. We look like the favorites.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Wilbon is about the only sane NBA analyst alive today, makes me laugh when he sticks it to Tony lol. I remember clearly last year that at the end of the regular season he predicted the Pistons to win and they dio,m so this could be a good omen for us. When Damp and Stack return and with Avery at the helm we sure as hell can give it a damn good shaking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts