Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone of us seem to have high hopes for this guy. We are all labeling him as our future and our future franchise player. So I was wondering if most of us on these boards think that he'll live up to his potential and become one of the top players in the league.

I for one assume that he'll one day be at least an all-star caliber player. He's only 19 right now, and is playing superb against much bigger, stronger, and older players. Plus his attitude and personality is very unique for a person his age.

I personally think he'll be a consitant 20 and 10 guy every year after his first 2 seasons.

I dunno about being as good as KG, but I do think he'll be a star

Your thoughts?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Right now I don't see any aspect of his game that could limit his potential. The only thing that holds him back is the fact that he needs to get stronger, and since he has already gained weight in the time he has been with our team (supposedly 15 or 20 pounds), that doesn't seem to be much of a problem, either.

Honestly, no matter how closely you watch him play, he seems to be at least very good in every area of play. It's very hard to find a fault in his game--and he is just 2 years removed from high school!

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i don't know if he'll have the success of Tim Duncan but i see him as that kind of allstar. it's really hard to say because we rarely get to see big men develop from such an early age. the baby bulls were so talented but were brought along very slowly. who knows, maybe all these kids will develop into star players like Jermaine O'neal has. Bosh is certainly headed in the right direction. He can already do it all and has the drive and the smarts to continue improving as a player for years and years to come. Tim Duncan has risen to the league elite and I see no reason that Bosh doesn't have THAT kind of superstar potential.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Bosh has all the tools: length, quickness, natural shooting ability, intelligence, coachable, good instincts, etc, etc.

He will certainly be a 20pt/10reb guy which is still the standard for an all-star in the league.

Once his hands get stronger and he can finish with power inside the lane he will be unstoppable. Too much finesse inside right now, and he gets stripped too easily.

He has the potential to become a Duncan/KG level player but that is so difficult to attain and so few players can maximize their potential like that.

But the worst case scenario for a healthy Chris Bosh is rising every day. Jermaine O'Neal level may be where he stops improving but that is still very special.

If his inside game doesn't get much better he could still revert to a TimThomas type player and that would be disappointing. I don't see that happening with CB.

Will definitely be an all-star and has the potential of becoming a top 10 guy in the league someday.

·
Registered
731 Posts
he got the jump shots, the dunks, the moves, the speed, the time (young), and all he's lacking now is some touches + shots.....else he'll get 20ppg easy....:laugh:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i agree, he needs to gain my weight to be more effective inside. he needs to develope sum post moves as well. other than that, he has the potential, but i dont think hes in the same level as Garnett or Duncan. I like the comparisons to Jermaine Oneal, or a poors man Tim Duncan or a better version of clifford robinson. 20 pts, 10rbs if he reaches his full pontential.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
i think he will be a superstar in this league, like someone said before in this thread the only thing stopping him is his skinnyness

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Originally posted by <b>macro6</b>!
i agree, he needs to gain my weight to be more effective inside. he needs to develope sum post moves as well. other than that, he has the potential, but i dont think hes in the same level as Garnett or Duncan. I like the comparisons to Jermaine Oneal, or a poors man Tim Duncan or a better version of clifford robinson. 20 pts, 10rbs if he reaches his full pontential.
a better version of clifford robinson? please..i see him being just as good as duncan and garnett look at garnett's rookie year and you'll see bosh has better numbers. i see bosh getting 24+ points and 11+ rebounds in 3 years.

he'll be light years ahead of jermaine oneal.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i'll give you an answer once i find my magic 8 ball :p

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I don't think Chris Bosh will be able to develop assisting himself. He needs to get a mentor, the coach, or anybody that would physically and mentally develop him like mad.

·
Registered
569 Posts
He's going to be a monster. I see him falling somewhere between Jermaine O'neal and Garnett, which is awesome. I see him at 22/10 and 2 blocks most years, career year with his scoring average around 25-30 possibly. He's also seems to be a excellent defender, which will only improve with experiene and strength, and can see him becoming a top post defender. He is our future.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I've always compared him to Jermaine O'Neal since draft time when we selected him. I like that comparison better than KG because Bosh's game is much more similar to Jermaine's though he has KG's body type and athleticism. Jermaine was even skinnier than Bosh when he came into the league at 210, now he's bulked up to 240-245.

Bosh has really shown uniqueness, and passion that no one expected from a 19 year old. I don't know if we'll ever see a mix of freak athelticism, height, and unbelieveable talent as KG has. I think Bosh might come close, and he'll be a superstar, but to go to Duncan and KG's level will require a lot. It's hard to say if he will be, but he just might be, I think he'll surpass the Jermaine/Brand/Rasheed level and be a franchise big man that can lead his team. I also think Rasheed is a fair comparison to Bosh as there both atheltic and extremely talented big men.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts