Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you Clippers fans: why isn't Chris Wilcox getting more minutes and what do you think of him as a player.

I'm real curious as I was real high on him when he was coming out of Maryland: I thought he had the potential to be even better the Brand and he's looked pretty good when I've seen him. Like to see what his team's fans think of him

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Athletic freak, but not consistent, and also makes terrible decisions. Its not going to show up in the stats tonight, but hes a big reason we lost tonight, as in the overtime periods he played terribly. Stupid fouls, terrible passes, almost blew a wide open rebound (actually did blow it, but kaman came to the rescue).

If he could get his head on straight, he could be the 6th man of the year in the league, because he does have talent. But i dont know if its pressure or what, he just doesnt seem like he knows what he is doing sometimes.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I won't be that hard on him because I'm one of those fans that really like Chris and want him to do well.

I've come to his defense against a lot of fans that complain about his defense. Tonight, I watched intensely, and I have to agree ... he REALLY needs to work on his defense over the summer. His concentration is off because I believe he only likes to play offense and that is what he positions himself for on the court. However, down the stretch when he was fumbling balls out of bound and committing inopportune fouls --- I believe he like a lot of the guys was exhausted. He hasn't had much time on the court, so he's not in really good shape.

I would give Chris a C- on defense and B+ on offense. :biggrin:

EDIT: LA fans at Staples LOVE Chris; he can do no wrong.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Wilcox is an athletic freak. He will dunk and dunk it with authority. He is getting better posting up and scoring. He still needs to learn about the game because he sometimes takes bad shots. His biggest flaw and the reason he doesn't play is that his defense needs a lot of work. He needs to be aware and stay with his man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts