Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think both Wilcox & Ely would help if you don't overpay for the pair. It's no secret Maggette wants out. He announced it in the LA Times: "I ain't no sixth man." Wilcox's minutes are falling too. I'd engineer a three-way trade that includes acquiring Maggette and Wilcox and Ely and/or Lampe. Twin is a 'sacred cow,' but I'd move him for Maggette's salary and/or Wilcox's. Frankly, I'd like to see what Wright can do, but Maggette can do the same. :angel:

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
If Maggette doesn't want to be a sixth man in LA, why would he want to come here to be the same?

I'd love to have someone with his ability on the bench, but thats not going to happen without him causing problems/complaining about it.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
The first thing I thought of was where the heck is maggette going to play. Unless RJ or Vince is included in that deal, its a waste of time

·
Registered
99 Posts
Please state in the heading that it's an idea next time. I nearly pissed myself when I saw the thread name thinking it was actually being talked about. Why in the hell would the clippers want to do this? They have Elton Brand and Chris Kaman, and Maggette's not just any old player. He's a 20 ppg scorer in this league. And if he did come to NJ, he'd still be a 6th man, playing even less than in LA.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Aside from Maggette not wanting to be a 6th man, Twin is BYC so the Nets couldn't take back more than $2.5mm in salary.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Maggette is going to be starting once he is 100 pct. recovered from his injury. No way Clippers do this....

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm aware that we have RJ and VC. Maggette wouldn't get much playing time unless we moved RJ or VC for KG. Maggette could go to another team as part of a three-way. We could then get the big men we wanted. The NETS have got a lot of chips that can lubricate any deal.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
I'm aware that we have RJ and VC. Maggette wouldn't get much playing time unless we moved RJ or VC for KG. Maggette could go to another team as part of a three-way. We could then get the big men we wanted. The NETS have got a lot of chips that can lubricate any deal.
So are you saying the Nets should trade Twin for Wilcox? If they are not getting Maggette I assume that is what you mean. They need a big in addition to Twin not in place of.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
the nets will not trade collins, that is all we can be sure of.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
mjm1 said:
the nets will not trade collins, that is all we can be sure of.
Plus, what is his real trade value to other teams? I don't see much of a demand for him, and certainly not what it would take to pry him away from the Nets, who do think incredibly highly of him.

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Collins plays an important role on the NETS. He does the little things and makes the stat sacrifice that allows other players to roll up all-star numbers. We're talking about the double-doubles and triple-doubles associated with the gang rebounding scheme that allows the PG to lead in rebounding. He also sacrifices shots so that others can score more on more 'touches.' As such, he's probably the most popular guy on the club - making the superstars happiest - and even though his roster/salary slot could be filled with a more effective player, the team loves him. He's arguably the NETS' best big defender (though not in Tim Duncan's league) ... perhaps the best defender on the team. Sad thing is that I think he's a fine backup. The NETS are high on him, though, and I don't see them moving him. Maggette should help facilitate a trade with another club.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
I think both Wilcox & Ely would help if you don't overpay for the pair. It's no secret Maggette wants out. He announced it in the LA Times: "I ain't no sixth man." Wilcox's minutes are falling too. I'd engineer a three-way trade that includes acquiring Maggette and Wilcox and Ely and/or Lampe. Twin is a 'sacred cow,' but I'd move him for Maggette's salary and/or Wilcox's. Frankly, I'd like to see what Wright can do, but Maggette can do the same. :angel:
Please learn the CBA before posting trade ideas.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Are you on crack?

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I scouted Wilcox tonight. Clippers won big behind Brand, Maggette and Cassel. Wilcox got mostly garbage minutes. He had some bright spots. He's not an accurate shooter, a bit clumsy and doesn't always play smart. I don't think he's motivated to work on his game. He's a long range project, but the NETS have the staff to correct his deficiencies and get the most out of him as a player. He'll languish behind Brand. That said, be careful about parting with too much for him or Ely. He's got the size and athleticism, but he's going to take a lot of work to make into a better player. Otherwise, he'll be a career backup.

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
a better option would be Ndong

rotting his skills on the inactive list

this guy can straight up play man

just close your eyes and imagine...

jkidd running mad in transition, dishes a silver dime to the skinny N DONG DONG DONG DONG DONG

GOES FOR THE ALLEY OOP DONG OOP DONG OOP DONG

OO YEAH BABYY OOOH GIGGITY GGIGGITY GOO MAN OOH YEAH DONG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts