Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wilcox to the Clippers?

There has been a rumor that Eric Snow is traded to th Clippers for Odom.
I think it's true that the Sixers try to trade away Snow, espacially when they sign Buckner and give him the starting job. But I also think that a Snow-for-Odom Trade is unrealistic. The Sixers would ask for too much.
IMO a Snow-for-Wilcox-Trade would also make a lot of sense and is fair.
Wilcox would give the Sixers a young, athletic PF, something they really need (I don't believe that Damone Brown will have a big impact at the 4 next year).

Thoughts?

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: Wilcox to the Clippers?

Originally posted by JBH
There has been a rumor that Eric Snow is traded to th Clippers for Odom.
I think it's true that the Sixers try to trade away Snow, espacially when they sign Buckner and give him the starting job. But I also think that a Snow-for-Odom Trade is unrealistic. The Sixers would ask for too much.
IMO a Snow-for-Wilcox-Trade would also make a lot of sense and is fair.
Wilcox would give the Sixers a young, athletic PF, something they really need (I don't believe that Damone Brown will have a big impact at the 4 next year).

Thoughts?
I will try a hit each part of your post.

The Snow for Odom trade wasnt gonna go down because the Clippers would have traded a potential Superstar for an unlikely starter.

Greg Buckner is not a point guard. He's not even a SG in my opinion.

Snow for Wilcox wouldnt work because of Salary cap ramifications. Snow makes too much

Damone is a Small Forward not a PF

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re

That's what I said:
Odom for Snow trade is never gonna happen, but I think that Snow would be a starter for the Clippers.
The Sixers plan to start Buckner alongside Iverson in the backcourt, because he has the size (6'4").
In a team with Iverson you don't need a real PG, all you need is a guy to bring the ball...
I don't know if Brown is more a SF, but he grew and is now 6'10", so i think he could see some playng time at the 3.
just my opinion...

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: oops, last sentence I meant "...at the 4"

Originally posted by JBH
nm
No problem, I understand where you coming from but he is now 6' 10 but only like 214 so he's seeing 0 minutes at that 4 spot

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
yeah I definitely see Brown as more of a 3 but i suppose he could get time at the 4 spot since his height is nice. George Lynch got time at the 4, tho he was stronger.

I like Damone at the 3 and I really want him to see some tiem this ye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts